Red Raspberry Leaf

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by SouthernMama, Jun 6, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. SouthernMama

SouthernMama Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Red Raspberry leaf is handy to have around, especially for women. It has many different uses. It has been know to lower blood sugar, so if you are diabetic, you may want to avoid it.

In women, the leaf can made into a tea to treat painful, heavy periods. In pregnant women it can be used to treat morning sickness and can help strengthen the uterus for labor and delivery.
    The preferred method of taking the red raspberry leaf is to brew it into a tea.

It can also be used to treat diarrhea and nausea. And when made into a poultice, it can be used to treat minor skin irritations and also sore gums.

Justin Baker, randyt and Keith H. like this.
  2. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    not only raspberry but tea made from any of the brambles can help with diarrhea. I keep a gallon jar of dries blackberry leaves for such occasions.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for your mention of this herb! It is also very useful during and after pregnancy! My youngest caused some excessive bleeding when she was born (unassisted home-birth) that her mother and I used a raspberry leaf tonic on.

TMT Tactical likes this.