Really? Shoots Man In Shower!

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by jeager, Apr 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/0...er-killing-intruder-in-shower-police-say.html
    So a man comes home and finds a guy taking a shower in his home.
    The homeowner gets a gun and shoots through the shower curtain killing
    the naked man armed only with a bar of soap.
    Betcha the home owner does some serious prison time.
    Darwin again at it's best.
    Why?
    Sometimes I feel an i.q. test should be required for a person buying a gun.
    Or taking a shower.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think my sympathy is with the home owner, I think I would do the same if I found a complete stranger using my shower!!o_O

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Stupid actions on both sides, the intruder was not armed and apparently not a threat so no excuse to shoot as he was caught literally with his pants down!
    Dats MURDER in my book!

Zyphir likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When it hits the fan, squatters will occupy any unoccupied property. "Squatters" plural -- bunches of them. It's already happening not only in cities but in rural regions. I knew one case where seven or eight young people piled into a house whose owner was known to one of the squatters. The place was like an ant hill of comers and goers. Lots of drug use went on in there. As times get crazy, so do the people. It's like a riot -- you've got your core actors/looters/arsonists, however there are far more "hangers-on", those along in case something presents itself for them to steal, alcohol to drink, ... .

5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    at this moment in time squatting in a residential property is illegal in the UK, and they can be legally removed, squatting in a commercial property is not illegal.
    post shtf there will always be at least one person in my property, and all doors will be firmly locked and bolted, windows will be boarded over, and the person inside will be armed.
    however as I live in the middle of the English countryside, not in a big city, this scenario is remote and will be a long time coming, probably never if I know the British psyche and I do.

6. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    If im not home come on in the dog is hungry

7. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

You would be in deep doo-doo if you did.
    Even if you were cleared by the law there would likely be the dreaded law suit.
    I've been sued 4 times AT JURY.
    Good thing the city insurance covered me. My defense lawyer bill was $25,000 bucks for one
    trial. Cost me nothing but fear and frustration.
    That was 26 years ago. Defense would be much more today.
    Try explaining "fear of serious bodily harm or death from a naked man armed with a bar of soap.
    Good luck to you if you act in such a manner in similar circumstances.

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    why was he there in the first place? and how did he get in? if someone I don't know is in my property I am expecting him to do me harm and I will act accordingly, no ifs no buts, i'm no good to anyone if i'm dead.

9. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Your no good to anyone if your in JAIL either.
    Explain to a jury how you feared for your life by a naked man armed with a bar of soap.
    Like I said I've been sued 4 times and was innocent of ANY wrong doing in ANY way.
    Still I got sued AT JURY.
    I was facing time in a FEDERAL prison and if the law suit was found against me criminal
    charges would likely follow.
    People need be careful to not let ego override brains.
    In this case just back out of the house and call the cops.
    Why does that not make sense?
    I can't recall the date and place of this true incident but it went like this.
    A man was jogging and was approached by another man with a barking dog.
    The "other man" was shouting, looked like a mad man, long hair, dirty, dressed poorly, etc.
    The jogger was scared, drew his concealed handgun and plugging the unkempt man to
    death.
    Jogger gets indicted for manslaughter.
    Legal expenses, worry, condemnation by family, friends, society....................

Jogger gets convicted. Jail time, lose job, income, home, family....................

It matters not how much jail time or even if there was any jail time.
    The jogger looses everything he's ever had.
    Then he must live the life of a coward afraid of a homeless mentally ill person.

I guess I've been tempered in the fires of violence.
    I don't panic under stress, am not afraid of my own shadow, or another's shadow!
    I'm the copper who didn't shoot anyone.
    Damned glad of it.

Be careful. Be very careful.
    A true story:
    A man who was fairly well off dealt in rare coins and had a BIG MOUTH.
    He lived in decent residential area with good neighbors but he had a BIG MOUTH.
    He boasted about his income, his coin collection, his expensive toys.
    Two teen aged boy lived nearby and decided to rob the guy of his goodies.
    The kick in the door WITH GUNS.
    The homeowner had his Browning High Power within reach.
    The boys come in SHOOTING and miss.
    The homeowner does not miss.
    He plugs the teens many times but they survived.
    One took a round in the head and is blind forever.
    The boys go to prison.
    The homeowner gets sued to hell and back and this goes on for
    year, and years.
    He wins the suits but goes broke over legal bills.
    In this case it was clear cut self defense but there will always be consequences.
    I'd have shot the punks myself. So would you.

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if a naked man is in my house, a man I do not know, I am going to assume he's there to do me some bodily harm and I will act accordingly TO PROTECT ME and mine from being physically attacked.

11. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    THINK, THINK,THINK.
    If your family is IN the house why is a stranger IN the shower????????????

If no family is in the house then back out and call the cops.
    What is a naked guy going to steal?
    Is the naked man going to hurt you with a bar of soap?

Maybe the naked man has a sub gun up his brown round.

There are EGO. driven responses. EMOTION driven responses. SMART driven responses.
    Take your pick.

Oh! Lonewolf already made the choice.
    People using emotions to drive actions aren't likely to be around in a true shtf world.

Emotion driven people usually aren't successful or effective people in peaceful,
    organized society.
    They tend to make very poor, inaccurate, assessments of situations that arise out of the norm.

While in police work I was in charge of hiring civilian dispatchers the Chief wisely sent
    me to classes on how to interview and determine the best people to keep cool and calm
    under stress.
    Later I got a degree in H.R. and learned much more.

Emotion driven people make lousy employees, neighbors, and survivors.
    Prisons are FULL of emotion driven people.

I understand that I can write sound and sensible suggestions and emotion driven people
    ain't ever gonna "get it"?:rolleyes:

Get it?
    Didn't think so.:)

See with eyes of discernment.

Discernment: the ability to judge well.
    Sound judgments might keep you out of trouble.
    Who in the hell wants to shoot a naked man in shower armed with a bar of soap?
    Sign here: ___________________________________________________________________.

Who, upon finding a naked man armed with a bar of soap, would back away and call the cops?
    Sign here: ___________________________________________________________________.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in my area the nearest manned Police station is 25-30 miles away, on our roads that will take a cop at least half an hour to get here, that's if there is anyone to send, Police numbers have been halved in recent years and most of the rural police stations are now closed.

13. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    You live in the UK.
    Are you permitted to own firearms without a whole lot of hassle?
    Listen: In the UK if you shoot a guy for showering without permission you are in a world
    of hurt and you flippin' know that better than we in the U.S.
    The UK where kitchen knives are regulated.

A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife or a weapon if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.

^^^^

From a UK site on the web.
    The US is the only nation in the world with anything like a second amendment.
    Or a fantastic constitution.
    The rest of the world is unarmed and in deep doo-doo.

But then we in the colonies whipped British Imperialism to gain freedom from racial
    tyranny.
    Yes, racial. We in the colonies were thought inferior to "true blue blood British".
    Good thing we inferior rescued Brits from certain defeat in WWII.
    If we had not joined in the war Brits would be a Nazi nation.

14. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    now your talking bullshit , keep it respectful , if you continue I will delete your posts.
    we had been fighting the Germans for 2 years before your lot decided to get involved and that was only because of Pearl Harbour.
    Hitler never even came close to invading Britain and gave up after "the battle of Britain"..that was 1940, your lot didn't enter the war until 1941.
    I fail to see what that has to do with a naked man in a shower!!:rolleyes::p

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  15. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Finding a naked man in YOUR shower means you have already farked up big time!

No one gets out that far!
    Where was your sentry if it is PA
    ALL YOUR defences have failed if he is discovered in the shower!
    That means the head of household a supposed "ALPHA" male is nothing more than an idiot!
    That idiot will now make an idiots decision that in a PA world he may just get away with but in todays world would get locked up for!

Anyone who expects to survive a post collapse world needs to actually think through there actions
    Water, food, shelter and defence means squat if you are an idiot making idiot decisions!

jeager likes this.
  16. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

Good points all.

17. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    For the fact that he is not harmed but just holding a soap and using the shower makes it bad for him to be killed, so the jail term that he was given was justice, The guy broke into someones house which was bad but the owner should have locked the door and informed law enforcement agency instead of taking law into his hand and performing a jungle justice