Safe Sex In Post Apocalyptic World

Discussion in 'Safety' started by thePENofGODx0x0xz7, Jun 15, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    We as humans will still have sexual urges.
    Hygiene might be an issue again so to have sex you will need to take extra precautions.
    With the lack of sex products being mass produced how will you keep from catching venereal diseases?

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Same way I do now! Abstain!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Toast

Toast New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Well abstaining is certainly an effective way to make sure you don't have unsafe sex. I think in a survival situation like that, that doesn't mean there isn't any alternatives or just plain condoms still lying around. There's a ton out there now. After they expire, there could be a problem though. There's always the option of only having sex with someone you know to be clean. I'm sure you could try to find some alternatives out there though, like other things made out of rubber. (Gloves for example)

TMT Tactical and Karen Martin like this.
  4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Technically, in a post-apocalyptic world, your main job as a human and a survivor of your kind, would be to propagate and multiply, ensuring newer generations of humans that would rebuild after the apocalypse. So having safe sex isn't going to be a big issue, it's having to procreate and start your own civilization again from scratch, while salvaging what remains of the life before the disaster. Comparing that entire responsibility to just not catching venereal diseases, it seems pretty tame now, huh?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    sex in a post apocalypse world is when you will be at your most vulnerable, anybody could creep up on you when you are "otherwise engaged". security comes before sex.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    When people go raiding stores, pharmacies etc. they probably are looking for more important things than condoms. So some might be left, especially if you hurry up! :p
    Other than that, well the world has gone to shit so do you really care anymore? have some fun while you are still alive. :p

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Quite the racy topic. Well, abstinence would be the primary method. Condoms are small and store easy, but they are susceptible to damage from heat. The female condom is a bit more sturdy, but they are also priced a bit more.

And if humanity really is looking down the barrel of extinction, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to, eh-hem, "get your freak on". It, evidently, worked in the past with near extinction events. ;)

P.S. I couldn't help but think of Dr. Strangelove's monologue about reproduction after the end.

CountryGuy and Mekada like this.
  8. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Wow this is really something I never thought about. I think that people will definitely have to change there sexual habits. I don't believe in having sex outside of wedlock so I would only have one partner, If I know this person has no STD's then I'd have nothing to worry about. But I think you'd have to be very careful about who you have sex with.

9. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Though there might be a number of people that will be having unsafe sex and going through the heavy consequences of either contracting diseases or even having to give birth to unwanted children.

The second can be just as bad as the first. You will have an extra mouth to feed and in a post apocalyptic world you will have to protect that child with your life.

This can be a major set back, especially if you find yourself traveling to different locations.

10. Verity

Verity New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I assume people will raid some of the stores for some of these items needed for safe sex. However, we live in a world now that do not practice safe sex and do not care about diseases or children. So I think it will be a lot worse disease and children wise which would be sad. But not just STD's you can also get other infections from having sex with nasty genitals which will also be an issue. Maybe don't have random sex with other survivors? Choose one you trust and that will minimize it and there are other ways of having sex without getting pregnant.

11. ToTang45

ToTang45 Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    The female condom will however also damage in heat, which unless you actively refrigerate (which may be hard when the SHTF) you will not be abel to avoid this issue.
    They are also more susceptible to tearing after their expiry date, which is there for a reason.

Yes, Condoms definitely have a best before.
    So at some point after STHF, we will be condomless.
    Food for thought indeed.

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    chances are the survival rate will be so low you'll be lucky if you SEE another survivor much less have sex with them.
    sounds all a bit "wishful thinking" to me.
    you'll be too busy keeping your head down never mind your "end up".
    besides, have you lot never heard of a "honey trap"? whilst your fumbling trying to get your kit off, their accomplice sneaks up behind you and whacks you over the head with a length of 2X4!!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Coputere likes this.
  13. Nedbushcrafter

Nedbushcrafter Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    In a post nuclear world with your hair falling out your coughing your lungs up in lumps and your radiation sickness is in Ernest sex would be the last thing on your mind

lonewolf likes this.
  14. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I think this thread is quite interesting. I have never thought about this before.
    If I think about it I would not feel like wanting to have sex post-apocalypse.
    Maybe out of fear that I could catch a disease or just the whole atmosphere would just not be romantic enough, I guess lol.
    Besides, I am a very faithful person and even if my husband were not alive anymore (which I hope will not happen!)
    I would still not be interested in other men in that way.

15. My3Sons_NJ

My3Sons_NJ New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    In a post-apocalyptic world, STDs and other diseases would be ranking low on my list of things to worry about after starvation, anarchy and radiation/fallout so if I have the chance to have several minutes of pleasure while attempting to repopulate the human species .. well, then I'll just have to be a good soldier and do my duty.

16. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    Perhaps, but there are ways to avoid radiation poisoning. Being adequately sheltered and taking the proper precautions before an atomic attack can mitigate the risk considerably. A great book on the topic is Life After Doomsday, by Dr. Bruce Clayton. Another is Nuclear War Survival Skills, by Cresson Kearny. Both are freely available on the web or for next to nothing in print.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    men might have sex on their minds post event but I bet you'll find its the last thing on the ladies minds.

18. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Many parts of our country is susceptible to flooding that's why there are evacuation centers in most provinces that are affected. Based on a report by the department of social welfare, statistics of pregnancy always rise when there is a calamity - the residents of the flooded areas stays in the evacuation center sometimes for more than 5 days. Since food and accommodation are free, maybe that gives them the appetite for sex. And to prove that point, I had posted in another thread that there were cases of rape in the evacuation centers.

With safe sex for couples, the department of social welfare that handles the evacuation center is always ready with medicines and other medical needs including condoms. So there, that covers everything. But I cannot say the same for a doomsday scenario since majority of the people will be preoccupied with survival so probably sex will be in the lowest rung of priority.

19. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    Curious statement. And out of curiosity, why do you make this assertion? What, psychologically speaking, would make a woman less apt to have the procreative biological urges in such an environment?

20. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    As always the best way to practice safe sex is having no sex and that way you don't have to worry about the sexual transmitted diseases or the pregnancies and having the urges are just a mind thing so just stay busy until the end of the day and then poop out and start the next day all over again!

21. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Females will in most part not want sex but males in the most part will want sex!
    Any female found anywhere not sufficiently protected will have sex wether she wants it or not!
    She will have no say in who has sex with her or how many!
    Her only choice will be to fight or not!
    To fight in most probability will cost her her life if she fails!
    Compliance will in most cases preserve her life and reduce any injuries!
    But caught without enough protection and there will be sex!

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    because she would be too frightened by the events post SHTF to relax enough to enjoy sex.

23. Lisa

Lisa Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I really don't think that post event all men are suddenly going to become mindless rapists.

Why would a woman be more afraid than a man?

Radar likes this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    well I grant you some women might not be, but I was brought up to protect the female of the species.

25. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    I really don't think that post event all men are suddenly going to become mindless rapists.

No not all of them!
    But you only need to meet one while not protected!

Currently most crime rape included is kept at bay because of the law and its enforcement. That will change!
    If you look all through history the facts are the facts and I do not see it changing!

26. CivilDefense

235/345

Blog Posts:
    Possibly. However, there have been documented cases of a time of great stress and upheaval actually increasing birth rates. Such an example would be during the Axis occupation of Paris. A book published by historian Patrick Buisson covers the social dynamic behind that.

Mekada likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think post SHTF sex will be the last thing on your mind, getting enough food will be number 1.

28. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Choose the right partner if you have not done so already, & DON"T play around!!! Another issue which to me is just as important: Should you risk having children? And if not, how are you going to ensure that does not happen? Should male partners that are able to do so have their tubes cut & tied after they have had children pre shtf ?
    Keith.

Radar likes this.
  29. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    NO NO and HELL NO!

If there is a major population crash like 90%
    The "LAST" thing the species needs is a secondary crash in numbers!

Nature will have its way and should have its way! females who can get pregnant will again and again get pregnant!
    A females unique speciality is reproduction, not her brains or her strength or any other ability!
    If that speciality is not utilised then she is just an inferior human and of little value to the species!

Mekada likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    population numbers will be controlled by the amount of food available, the population will increase in the good years and collapse in the bad years.
    infant mortality will also increase, so not all will survive until adulthood.

31. Nedbushcrafter

Nedbushcrafter Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Like I said before sex will be the last thing on your mind clean food and non irradiated water will be a priority over sex you also forget most women post shtf will no doubt carry a weapon gun rife etc so I think rape would not be a good
    idea strange how some of you men " I use the term loosely" think women will not have any
    Other roll to play except bearing children I disagree on that 110% if you look at most aboriginal tribes foraging for food is classed as women's work men hunt ! In a post shtf I think if you have a partner this will apply as it seems the most logical way of working women will have a very important roll to play in a post shtf world and not just child bearing !
    Some of you here look at a post shtf world as easy living let me assure you ITS NOT GONNA BE its gonna be slog hard work and a lot of blood sweat and tears so safe sex is not a priority or an option !

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Radar and lonewolf like this.
  32. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Ned
    I do not know what planet you live on but on this planet all wars/conflicts have rape etc as a side effect!
    What makes you think the next one will be different?

Ask yourself what is the lesser of these two evils! Raped and left or Raped and killed?

33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in a post SHTF world the numbers will be so low that we'll be lucky to even see another person much less have sex with them.
    some males have sex on the brain, I have survival on mine.
    like Ned says, if you look at some of the old tribal ways, the women did the foraging and the growing of plants and the men did the hunting.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Radar likes this.
  34. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not so sure... Entrapment might be a survival mechanism for the modern female who has nothing else to offer...

35. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    Hahaha! It is kind of funny but true. It reminds me of that Monty python song 'every sperm is sacred'

36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think sex will be the last thing on our minds post event, we'll all be too busy putting food on the table.

37. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    It maybe the last thing on your mind but it will be first in the mind of all the horny young blokes out there!
    One I know simply stated "Food! who cares if I am going to die I will get as many fucks in as possible first!"
    and that is a common theme!

38. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Rofl. A lot of mixed feelings I see. I guess it really depends in my opinion. But I agree though, putting food on the table and making sure that you are finally secured an in peace is the best thing to do rather than to think about worrying how to have safe sex. Lol. If the shelter or the place is stable, and you have a good source of food and water, you can have as many safe sex as you want. Just make sure that you are both able to make one. :D

39. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    Sex is like alcohol. In good times people drink. In bad times people drink. Sex happens when times are good & bad. I have no doubt it will continue when SHTF. How safe that sex will be is in question.

Ystranc likes this.
  40. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    ROTFLMAO After the collapse people are going to be making love like a bunch of sex starved bunnies!!! This is just the nature of the beast. When times are violent and emotions are running high it is a survival instinct to do the "deed" as much as possible. Men going to war want to leave some part of themselves behind just in case and the ladies are all for it.

When you eliminate the power and there is no TV, no Radio and no computers to play with and you are going to bed when it gets dark so you don't waste the batteries or candles...well if you are with your lady you will naturally turn to the comforts of love and affection...or just fun. Also when you go to bed that early you wake up and it is still dark...what else do you have to do? This is exactly how my Great grandparents ended up with 17 kids!

People don't stop having sex when times are tough. On the contrary it becomes even more importer. Without birth control survival of the fittest for males will once again mean how well you can protect and feed your family rather than just exactly how many women you can knock up. For women it will again mean that you will be looking at men for more than just a short term roll in the hay. Once again survival will mean good men and smart women and not just who can or will have as many kids as possible with little or no concern about their futures. For the human species TEOTWAWKI may be the only thing that saves it.

TMT Tactical and GS AutoTech like this.
  41. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    If only life was so simple, I get propositions from ladies of a certain age on a fairly regular basis, I'm sure it's to do with having the dogs, they seem to be babe magnets.

42. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    We are hard wired for sex, men & women. Typically wired for sex in different ways but wired all the same. Stress relief I feel is a common thread. Nothing like blowing off stream after a hard day of survival. Lol.
    Priorities ( for sex ) change with the situation. Today one may be attracted to a partner with a great job, nice car or house, phat stacks of cash. When SHTF, the one who is surviving, has or can provide resources, shelter & the strength or wits to fend off ruffians will become a super stud. ;)

43. I.survive

I.survive Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Love this topic. I hope to have sex post shtf lol.
    Washed out animal intestines mite work. Or a sock ;)

Still a good point though. hygiene will be a problem for some. It’s well worth getting use to washing outdoors and finding the right plants to remain hygienic. Possibly learn how to make soap. Prior to the shtf. Sex would be hard to have (sorry pun not intended lol) without catching something especially with a stranger ;) it’s peeked my interest! Not something I have taken into consideration. I will now;):) I shal practice as much as I can in preparation :D

Ystranc likes this.
  44. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you have a steady partner then you have no health problems. You will probably not want a female partner to get pregnant though, this could endanger her!
    Keith.

45. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Er, without a few pregnancies we'll be completely wasting our time trying to survive. Women have been pushing out sprogs since the year dot, why stop just when they're needed most?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  46. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    What if there are complications? What if it requires a cesarean? Also it depends on your living conditions & whether or not you have medical staff on hand. I wouldn't be risking my wife's life.
    Keith.

47. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Women aren't made out of china you know Keith, there is no reason why healthy young women shouldn't try to have children if they want them. That whole biological imperative to have kids is going to kick in for most young women at some point whether they do something about it or not. it's not for me to decide.

48. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    This is not a new phenomenon....Keith. This goes way back into antiquity...even before recorded history.....for four legged animals as well as two legged.

Many many years ago ....in Iceland when the volcano erupted down south of our NATO base at Keflavik...one of the things the Air Force did was to send our Helicopters...HH 3's down to the Island and begin evacuating the sheep.

The Helicopter was so noisy and the sheep so frightened that those sheep who could were screwing from the front to the back of the Helo.
    By the noise and the ride...the sheep must have thought the world was ending.
    It was a mess trying to get the Helo's cleaned out..

Get the Point???!!

People do strange things in the quest for a bit of normalcy.

Another facet I learned about women....by dating numerous older woman...in my younger years.

And that is ...Just because a woman does not hunt and gather as does a man...does not mean she is not hunting and gathering.

Do not ever think as a man that you are the Hunter Gatherer....good times or bad.

My .02,

Watcherchris

49. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "safe sex" In this day and age, isn't that an oxymoron?!

HPV, human papillomavirus: There is appearing a plague of oral and neck cancers. Why? HPV.

Cervical cancer cases going through the roof? Yep. And the culprit ... HPV. Physicians consider cervical cancer to be a venereal disease.

"But, oral sex isn't really sex, is it?!" Yea, sure. Jr. Highschoolers are now expected to give and receive oral sex by their peers. I have an in-law who retired out of the public school system -- the stories he has about Jr. High kids!

HPV vaccine ... gosh, this vaccine covers maybe 50% of these viruses that are mutagenic. HPV will always out-evolve any vaccine. Use of prophylactics?

"If used correctly, condoms can help reduce the risk of genital HPV. However condoms don't provide 100% protection against HPV as it is transmitted through genital skin contact not just sexual intercourse. It is important to remember that condoms also provide protection against other sexually transmitted diseases." http://www.hpv.com.au/can-hpv-be-prevented.aspx

Safe partner for a kid? Only the unkissed. And I do mean this literally.

50. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:

I have been approached by two women in my life...who wanted to have children by me. They did not want to marry me...they just chose me as a vessel to father their children.

I can only think that they noticed a desirable trait in me and wanted to extend it along to children they wanted to raise.

I did not take them up on it...but remember the request for how unusual it was.

As I stated.....just because a woman does not hunt and gathers as does a man....does not mean she is not hunting and gathering.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris.