Pocket chain saw

Discussion in 'All Resources About Fire' started by Tom Williams, Jun 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Mrs gradded one so i had to try it. It makes smooth clean cuts cut quickly on logs 6 in round and larger it is not the best but 6in and under it works well. ITS A WORK OUT TO USE !!!BUT DID A FINE JOB. Easy to pack and carry and cost it would be a nice add to your pack

2. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    A pocket chainsaw! That's sounds cool, I'd be worried that I would accidently cut my leg off or something though, haha.

3. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Lol only if stupid would you hurt yourself it was under ten bucks at walmart for getting wood ready for fire it be great

4. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I don't where I could get one in the UK, my boyfriend has taken up woodworking and something like that would be really useful, he goes and finds natural wood near the brook for most of his projects so it'd be good for collecting it.

5. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Yes it would work well for that maybe buy omline ? Useing it now would get him use to how it works

6. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    It is shockingly simple to cut through a small log with a pocket chainsaw which makes it such a great tool. I don’t know what is necessary in order to come up with a model that has the power to cut through much larger pieces of wood but as soon as they figure that out I might have to invest in one. For me, something that small with that much capability is not just for cutting wood. I would use it as an all purpose tool, especially on the construction site or smaller personal projects.

7. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    You could make one out of any chain saw blade for what it is it worked well on logs under 8in

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have never heard of these. I cant imagine what it must look like. How much faster is it than an axe?

9. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Mfor what it is it worked great. It is faster than axe and a little less effort

10. QtheMyst

QtheMyst Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Oh wow I have seen things things online and I think they are the coolest tool! I had no idea it was so easy to make one yourself. That is great to know! Another project for my DIY survival gear list! :D