Perhaps A Primitive Forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by Keith H., May 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I only suggest this because many people do not like or agree with using primitive equipment over modern equipment. This is fine, but if these primitive posts are placed in other forums, then these people seem to need to try & put the person down who is posting their experience with primitive gear. They can of course be ignored, but their negativity does spoil the post & conversation some what.
    Also it keeps the primitive side all in one place, so people know where to go to look for it.
    Just a thought.
    Regards, Keith.

sunnytn likes this.
  2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Ai love my muzzleloader hunt deer with it alot of fun very good weapon for what it is have flintlock and a inline both are great guns but to protect me and to survive a shtf im goung with firepower most of my gear here is old good quailty made stuff ive lived off grid and been ready for many years

Keith H. likes this.
  3. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree Tom, a muzzle-loading gun is slower to load than a modern firearm even when using cartridges, & the modern firearm is best used for defense. I have both muzzle-loaders & modern firearms. The modern firearms are used for defense ONLY, not hunting.
    Keith.

4. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    I would love to add a primitive section. Which category should it go under? Or should it have its own with sub categories?

sunnytn and Keith H. like this.
  5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    If it sticks to primitive bush/woodcraft all is good
    Keiths site is full of great stuff! simple handy stuff that everybody should know/learn
    Only bit I dislike is the bull surrounding his pushing of the flintlock!

6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I would suggest "All Things Primitive" (Pre 1900ad) forum on its own. Everything & anything pre 1900 can go into it.
    Keith.

sunnytn likes this.
  7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sounds good to me.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. branchd77

257/345

Blog Posts:
    Can you give me at least 4 sub forum titles?

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    FIRE, SHELTER, TOOLS & WEAPONS, PACKS & BAGS, OTHER EQUIPMENT & ACCOUTERMENTS, TRAIL FOODS, WILDERNESS LIVING SKILLS, GROWING YOUR OWN FOODS (Gardens & Livestock).

Should cover it. See how it goes.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  10. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I did supply a list of sub forums, see above. Are you going to add more, or do you want me to put everything into the "Tools" section you have added ?
    Regards, Keith.

branchd77 likes this.
  11. branchd77

257/345

Blog Posts:
    Keith, I added your suggestions all over the forum. I will be updating the forums and doing some reorganizing over the next few months. Sorry about the delays been focused on driving in more traffic. You can send me a private message if you need anything urgent. Thank you

Keith H. likes this.
  12. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    No problem.
    Keith.

13. sunnytn

sunnytn Well-Known Member
      90/99

Blog Posts:

14. sunnytn

90/99

Blog Posts:
    One possible subcategory under the Primative category could be Native American survival techniques. We can learn a lot from them because they had no choice, but to survive and thrive in the wilderness.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  15. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the Aborigines had the same sorts of skills too as had the Eskimo's, in fact most countries had some kind of natives living in a tribal environment, even in Britain we had our own hunter gatherer's.

Keith H. and sunnytn like this.
  16. sunnytn

90/99

Blog Posts:
    That is true, lonewolf. Most countries have native ancestory that we can learn from. I mentioned Native American, because I live in the U.S., but I am interested in all primitive survival skills. Because survival itself is a primitive skill that goes back to beginning of man.

lonewolf likes this.
  17. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Anything under "Primitive Skills" will include all primitive skills from all areas.
    Keith.

sunnytn likes this.
  18. sunnytn

90/99

Blog Posts:
    Sounds good to me, Keith.

Keith H. likes this.