Surviving o electric shock

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by remnant, Jul 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I remember getting my first electric shock when I was in secondary school. Most people are familiar with precautions to observe in order to survive an electric shock. Sometimes a faulty appliance will catch you offguard. What should be your first steps to survive an electric shock?

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    By your own, you can't do much. The electric shock will leave you instantly paralized and hope the current flowing through your body is not high enough to stop your heart or burn you into crispy pieces. If you are receiving a shock and someone notices it, He/She must act fast and tackle you away from the source. A friendly neighbour saved a kid like that, he was getting an electric shock after touching an incidentally energized metal bar during a rainy day. He soon realized the situation after looking at the kid shaking and knocked him down immediately.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Not sure I understand the question, you either survive or you don't. I was electrocuted as a youngster using my Father's electric drill in my lunch break. The drill had got wet. In thrashing around on the garage floor the drill came out of my grasp. When I came round my Mother sent me back to school.
    Keith.

4. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    There are several types of electric shock and several types of injury!
    A small shock will just scare the bejesus out of you!
    A medium type shock might burn you at the entry and exit points and set your heartbeat off kilter (Fibrillation), this type needs the heart to be stopped and then restarted
    A major shock will give extensive burns and just stop your heart dead, CPR can work well here to restart heart if done soon! burns may be extensive!

A really huge shock will fry most every cell in the victims body no coming back from that!

The voltage is not the important bit in an electric shock it is the amperage 30ma AC will send the heart into dangerous Fibrillation! OVER 500ma
    and most hearts just stop!

5. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Electrocution, once it hit you big could sometimes cause death in an instant. There are just those instances when the shock isn't as strong as could be and chances of survival are high. I also experienced sort of an electric shot when I was still a very curious kid. I was maybe 3 or 4 years of age at that time when I was mildly electrocuted as I was playing and curiously inserted a hairpin inside an electric socket. Good thing my mom saw me just in time before it got serious. I guess one thing we should take note when it comes to this is the value of precaution and prevention. As much as possible, it's best to avoid any possibilities of being electrocuted by exerting extra precaution because we'll never know if we would be able to survive the extent of shock we receive once we encounter one.

6. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Relaxing is the first thing you need to do in electric shock situation. I believe your heart beats too fast when you get shocked. So, make sure you calm your self down.