The Arctic Doomsday Seed Bunker Just Flooded.

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Correy, May 20, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Correy

Correy Expert Member
      141/149

Blog Posts:
    I'm talking about the international gene bank Svalbard Global Seed Vault (SGSV), that some media even hyped as the new Noah's arc. SGSV cointains 500m different seeds, containing 880k different crops including crops that don't exist on the surface of the earth today. It was built in the deep underground of the arctic North, basically inside the never-melting part of the ice, on a little island close to Greenland.

Except climate change happened, and the melting arctic permafrost reached the inside of the bunker causing a flood. The seeds are safe by the way. This has been on the hottest temperature records ever recorded in the arctic cycle.

2. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    At least the seeds are safe.

jeager likes this.
  3. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad I don't have property in Florida.
    Flooding and sinkholes.
    Fiance has a home there however.
    On the water.
    Ain't my house.
    Hot. Bugs. Drought. Brush fires. Stagnant water. Bacteria. ewwwwwwwwwwwww