Show Us The Angling Tackle You Carry With You.

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Keith H., Jul 12, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Do you carry any angling tackle with you on treks? Is this tackle a permanent part of your survival equipment? Show us what you carry.

[​IMG]
    I carry two linen hand lines with spare hand forged fish hooks of various sizes & sinew & brass leaders in a brass container. This tackle I carry in my belt pouch at all times.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I carry monofilament line only (20lb) the rest can be improvised!

3. James98

James98 Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    When I go fishing all I use are jigs and live bait they are very successful in my area. bait can be anything from worms you dig up to part of a fish that you already caught. due to the amount of fish in the area I would bring a full rod and reel with a few jigs.
    I have heard of fishing yoyo's but have never seen or used one as they are you are not allowed to fish with them in my area. not a problem for WROL though. has anyone else used them? do they work?

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I carry a small package filled with assorted hooks, weights, snap swivels, a couple of flys, jigs and tiny plastic lures ,and some little eye screws for making better fishing poles. I then wrap it with 6lb mono, 10lb mono, 20lb mono and 50 lb braid and top it off with paracord. . I can whittle a float if I need one. This is about half the size of a deck of cards or even if I pass on the paracord but the paracord can be a stringer and that is nice to have.

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Holy crap, look what this Florida fisherman dragged in! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

"Texas fisherman reels in massive alligator snapping turtle: 'Everything went crazy'"

"Justin Broomhall estimates the alligator snapping turtle weighed between 150 and 160 pounds and was over 100 years old"

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/texas-fisherman-reels-massive-alligator-snapping-turtle

upload_2022-7-1_14-18-12.png

"Justin Broomhall, 25, of Longview, Texas, was fishing for catfish at Lake Cherokee that Sunday evening, around 7:30 p.m., with his 3-year-old son Lakestine, his dad Michael Broomhall, Sr., and his fiancé’s dad, James Elliott.

"The snapping turtle took hold of the bait almost immediately and Broomhall said he and his dad fought it for 15 to 20 minutes before reeling it close enough to shore to see what it was.

"When Broomhall realized he had caught an alligator snapping turtle – which is a threatened species, according to the Texas Parks and Wildlife – he knew he had to let it go.

"'I went to reach down in the water to grab him behind his head on his shell and the line broke,' Broomhall said.

"Even though the turtle was no longer on his line, Broomhall still wanted to remove the hook from its mouth, which could give the turtle an infection, he said.

"To make sure he got the turtle on shore, Broomhall stepped into the water and grabbed the turtle’s leg and tail – while his dad grabbed the belt loop on his pants.

"'He pulled me back up to land, and I pulled the turtle up there and that’s when we realized how big he really was and how old he really was,' Broomhall said.

"Broomhall estimates the alligator snapping turtle weighed between 150 and 160 pounds and could have been 100 years old, if not older."

"The massive reptile also had lots of scars, Broomhall said.

"'It looked like an alligator tried to take a chunk out of his tail,' he said. 'He was already missing a couple of little fingers.'"

upload_2022-7-1_14-14-49.png This thing could have turned this young man's hand into hamburger. Even small ones will put the hurt on you / draw blood / bite down into the muscles of your hand and arm. As a kid, I was told to stay away from them.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=huge+snapping+turtle&t=newext&atb=v320-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

upload_2022-7-1_14-25-11.png

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.