Pennsylvania Members

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by LHCB, Jan 26, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. LHCB

LHCB Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    South Central Pennsylvania here, with family all over the country. If there is a get together in the eastern 1/3 of the country I'd be interested in attending. Planning these things would take time but Spring isn't too far off (even though it seems like Winter just began with this snow).

2. DocPA13

DocPA13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Central PA here. Looking to share/ trade ideas with like minded people.

3. HERK7769

HERK7769 Well-Known Member
      70/58

Blog Posts:
    Lower Bucks here.
    Also a member of ARES/RACES amateur radio including HF.

CountryGuy and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Union County, near Lewisburg. Originally from western PA near DuBois

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Thought I'd bump this, any other actives here in PA??

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Anyone have extensive knowledge about Honey Brook, PA.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Sorry I don't other than a few years ago the job I had would have me pass thru the area a few times a year.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    I was raised in that general area in the mid 40's to mid 50's on dairy farms. I have this fantasy of visiting the area before I die.

I remember my dad and I at a gas station and the attendant stopped pumping fuel, and looked up at the sky, then went inside and on one of those crank up phones called and looking at a chart on the wall pointed with his finger and said, "Yes, PA-28 at 3,000 AGL headed east-south east @ 11:43 AM then he hung up and continued pumping fuel.

Remember this was in Honey Brook, nearly 70 years ago, just after the end of WW-II

9. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Well it's still fairly rural though like the town I grew up in, 322 runs right thru the middle of it. It's likely a lot more grown up than what you remember from 60+ years ago. Downington is sorting of pushing out that way and a few more residential areas.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  10. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Does the Downingtown Farmers Market still exist......It was a huge indoor building. Going from EXTON, PA. towards Downingtown it was on the right side just before the start of Downingtown.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Holdren86

Holdren86 Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    My family and I currrently love in Snyder county, Selinsgrove. I’m originally and graduated from Hughesville.

CountryGuy likes this.
  13. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Holdren. I'm in Union county, Mifflinburg area.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Holdren86 to this wonderful forum. There is something about Pa. that often woos me. I'll never go back, can't go back, the Pa. of the 40's and 50's is gone.

Like much of New York State it would be wonderful "if" 80% of the humans were gone. And 100% of the Sales Tax was gone.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. CountryGuy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    You still around Holdren?

TMT Tactical likes this.