The Attitude Of A Survivalist

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by sunnytn, Feb 19, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. sunnytn

sunnytn Well-Known Member
      90/99

Blog Posts:
    The attitude of a survivalist is the most important factor in survival. It is more important than physical fitness. A positive attitude can mean the difference between life and death. A positive attitude faces the unknown and does not give in to fear, self pity, hopelessness, or frustration.

The positive attitude of a survivalist makes them leaders among those with negative attitudes. The survivalist with the right attitude has a strong will to live. He is willing to help others in the same situation. He will not risk his survival by those with the wrong attitude. Panic is the worse emotion in survival as it can mentally paralyze a person. The right attitude is keeping the mind on prioritizing the needs to survive. The strong will to live of the positive survivalist is the fuel of endurance.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    Mr Boots, branchd77 and Keith H. like this.
  2. NKAWTG

NKAWTG Well-Known Member
      85/115

Blog Posts:
    Keep putting one foot in front of the other.
    Remember the movie Martian? Survival was about problem solving: "You do the math. You solve one problem... and you solve the next one... and then the next. And If you solve enough problems, you get to come home."
    Problem solving, first you find water, great now you can live long enough to solve the shelter and food problem, etc.

sunnytn likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my attitude is the same as the Gloria Gaynor song: "I will survive"!! nothing more nothing less.

jeager likes this.
  4. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I like that comment.
    My thoughts exactly.
    My father-in-law (r.i.p.) was a ball turret gunner on a B-17 heavy bomber during WWII, shot down
    on his 25th mission over Germany.
    He was one of 3 that got out of the aircraft. The other 7 never got out.
    He was captured quickly and a p.o.w. for 7 months.
    He told of many captured airmen dying of wounds that shouldn't have been fatal and of starvation.
    The Nazi's weren't very nice to captured Allies.
    He weighed about 80 pounds when liberated by the advancing Britts.
    Attitude is everything.

5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    My Father was also a pow in france in ww2, his three bullet wounds were not cared for and nor was he fed for many weeks almost starved to death until
    he was transferred to a british pow camp and then on to England as a pow!
    The Americans were not very nice to the Germans either!
    Seems the germans and americans were always trying to out do each other in Europe!

jeager likes this.
  6. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    My father was in 3rd Armored, light tank.
    He was in 5 tanks lost to the superior German machines and wounded and 3 times the only
    survivor of the 4 man crew.
    The American light tank was useless against German tanks but fit for infantry support and
    against machine guns and enemy infantry.
    He said they didn't take prisoners unless ordered to do so.
    The Germans didn't either.
    Dad went into a building with an M-1 carbine after a sniper and the building exploded.
    Booby trap.
    He woke up in England and was there when the Germans surrendered.
    He couldn't use his right hand for almost a year after the war.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my uncle was in an explosion in the war, every so often he had to go into hospital and have bits of shrapnel removed.

8. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    My dad was on three german navy ships and those darned pommies sunk all three of them!
    He made three swims to france then survived the retreat almost back to the german border.
    Three .45cal slugs to the legs slowed him down enough to get captured, all three slugs were removed in a british hospital about three months after getting shot!

In his older years he really was damaged goods in his head! he would steal and hide food even from his own family!

jeager likes this.
  9. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

Classic p.t.s.d delayed syndrome.

I have it also from police work. Years later I got very disturbed and didn't know why.
    Therapy was essential. The 5th a day alcohol habit wasn't.
    Every now and then I see a therapist specializing in p.t.s.d. and no longer drink any alcohol or
    take narcotic drugs.
    Just non narcotic pain reliever to treat my poor broken back.
    Both hands broken, back broken 4 X, 3 concussions, knees blown out, one replaced, poisoned in
    chemical fires.................................and more.

Think cops ride around drinking coffee and eating donuts?
    NOT!

I'm AM a survivor.

10. Rere

Rere New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    my mate was in an explosion in the war, every so often he had to go into hospital and have bits of shrapnel removed.

11. sanny99

sanny99 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    What make is the positive attitude of a survivalist against the leaders among those with negative attitudes. The survivalist with the right attitude has a strong will to live. He is willing to help others in the same situation because the right attitude is to keeping the mind on prioritizing the needs to survive, the strong will to live of the positive survivalist is the fuel of endurance. Attitude is the reason why we success or why we fail if we dont have attitude in life, be hungry with life have attitude agains hard times.

12. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I completely agree with the positive attitude because it is one element that can spell life from death. But preparedness is more important to me because when you are prepared, you have confidence. And that confidence will free you from fear. We all know that fear can break us especially in a very tight situation. Well, being prepared has its rewards.

13. ValX

ValX New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    A positive attitude of a survivalist is definitely the most important thing in surviving. It's like you wasted everything you have prepped if you have a negative attitude, because you gave up before nothing even started just by looking at the awful condition around you, feeling intimidated by things that you know will happen since you have already prepped everything up, which is definitely wrong. A survivalist need to be optimistic and hopeful.

14. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    My father in law (r.i.p.) was a ball turret gunner on a B-17 in WWII and shot
    down on his 25th and last bombing mission.
    He was a p.o.w. for 7 months.
    They were beaten, and starved.
    Good thing the German air force was in charge of American airmen p.o.w's.
    If it were the S.S. they would have been tortured and send to the ovens.
    He weighted 85 pounds when finally rescued by the British advanced infantry.
    He told of big strong men just giving up and dying in their sleep.
    Men that had been p.o.w.s far less time than him.
    He told of airmen being badly wounded on a bomber that would be tossed
    out of the plane with parachute in the hopes the Germans would pick up
    the wounded man and take care of him.
    Surprisingly this did happen.
    My f.i.l. bailed out of his crippled bomber at 28,000 feet.
    He landed, dumped his chute, and ran.
    He got about 10 feet before the Germans caught him.
    Crew of 10, 3 got out.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    A survivalist should be prepared for anything, so he needs to stay humble and out of danger. A survivalist also needs to leave all the negativity behind, in a live or die situation you can't have your judgement clouded by the memory of bad stuff that happened. A survivalist should always look forward and continue to prepare ten steps ahead.

jeager likes this.
  16. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I believe your greatest weapon in any adverse situation is willpower. How many people survive disasters without never having had any sort of formal training? That said your best attitude or should I say your best tool is the correct mindset. Learning not to lose your cool under pressure and stress and learning to adapt to every situation is the key to developing that mindset. The reality is a big surprise. Be ready to dance accordingly to the music.

17. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    The attitude will always be a determinant of the survival of each one, the weak die the strong survive and so it will always be, so we must stop pessimism and never underestimate ourself, because he who knows he can survive will do.