Packs

Discussion in 'Essential Items' started by Tom Williams, May 27, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    The type of packs today are endless keith has nice ones in his forums todays packs are about the same only they have padding made into them that make the use of them much more comfy i myself have a old alice pack with frame i stole wheni was a marine 40 years later it still works great i like a frame because it can be used without the bag to carry other stuff leavein hands free to carry a firearm a alice pack carrys 120lbs of gear easy thats a lot of gear ladies for you i say run your pack at 80lbs

2. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Avoid packs that have cordage for straps as a main pack the cordage is not a comfy carry with a heavy pack.

3. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    There is a lot to consider when selecting the right backpacking pack; whether it's your first bag or you're just adding to the quiver. You can choose the type of packs that most people will be drawn toward and will use for day-in and day-out backpacking. While a general pack could be used for travel, such as "backpacking" through Europe, South America or Southeast Asia, and most are versatile enough for some general mountaineering applications, these kind of packs aren't necessarily geared specifically for those activities. I recommend to check some different types of packs and choose a suitable one for your needs.

4. cluckeyo

cluckeyo Well-Known Member
      95/140

Blog Posts:
    I have a couple of packs by Osprey. They are nice packs. They both have lightweight frames. The newer one is an ultra-light pack. It's maybe 3# lighter than the other one. Holding down pack-weight is meaningful to me. Carrying a 40+ # pack is not my favorite thing to do. And when it comes to filling it up, ounces count! So it becomes necessary to get creative. Not only is there limited space, but the lighter the better. Osprey has a lifetime guarantee on their packs.

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Id work on getting weight up a bit just the more you have the better you will be check out military poncho liners for blankets those small lightweight blankets pack well and are super warm lighter here and there makes room for more and pack weight will same or abit heavier

6. Fartion

Fartion Member
      13/25

Blog Posts:
    Firstly I want to say I'm sorry because I can see that this is nearly a year old thread but I really wanted to ask OP cluckeyo or Tom Williams, where I can get the Osprey?! I mean, either it is me a bad scout or i just can't find it anywhere... i also search for anafranil but that's another story!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017