Permanent shelter supplies.

Discussion in 'Permanent Shelters' started by jonthai, Jun 14, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    So imagine you're building a permanent shelter. What are your priorities of things to put in there, and what extras can you incorporate to provide with extra accommodation and security?

2. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    For starters, at least 3 months worth of food and water. From there it will be weapons and ammo to fend off a small army. A bed and a 50 inch TV to keep me entertained.

That would be a basic list of a simply dwelling. Nothing too fancy.

3. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    A TV? Really?
    What do you expect to be watching on it? :)
    Not having a go, just curious. Perhaps I need to get in on that!

For me, I agree with the above - as much non-perishable food as humanly possible. As much water as one can get his hands on. Be it bottled, be it in a tank, be it a means of catching rain water. A lot of clothing, for all purposes, for all people. A ton of blankets and cushions and pillows, as people do need comfort, As many hygiene products as possible.
    Weaponry, hunting and fishing tools.

4. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Well, don't assume it the end of times and the grid is down. The original poster didn't stipulate the conditions or other variables. I posted the main 3 items i needed to hold up in a permanent shelter. I slept on rocks before, highly over rated. So since this is more like a wish list, I want a bed and TV after the main 3 items.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    if it isn't the end of times and the grid is still up there wont be the mass panic of the populace, why live in a shelter if that is the case? aren't you short of making a hard time of it when you don't need to? alright I don't live in the city, I live in the countryside, so maybe i'm seeing it from a completely different angle.
    I see no point in bugging out and living rough if there is no need to.

6. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Agreed. Plus I kind of like the idea of life without a TV I guess.
    So I'm biased against the idiot box. :p

...even if I do own, and regularly watch one.

7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    same here, all those adverts and trailers, and all those repeats? what the hell am I paying a tv licence for?:D

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I quite fancy a life without technology, I know for most people that would be their idea of hell, but I like the idea of a simpler more basic life.

9. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Wow. Where are you that you have to pay for a licence?