On Bugging Out

Discussion in 'Urban Survival' started by John Snort, Jul 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    When disaster strikes surviving in a city will be next to impossible. Once the stores have been looted there'll be no food, there'll be no water and with gangs running wild there'll be no safety either which is why you should bug out as soon as possible. The assumption here is you'll be moving to a more secure location where most of your survival supplies are.

If you don't have a location in mind don't bug out, leaving everything behind hoping that things will be better elsewhere. The are no guarantees that any place will be safe post-event.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes EVERYONE will head for the hills that's what they do in just about every disaster movie and everyone has seen those movies!
    Now the way I see it is if I bug out to the hills I will be either in front of, behind of or in the middle of the mass's all heading for the hills!
    I see that as dangerous so I f I am caught in the city/urban areas I plan to just hunker down with my supplies and let the danger flow to the hills!

John Snort likes this.
  3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    In a situation like this when a disaster is imminent people tend to lose their cool and evacuate the city immediately, which is really not the best idea especially if you don't have a plan. Asses the situation first, make sure you're stocked up on food and water for a while then start thinking about your next steps. Don't panic, that can be fatal.

Para173 likes this.
  4. Para173

Para173 Well-Known Member
      95/99

Blog Posts:
    Plan now, be ready and if trouble hits, wait to see if you need to evacuate. The majority of times you probably will not need to go anywhere at all because everything will blow over. Riots generally peak in 4 days or so for the most part. Some riots and rioters linger, the paid ones and professionally agitated ones, for a week or more. Recently at one riot area it was discovered that 70% of the arrested rioters were from OUTSIDE the area of the rioting and looting. It is believed by some local law enforcement personnel that many of the rioters are paid professionals who were trained to do riots because of election year politics in the U.S. So be aware of what is happening here in the U.S. now because there is a very strong possibility that such unseemly conduct may soon be coming to an area in your country....

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, in the UK, we call this "renta mob".

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    there wont be many if any people-rich or poor- bugging out in the UK, this is a country where most people don't walk more than 200metres/yards from their vehicle, where most don't know where their food comes from and even in some cases which animal(I kid you not!).

8. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
    I live in a big Urban area.

1 hour away from D.C
    and 1 hour away from 2 or so Military bases.

I'm nearly in the thick of it, so my plan is to hunker down for at the very least a week, and anywhere from a few months to a year at the most. Wait for everyone to loot, and gangs to tear people apart, Let the military roll through and clean house. This will allow me time to remain somewhat safer, and to gain bearing on the situation. Then I will bug out and head up to the mountains, or back home down south.