Pistols That Do Not Require Licence, Registration Or Permit To Purchase!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Keith H., Jun 12, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Antique flintlock pistols do not require a firearms licence, registration or permit to purchase in NSW Australia. Check your state regulations on antique guns.
    Keith.
    EjDBJpDQdvf0lK3eFbDR9lorK4rMkq-w.jpeg
    With attached bayonet.

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Black powder firearms in penna requir no paperwork yet but most shos fill it out and do back ground check before you an buy jus to protect themselfs

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the USA, muzzle loaders do not require license or any paperwork for that matter. In my case, the U.S. federal government knows all about me, finger prints & palm prints & background check. But then, south of the Mason Dixon, the rarity is someone NOT owning a firearm.

In another thread, I was mentioning cap'n'ball revolvers. These could provide a tool for self defense. They are much more work, yet if one wishes to stay away from the cancer of Big Brother paperwork and all the anti-Constitutional "proving yourself innocent" crap, then such a revolver would be the way to go.

Take your time learning the safe operation of these old revolvers because they can chain-fire on you -- this is when one chamber sets off the next and the next and ... . You'll be digging metal out your hand or you can blow a finger loose off your hand. Prevention of such involves grease over the ball (or conical bullet) on the forward end of the cylinder. Prevention also involves grease/wax over the percussion caps on the rear of the cylinder. What compound to use and how to do so needs your reading attention before heading out to the range.

Cap'n'ball revolvers can be purchased with extra cylinders so that you can swap cylinders when the first is finished. There are those who roll-their-own paper cartridges for these black powder weapons. Again, do your reading, because in this short space, no one can give instruction in their use -- there's much to learn, boys and girls. And it's nasty work, your hands will be greasy-filthy after an afternoon at the range. I've had friends into black powder royal. I'm not into this, however I've really really really wanted to do so. Guess I'm lazy and spoiled with cartridge revolvers (which I like more than automatics, but automatics can be very accurate and I'm an accuracy nut).

Black powder revolvers can be very powerful.
    http://poconoshooting.com/blackpowderballistics.html

In the above tables, scroll down to the table for the [Colt] Walker. We are talking about a conical bullet leaving the muzzle with around 400 ft-lb of energy! Yes, that's .357 mag. territory. In 1844, the Walker was a killer and nothing has changed since.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    My freind huntd dee fo many years with a cap and ball 44 with good sucsess now long in tooth like me he comes and uses stands on my place with his dads old 308. I kep hinting to mrs and kids i want a 44 cap and ball but so far no so im saveing my fixin money in a old tin in the shop to buy it myself lol

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well, I'm sure you'll get there, if you've put your self to the task, I'm sure you'll gather the funds.

I've thought about the .36 muzzle-loading revolver for a fun-gun / range-blaster. But gosh, I sure can be lazy and sure can do my best to avoid clean-up time. The time I've spent in my life cleaning firearms back from the range is likely staggering! I had a chest x-ray just this past week and they tell me may lungs are still there, there's no TB, and no scarring. Now how is that possible?!!! I've had my lungs swimming in solvent and gun oil fumes. Maybe I should not refer to myself as an old geezer, but instead call myself Iron Lungs.