SHTF-what does this mean to you??

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by lonewolf, Apr 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm not sure there are any "sensible" people left in Britain anymore( outside of prepping circles), people have a modern life and when something happens outside the norm they just panic, oh yes and complain "why isn't the govt doing something?" its always someone else's fault/job isn't it?

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    True, same here, same everywhere I guess. A lot of heads buried in the sand. Also a lot of "It won't happen to us", & "Those sorts of things only happen to people who ask for it".
    Coupled with "This is a good neighborhood & we have good neighbours that will help us out", & as you say, "Not our problem, the government will handle it". They live in a world of their own, & I guess to date they have been very lucky & not experienced anything "Nasty in the woodshed". Yes, if it all comes down I would not want to be in a city. Total bloody chaos.
    Keith.

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    like I have said before, people in Britain are on average 4 generations removed from the land, they have lost the skills and more importantly the knowledge that were common not that long ago before the advent of the supermarket, mobile phone and computer, and anyone who preps on is looked on as a little odd and definitely "paranoid", I have been called such even on some so called prepper forums. most people wont realise the brown sticky stuff has hit the rotating blades until long after the fact, when its too late to do anything.
    Most British people will wait for someone to come riding over the hill like Custer and the 7th Cavalry and it will take them a long time- too long- to realise no help is coming, by the time they realise it will be too late- far too late- for them.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    I agree that we will have to take challenges as they come, however, if you take some basic precautions, set aside supplies and gear and learn some basic techniques, you vastly increase the options that would be available to you and those with you should "the worst happen".

Keith H. likes this.