Power Sources

Discussion in 'Safety' started by cipkamarco, May 24, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. cipkamarco

cipkamarco Member
      13/25

Blog Posts:
    What do you think is the best way to gain power? Getting energy through water, sun, wind? I think the best way is using solar panels, if you live in a house. For bigger are wind turbines.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you mean now, or post SHTF?

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Well I have just installed 1kw of solar panels on the roof of my bus got the wiring to do over the next week!

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    When we go to the province, I usually see a big anemometer is connected to a water tank. My father said that the propeller rotates when hit by the wind and in effect moves the turbine-like gadget below that fetches water. In other words, that particular farm gets water from underground without an electric pump. Now, if that propeller will be attached to a dynamo then the wind power can produce electricity. I guess that is the best way to create power when in the wilderness. But I understand that it's not that simple for it may need a battery to store the electricity that is created by the dynamo.

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think all three have their merits if you have the right conditions. Our header stream is not constant enough for hydro electricity, wind here in the forest is also not good for driving a windmill. Sun we have, so we use solar power.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]