Semi Auto Rifles Down Under

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Doubletap45, Jul 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I know that semi auto rifles and if I have been told correctly, even regular rifles have been banned since the Government buy back.
    Just an estimate, how many do you think have chose to ignore the ban and squirrel rifles and ammo away.

I know such a ban would not be honored by many in the U.S. With millions and millions of weapons in the States, no way would they ever get any large percentage of them.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Lets see now out of 24million people there are 750,000 licence holders, they average three long guns each and slightly less than 100rds per gun!
    The vast majority are bolt actions, about 10% are lever actions and less than one percent semi autos!
    There are an estimated 200,000 semi autos not accounted for, many were sent overseas to the pacific islands and many buried!

As to pistols, there are approx. 20,000 licence holders and an average of two pistols each, most are competition type .22lrs or 38/357 revolvers
    the rest are semi-autos in 9mm or similar. There is a .38 calibre restriction on pistols with a few exceptions to go over that for a few specific matchs!
    There are no carry permits for the general public but cash or jewel couriers can sometimes get a permit!

Very few crims have guns, though some druggies and bikies have access when needed!
    Drug busts commonly recover stolen firearms with .22lr and 12g o/u or s/s the usual type with the occasional handgun or semi-auto recovered!

Although firearms are restricted in Australia they are rarely needed for defence either! most victims are druggies/crims themselves!
    A few domestic related firearm events and the rare crim on citizen times!
    Even most armed robberies here are committed with replica/fake/non firing guns!

That's about it!

3. HappyJackSlade

HappyJackSlade Well-Known Member
      90/115

Blog Posts:
    Semi Auto weapon are permitted under a certain licence like Collector and I think one or two others as my friend had these under his special permit. He also had pump action shotguns on this licence

4. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    Screenshot_2016-10-27-14-12-28.png Get rid of those idiotic politicians and maybe you can have some of your rights restored....

5. HappyJackSlade

90/115

Blog Posts:
    Mate you can't even carry a can of deodorant . My ex wife was busted for carrying a can in her bag. Cop said you know you're not allowed to carry this in your purse. My wife said I just keep it because I like to smell clean. Cop said its ok I understand if you use it for self defence. My ex said I'm glad you understand. Cop giggled and said understand what. My ex being a good trusting person says for self defence. Then he gives her a fine for carrying a concealed weapon, mother F#%k#r

Mekada likes this.
  6. Mekada

Mekada Master Survivalist
      270/345

Blog Posts:
    What a dick move... Asshole. I have been reading on a different thread the challenges you guys face and they are daunting... Time for some improvised weaponry then.

HappyJackSlade likes this.
  7. HappyJackSlade

90/115

Blog Posts:
    I have my 303 tucked away for rainy days.

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am thinking about a sword for my truck. I now have one of those cold steel shovels (Ain't they great?) a handgun and a shotgun in the front with me. Starting September first all the knife laws went out the door. I'm thinking that a Claymore on the gun rack might be fun.

9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:

10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I really feel for you folks. To me having my guns taken is virtually the same thing as telling me that I am no longer a free man. It is the first step towards slavery. Honestly, they will get my guns when they pry my cold dead finger off the trigger. In general that is the attitude in Texas. The good news is that if we make a stand, just like it was when Texas broke away from Mexico, the good from all over the country will come to our side and fight with us.