Surviving in the Wilderness!

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by Karen Martin, Jun 28, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    While surviving in the wilderness would you rather survive alone or with your family? Explain why!

2. Karen Martin

Karen Martin New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    While surviving in the wilderness I would rather be with my family than to survive alone, because if they wasn't their I would worry every minute of the hour for the safeness and by being in the wilderness with no communication devices I would rather have my family by my side! A family that prays together; stays together!

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    alone, only myself to worry about.
    persons on their own need to gather less food and water than a group, make less tracks and noise than a group, and can stay hidden far easier than a group.
    if the survival rate is as low as is expected, many people will find themselves alone, not through bad planning but by sheer bad luck, so they will have to be able to do things for themselves or fail in the attempt.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Prairie Dog likes this.
  4. neoKit

neoKit New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I won't like my family to get through all such troubles that I can go through while in the wilderness. It will be difficult for kids or pregnant women to survive there. I will rather suffer alone than spending time at the wilderness with my family. I will also spend less money while I am alone than when I will be with my family.

5. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Of course, I would like to survive with my family in the wilderness. Loneliness decreases longevity and this is a well researched medical fact though it increases a person's mental toughness. I would only prefer loneliness for religious seasons like when I am fasting so as not to be tempted by food which is the direct result of roping family members along. With modern communication gadgets going strong, one can cope better in the wild alone by exchanging files and correspondence with family members of how one is faring in the wild.

6. James Simpson

James Simpson New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Haha! My family makes me WANT to Run into the woods already! Hopefully if something devastating happened I'd grab my 'zombie/go bag' the SUPER hot girl from the 6t floor and high-tail to a family friends island cottage. Its already got solar and wind power. Separate water and pretty much everything I could think of to get me and my smoking hot new girlfriend started on our new life together ! Lol

7. Sonoran j

Sonoran j New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I would travel alone for the simple reason im trained to be self sufficient im ready for what life brings at me i love my family but my wife has fibromyalgia she could not do it

8. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    I would choose family. The strength and determination it would give me would make me stronger. Yes, food, shelter, water and many more things would be increased. So would my instincts to keep doing what ever was necessary to protect and provide for them.
    PD

9. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I would choose neither! If I am alone then that's how it will be! If I am in company then that is how it will be!
    My preferences mean little in survival I will adapt.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  10. Prairie Dog

Prairie Dog Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Very good mentality to foster my friend. If a group is present, strong and working together, why would you go it alone. If they are doing stupid things, bail. Open mind, open options and focused on the goal, stay alive.
    Prairie Dog

11. Patrick Gilbert

Patrick Gilbert New Member
      4/25

Blog Posts:
    My family is way better at hunting and overall survival than me so if I want to survive then with my family is the smarter choice. They are just annoying so I'm not sure if I really want to be in the woods with them. They are nice people so it wouldn't be too bad.

12. Rere

Rere New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Haha! My family makesme WANT to Run into the woods already! Hopefully if something devastating happened I'd grab my 'zombie/go bag' the SUPER hot girl from the 6t floor and high-tail to a family friends island cottage. Its already got solar and wind power. Separate water and pretty much everything I could think of to get me and my smoking hot new girlfriend started on our new life together ! Lol

13. Jack Frost

Jack Frost New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    It is obviously advantageous to have people with you in any survival situation. In a worst case scenario, you might at least have a free meal walking around. lol

But, in all seriousness, more people means more options. You could always ditch them if they turn into zombies or become a burden.

14. Dontavian W Hill

Dontavian W Hill New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    That's a really tough question to ask.
    On one hand you have to think about the safety and well-being of your family.
    About the other hand there is safety in numbers and your family depending on who you have with you could be an asset instead of a detriment to your survival.
    I guess in the end it depends on if you have confidence in your ability and willpower to survive.

15. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Well I would say with family. With people that I love and can also help each other find a way to survive now if it was the possibility of family members not making it out alive then I'd rather be in the wilderness alone.

16. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    With family of course.

17. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I cannot imagine myself being in the wilderness alone. But I am not discounting the fact that it can happen to me especially that I am a traveler and quite adventurous. With my family, I don't think I would feel scared when we get lost in the woods becaues, as they say, two heads are better than one. Aside from the ideas of everyone, there's also the camaraderie that can be cultivated to erase the budding fear in our minds especially if there are children with us. And if ever we find a food source, I'm sure the atmosphere will be very positive. But in this modern age, it's hard to think that you would get lost in the woods because of the navigational tools in our cellphone.