Solid Garbage Using It To Advantage

Discussion in 'Efficient Living' started by iamawriter, May 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    Every property collects solid garbage that is difficult to dispose of. I have used such garbage to advantage. I used it as filler material for garden artifacts such as the foundation for our waterfall and a garden seat.

A box of bricks is built and the space within is filled with all the solid garbage such as broken glass, stones, even plastics. This is fortified with cement and this works as foundation.

vlcsnap-2014-11-06-11h49m17s188.png Here is a garden seat that rests on a foundation that has all the solid garbage collected from our property

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    This is a good idea for us because our backyard has so many solid waste like broken glass and different sizes of stones that hamper the growth of our plants. What a coincidence that we have half a sack of leftover cement that we can use to make a bench or something. I am excited of this project.

iamawriter likes this.
  3. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    You can use that rubble as filler material for the foundation and then design your garden bench. Good Luck with your effort. Would love to see a photo of your efforts.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Empty cans have many uses cup cook kit stove stove pipe candle holder the most common.Cut and shaped they make great little iteams for construction of a shelter bent to a 90° angle ad nailed to our wood you quickly can frame a shelter tha giing to be strongr and more strudy than lashed together wood plus it leaves cordage fo other uses comman sense tells you not to destroy anything. A cracked plastic bottle becomes a cutting board easy to clean and carry or a window in your shelter THINK WHAT CAN I USE THIS AS OH ONE MORE. Those plastic bags you get at the store easy to cary quite a few of packed with dirt right act like sand bags

iamawriter likes this.
  5. iamawriter

88/115

Blog Posts:
    As long as there is work involved to convert solid waste, honestly there willl be very takers. There would either be no talent or no time.
    Just using it for filling to my mind seems the best option. But if someone can convert it to items you have mentioned, nothing like it

6. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    In my region, some people forage for valuable items in garbage sites like pig leftovers and reusable items. Some materials like plastic cans are reused as containers for storing water and paraffin. I usually collect these and any items that may be used as decorations.