Read this first.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by branchd77, Jan 16, 2016.

Read this first. 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. ladyluck

ladyluck New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi names Alex. Live in Oakland. I have spent much of my life developing skills in building (ceramics, glass, wood, metal) I've always been a hands on kinda tomgirl. (because of my rough and tumble ways, I've learned some good first aid skills along the way). I love camping/backpacking/hiking/climbing. I want to learn more about survivalist skills so I can go off into the wilderness myself and be fine. I am also seeing the world turn for the worse and want to make sure I can take care of myself no matter what happens.
    I look forward to learning from all of you!

Scott Chaffin likes this.
  2. Nsystem

Nsystem New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone im Nares greetings from Australia

3. The Count By Night

The Count By Night New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    My name is Jake, I am a construction worker. I am relatively new to the whole prepping world, I was a Boy Scout growing up and I believe it is very important to be prepared. I have joined this forum to learn more and get ideas and tips and tricks! I'm excited to learn more from everyone.

4. Stevie lewis

Stevie lewis New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Jack of many not all trades. When I was a kid, boyscouts showed old army survival 8 mm reels my friends and I put them to the test and since then I was hooked on how to survive drop me in the woods dessert or Siberia and I will survive. I've lived along time off the grid then met my soulmate and had a family so I'm a little out of touch with my skills and I'm always thirsty for more knowledge. We have taught our children what we could when we could however being a father in this technological world my children have never really seen the dark side of our world and we hope they don't have to. It doesn't matter to me I just want to be prepared when the SHTF so I'm am and always be looking for every way possible to better my skills.

5. Blacksmithprepper

Blacksmithprepper New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:

6. shadyjff1

shadyjff1 Active Member
      33/50

Blog Posts:
    Hi every one. I’m shady from northern Alberta. Looks like a good site for information. Looking forward to chatting. I’m more into bush craft, but this is not too far off.

7. Rodney W. Miiller

Rodney W. Miiller New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    My name is Rod. I am a retired us army, after retirement I worked as a fireman, EMT, & deputy sheriff.

8. Mike Steffens

Mike Steffens New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Good day all,
    Mike, retired fireman/paramedic now in South New Jersey. Prepping for a few years looking to learn more. Making plans with one of my son's to build an offgrid homesteam with a bunker in the neat 2 to 3 years.

9. Phantom

Phantom New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey John I work underground up in the arctic and would love to learn more as well I think you would have lots to teach feel free to chat anytime I go by Phantom

10. Phantom

Phantom New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I would love ve to learn anything you want to teach I am 54 and currently working in the NWT.

11. TackleBox

TackleBox New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello I'm TackleBox and I'm new at a lot of this This is my first forum and first self sufficient club. So please bear with me if I do something wrong not even sure I'm typing this in the correct place lol

hollowgirl likes this.
  12. UP-Prepper

UP-Prepper New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:

13. UP-Prepper

UP-Prepper New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Not sure if I'm doing this right or not but here goes. I have lived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan all my life. I now realize that I have survival skills just from growing up here. For me it's a lifestyle and culture thing. I may not be as prepared as much as some but I think I'm prepared better than most. Willing to share life experiences and knowledge.

hollowgirl likes this.
  14. ozboy

ozboy Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Hi folks. As you might guess form my screen name I'm from down under. I have been to the U.S. about 8 times and am looking forward to going again soon. I'm here to talk to, listen learn and connect with like minded people. Best wishes, Ozboy.

hollowgirl likes this.
  15. OfficerOtto

OfficerOtto Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    Greetings everyone. My name is David and I'm here to learn. I'm new to the prepping/survival world and I'm building most of my stuff from the ground up on a modest budget. I'm in the public safety field and do entirely too much work for work while at work and sometimes while at home. I have some tactical experience, some basic first aid/combat casualty care training and a whole lot of experience talking people out of doing stupid things.

hollowgirl likes this.
  16. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't forget all you new members, the only "stupid" question is the one you DONT ask!!!:D

17. Scott Chaffin

Scott Chaffin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi my name is Scott, I love the outdoors. Anything from fishing, camping, hiking, survival, and even stealth camping. I got some dirt time that has helped me relate to alot of things that people have gone through, and people may need to know.
    Also my dirt time includes military training as well.
    I should also include the scouts. I'm from Ohio.. but my dirt goes from Kentucky, Tennessee, app trail, Illinois, and Florida. I've trained people to hike, survive, and such. But don't like to boast about it. Just for the simple fact I learn everyday myself. And by no means do I think of myself as a teacher or instructor. Just someone that keeps things simple hence K.I.S.S. ( keep it simple stupid)
    My favorite qoute would have to be, "It's better for people to think your stupid, than for you to open your mouth and remove all doubt".. Mark Twain

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    hollowgirl likes this.
  18. Snoopy0752

Snoopy0752 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    My name is Steve. Retired Navy, 21 years. First half of Navy career as Hospital Corpsman...Aerospace Physiology Tech. Also SAR Corpsman. Second half as Electronics Tech. Lots of practical survival experience, and like to be prepared for anything. Was unit Disaster Preparedness Petty Officer in when stationed in Azores.

hollowgirl likes this.
  19. jringer1975

jringer1975 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello my name is Jason and I have been interested in survivalist training my entire life so thank you for having this forum available for all of us to share our experiences with each other so we aren't roaming the earth aimlessly anymore..

20. Akhunter

Akhunter New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey fellow prep peeps I go by hunter and love to do the same. I'm also prior navy and have 2 kids serving. I'm from and live in Alaska which has its own challenges. Looking forward to talking and sharing ideas with all of you.

Old Geezer likes this.
  21. James L Bryant

James L Bryant New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey all my name is James close friends call me Jim i am ex army.
    I was raised on a small farm, hunting, fishing and trapping all my life. Still trapping have a 1000 acres i'm trapping now, 31st most of what i trap the rest is used for bait or just not fit for any thing. I tan the hides and sale them or trade, i also make things from the hides. I have worked as a carpenter, and machines. I know how to can food, i grow a garden every year. I can sew make some of my clothes. Trying to learn my wild edibles right now and just started raising rabbits. Thanks for the add.

Old Geezer likes this.
  22. Steven Potter

Steven Potter New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Steven Potter. I'm continually reading anything I can find that is survival related from Bushcraft 101 to SAS survival manual (that one is in my bug out bag by the way.) I grew up in Iowa along the bank's of the Mississippi and Wapsipinicon rivers learning from a young age how to hunt, fish, track, trap, skin, and process all types of game. Also learned self reliance and horticultural skills. I'm a previous Cavalry Scout of 12yrs and an expert long distance marksmen. Based on this, I think I'm fairly well suited to SHTF or WOROL. But I enjoy speaking with others and learning other perspectives.

Old Geezer likes this.
  23. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like you'll be having some very valuable information to share.

24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    For this site, write some of your stories. No doubt within them will be items of instruction. Often, we do not know what will be of use to others, yet in simply describing a survival situation or describing some process, needed information for others will be inadvertently contained. Welcome

25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Alaska, OK so you are bound to have stories and answers to questions. Extreme environments breed new ideas and solutions. Do share.

26. Dbdsnoop

Dbdsnoop New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everybody, I'm Dennis. My wife and i full time camp right now but when we stop, i wouldn't mind living out in the middle of nowhere, or even off grid. Just wanted to sharpen my skills some so I'll be ready.

27. Daryl G. Allen

Daryl G. Allen Active Member
      31/29

Blog Posts:
    I am both a retired military member plus retired police officer. I always like learning more on survival techniques. As my grandfather once said "You continue to learn something every day until you die."

28. Dazzlekid

Dazzlekid New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey im david need more skills and info.

29. Lee CT NE

Lee CT NE Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone: Retired Registered Nurse and former U.S. Navy Corpsman
    Believe in staying informed and prepared
    Knowledgeable in computers and gold/silver
    Always happy to help and answer questions

30. Lee CT NE

Lee CT NE Expert Member
      176/230

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone: Retired Registered Nurse and former U.S. Navy Corpsman
    Believe in staying informed and prepared
    Knowledgeable in computers and gold/silver
    Always happy to help and answer questions

31. pbnichols

pbnichols New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone, I'm a biologist with experience in alternative farming methods. Looking forward to listening and learning.

32. The slow slinker

The slow slinker New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi, am Gabe I'm 21 I first got into survival camping when I went a backpacking trip with my eagle scout friends. Am also really into horror stories or what the internet calls " creepy pasta"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  33. The slow slinker

The slow slinker New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:

Dude loved that book series when I when i was younger

34. Saileforseen

Saileforseen Member
      11/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey everybody, i am Aaron from SC, i ride allover with my bike, will enjoy stay at your community!

35. Zyphir

Zyphir Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Wassup everyone I'm Zacc and feel as though true freedom comes with being independent from the way food and utilities are currently being distributed. Which brings me to this forum in hopes of sharing ideas that we all may use to become more independent and be able to survive when conventional methods of shopping fail.

36. Rere

Rere New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone, my name is Rere. First time on a survival forum. I've been on many fish tank and saltwater reef forums (hence the name). My wife and I are just getting into the survivalist mode. I've been doing some reading and trying to stock up on weapons and ammo. We live on Long Island in NY. I'm very handy when it comes to rigging things up or being a "Macguyver" Looking forward to learning as much as I can

37. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone, my name is Sino and I'm pretty new to all of the survival skills and what not but I signed up to learn more! I'd like to learn more because I had went on a camping trip last year and I really loved it and so I'd like to be able to go with just a few friends this time because there were about 20 people with us.

38. kat2415

kat2415 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello to everyone. My name is Katrina but everyone calls me Kat. I am from Kentucky and I am a strong believer in getting back to the basics of life. I spent much of my childhood outdoors. Going camping, fishing, hiking, hunting and pretty much anything else associated with being outside. I personally think that in today's world we have gotten away from doing and living just a basic and simple life. Don't get me wrong I am all for modern technology and all it brings to us but I guess have always been pretty simple and find that I am happiest when I don't forget the things that got me to where I am today. I think too many take so much of life for granite they don't think about what may happen if they lost all of what has become so convenient. So my goal is to get back to the basics and I am working on a website to that effect. It should be interesting. My ultimate dream and goal are to be back in the woods in my cabin and just enjoying life. And my husband and I are working toward that goal. I am here to learn from others and maybe add a bit of what I have learned over the years. God bless.

39. BRC814

BRC814 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everyone , I am Bharath and I am from India. I love to learn to new things and this forum has many to go through ,glad to be here .

40. Birla Andrei Marian

Birla Andrei Marian New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello everybody,

My name is Andrew and my little child love mountain and nature. My native place is a small town buried in the mountains, so the mountain walks were the order of the day. I have inherited this passion from my parents, who were lovers of nature.
    Along with this passion, interacting with nature, we have over many wild animals: bears, deer, wolves, etc. Fortunately I did not have unpleasant experiences because the animals are scared by the work of people in the mountains, and most of the time they run away from them.

I would like to see more of these forums on the internet, where we can find information about wildlife areas that we can visit, but also useful tips on how to save us in critical situations.

Regards.

41. mwah

mwah New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello, I'm sixteen years old and really interested in survival skills such as bushcraft. I hope I learn new stuff and be able to provide information for others. I have always hated living in the city and loved to go into the wild and go camping. I love to learn different survival skills and skills that my benefit me in certain cases. The seems to be an interesting forum and I hope it actually is.

42. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKing Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    I was the first to register the name "Priscilla King" in cyberspace. (By now there are over 100.) I've been surviving on an online writer's wages in the Blue Ridge Mountains for over 10 years. (I'm on a few hack writing and writing-assistant sites, same name.)

43. Christy Stephens

Christy Stephens New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi. My name is Christy. I think that survival is a very important topic. I think that this topic is becoming more relevant due to the fact that our country is most likely getting ready to go to war.

44. Christy Stephens

Christy Stephens New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    As I said before, I'm new here. I recently decided to try to make some money working from home doing things such as filling out surveys, posting on blogs and doing affiliate marketing.

45. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKing Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Me too...actually I go online from a cafe ;-)

46. Phylis

Phylis New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi there...newbie to the survival forum

47. Phylis

Phylis New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    me three

PriscillaKing likes this.
  48. Phylis

Phylis New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello...newbie....glad I joined

49. Chad L Calvert

Chad L Calvert New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Hello this is Chad Calvert nickname Chadwick. I've been in scouting for 23 years. I'm an Eagle scout and have over 250 days and nights camping experience. I've lived off an on the grid and have a lot of poverty inner city living experience also.
    I've been mountain climbing and low impact camping. Also I am a Midwest cold and hot camping expert.

50. Jahkobi Martin

Jahkobi Martin New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi Im jah! New to forums in general, but Im glad to have found a survival community cause Im so deeply connected to the breeze of the outdoors.
    I hope to learn some good stuff.
    Peace.