Recommendations for Survivial Fiction

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by TJames13, Jun 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. TJames13

TJames13 New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I am an avid reader and I love reading books about apocalyptic events. My interest in survivalism has it's roots in zombie books and movies but recently I have branched out and started reading about other end of world events. My most recent read was the Home series by A. American. I loved the way he mixed entertaining fiction with actual survival themes and real life equipment recommendations. Has anyone else read any books with similar themes that they recommend.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I highly recommend that you read historical accounts of colonial settlement if you want a true insight regarding people & families "Bugging Out". There are many available on the net & on my blog here: http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/memoir-of-robert-witherspoon-1730s.html
    Books such as "Robinson Crusoe" are also worth reading, although a fictional character, the story was based on fact, & it was written in the early 18th century. Also a good book to carry with you.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]

3. NomadWill

NomadWill Expert Member
      240/345

Blog Posts:
  4. woodchipper518

woodchipper518 Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
    Non zombie post apocalyptic/dystopian authors I have enjoyed are: Mark Goodwin, Darrell Mahoney and Bobby Akart. Bobby Akart has a couple of non-fiction books that are extremely educational on Economic Collapse and EMP.