Tactical Pens

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by westcoastcanuck, Oct 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. westcoastcanuck

westcoastcanuck Well-Known Member
      70/115

Blog Posts:
    Tactical pens seem to be very popular what with the many brands available from the affordable to expensive. Anyone here carry one? Your thoughts of their usefulness or just an expensive pen to write home with?

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    A pen that is a weapon!
    Shows intent! illegal here in Aus

Ystranc likes this.
  3. westcoastcanuck

70/115

Blog Posts:
    Not here in Canada, its just a pen. Can pass through airport security. So in Australia they consider them a weapon? Really?

4. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Here in Australia anything carried as a weapon is a weapon and shows intent
    A sharpened feather and carried is a weapon! unless you have a pot of ink amd a blotter with it!
    And that is part of the stupid laws we have here!

5. SSG Nasty

SSG Nasty Well-Known Member
      75/115

Blog Posts:
    I like them - I get mine for just the shipping charges, which is usually around 4 to 6 dollars.

6. westcoastcanuck

70/115

Blog Posts:
    Get the tactical pen but carry a small notebook with it, lol!

7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    That is a fail !

Friend who thought he was cool and smarter than the cops carried one in his top pocket just like a real one!
    traffic stop and cop recognised it as one of those special pens, it was ceased and he was charged, he also had his home raided and firearms ceased
    plus lots of knives etc!

Charges were eventually dropped but he had a hard time getting his stuff back, taking the best part of 9 months!

Damn smart move that was !:(

8. Big K

Big K New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I have two tactical pens.Both were inexpensive and i carry one every day.First they both are good writing instruments. Next they can both be used as a last resort weapon and are capable of inflicting nasty damage.

9. James98

James98 Well-Known Member
      80/115

Blog Posts:
    just an expensive pen to write with.
    with so many objects around you that could be used as an improvised weapon if needed, this is just a more expensive slightly more durable pen.
    a cheap bic pen if used the right way could cause a lot of damage
    they are marketed this so that they are worth more and the tactical pen companies can make better margins on them

10. abbykingsley26

abbykingsley26 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi. I've read a lot of article about tactical pens and decided that it's must-have thing for self-defense. Especially if you are young women.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    A lot of tactical pens actually cover more than one thing. I have seen them that are flashlights, glass breaker, a knife blade, pen and defensive weapon all in one. It is a multitool. Men carry all sorts of multi tools and pocket toys. I think it would be handy for a lot of things.

For a lady I see them as a plus over improvised weapons because you can have it ready before something happens. For example if you are going to your car in a big parking lot or parking garage at night you could have it in your hand and if someone grabbed you you could act immediately. You could do the same with a lot of things but the pen is rather easy and doesn't weigh anything or make you look paranoid.

12. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't own one, carrying a purpose built concealed weapon shows premeditation of a violent act meaning that any legal argument that I'd used it in self defence would get thrown out in any UK courtroom. I don't need a tactical pen when stabbing someone with a plastic biro will do much the same thing and it is unquestionably legal to carry one.

13. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Abby, in what country is it that you live? I've never heard of tactical pens until I saw this thread.

Disobey the law. Carry a knife.

Non valid governments should be overthrown. Bad government officials should be beaten down by stout young men. Put the control freaks in wheel chairs.

OK, in your country let's say some semi-human attacks you and you put an ice pick in his femoral artery. He bleeds out. Do you go to jail for wasting an inferior? Could a jury free you if they side with you? How many years penitentiary have good people gotten in your country.

This is upsetting to me. Are you saying that you have to look to something called a "tactical pen" to defend yourself? Because a woman is not allowed the God-given right to defend herself, is this it?

Clarify your situation, then we'll come up with some nasty tricks and ways of getting away after some righteous blood-letting.

This punch
    https://images.homedepot-static.com...ral-tools-punches-nail-setters-89-64_1000.jpg

people keep in their cars. You put the center punch to the window glass and push. The pointy part starts to sink into the handle. At a given tension point, a spring-loaded hammer inside the handle slams into the punch shaft, the pointy part is driven forward, and the window glass shatters.

If your car goes under water and the electric windows don't work, you can shatter a window with this, then kick out the window and escape your sinking automobile.

This same punch you can put in your hand such that its heel is held up against the base (near the wrist) of your hand's palm. It can now be driven into a man's face. Tear into his facial bones. Put out one of his eyes.

14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You're right Old Geezer. I keep forgetting that this is an international board. Hell I don't need a glass breaker because I carry a gun in my car and on me a lot of time. It is legal to have a gun in your car and you can carry any sort of knife all the way up to a sword here. When my license to carry gets here I will be legal to carry open or concealed legally. In the past though I always worked on the belief that I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6 to my grave. In my 65 years I have never pointed a gun at a human being. If I had ever had to use a gun I would have been fighting for my life. I'm not very hot headed and if you don't threaten people with it how would they ever know that you had a weapon. If you have to use it though you will be alive rather than dead so it is still a win even if you get in legal trouble.

I guess you could still carry a sharpened pencil. I got stabbed with one in elementary school and had to have the lead taken out as a cyst 10 years later. I feel so sorry for those of you out there that are treated as less than dogs by your government. Here even a dog has the right to defend themselves from unprovoked attack.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018