Scenario 1

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Keith H., Apr 23, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is the weekend, you wake up to no electricity & the whining of sirens, police & fire. Those with lap tops & or mobile phones check the news, but all you get is the same news, no electricity. There is a media black out. You phone up the local council/shire & you are told that work is in progress by the power supplier. 24 hours later there is still no power.
    What do you do?

Please feel free to make new posts on new scenarios.
    Keith.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    dig out the wind up radio.

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Do a few basic checks for yourself and inform yourself!

4. OfficerOtto

OfficerOtto Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    My dog and my wife, with her gun and my backup AR, are secured in the house. The emergency supplies are double checked and the downstairs bathtub is filled with water (we have a bladder for this). Door props (anti-intrusion bars) are placed everywhere except the back door onto the deck.

I'm in uniform and in my car reporting for duty with my go bag and other emergency equipment.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    the whining of sirens, police & fire. It is not an EMP!
    Those with lap tops & or mobile phones check the news, but all you get is the same news THIS IS GOOD NEWS as the network is working and not overloaded!
    You phone up the local council/shire & you are told that work is in progress by the power supplier MORE GOOD NEWS you got through and the office is still functioning!
    24 hours later there is still no power. this still is not the Apocalypse!

What do you do? carry on as normal after starting the genny!

The only odd thing is the council answering the phone on a weekend!

6. LilSoldierGirl

LilSoldierGirl Expert Member
      173/230

Blog Posts:
    The power supply problem must be local because the council switchboard needs power. No problem, carry on as normal. Electricity generally isnt a pre-requisite for life, some of the places I've served have never had elcetricity and get by.

lonewolf and Keith H. like this.
  7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I did not know that, I live off grid. However, if you are used to having electricity day & night, & live in the city, then suddenly going without it would I think have quite an impact.
    Keith.

8. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Police and fire here would be a fire plane crash or accident i wouldnt be aware of power outage as im offgrid 100% so unless they came to my place for help life would be normal here

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    electricity may not be a requisite for life, but as 80% of the population of my country now live in cities, it would have a serious impact on their everyday life, to say the least.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  10. woodchipper518

woodchipper518 Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm going to get in touch with the world my HAM radio. Depending upon what I hear there, I will likely get out my water bladders and start filling them before the water pressure is depleted. Then figure out my next move. If I'm bugging in, I'm going to start working on my home defense preps. And talk with the neighbors to see what frame of mind they are in all the while threat assessing them. If I'm bugging out, I'm ready to go in an hour.

11. woodchipper518

woodchipper518 Expert Member
      128/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm going to get in touch with the world my HAM radio. Depending upon what I hear there, I will likely get out my water bladders and start filling them before the water pressure is depleted. Then figure out my next move. If I'm bugging in, I'm going to start working on my home defense preps. And talk with the neighbors to see what frame of mind they are in all the while threat assessing them. If I'm bugging out, I'm ready to go in an hour.

12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    We used to have TVA power (Tennessee Valley Authority). Our power went out all the time. We're accustomed to using kerosene lamps, candles, and wood fires. Have the crank radio (charges batteries) for news. Worst comes to worst, we fire-up the generator. Sometimes the power only went out for 3 or so days; went out for a week+ one time. One sees their neighbor's chimneys billowing smoke. We bring in the dogs to add heat to whichever room we're in. Neighbors meet at their fences and share goods and stories -- if it's not dangerous freezing outside. In the Midwest it was a bit more of a challenge (wind chill factors below -20 F). We've never considered electrical feed to be a sure thing. My kin were Hillbillies and they saw electricity as "a new fangled thing".