The Snake Island

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by neoKit, Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. neoKit

neoKit New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Ilha da Queimada Grande, also known as Snake Island, is an island located off the coast of Brazil. I wonder how those have visited the island managed to avoid snake bites. Can one easily survive there a day or two since their are no houses there? images.jpg

2. QtheMyst

QtheMyst Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Are you trying to give me nightmares with this picture?! First of all there is NO WAY I'd ever visit a place called Snake Island, and it doesn't surprise me that there are no houses there. If I were forced for travel somewhere with this many snakes though, you can bet I'd study up on the local breeds and on general snake safety so I'd be more prepared.

3. John Snort

John Snort Well-Known Member
      92/93

Blog Posts:
    The Island is "home to the world's deadliest snakes" and people are forbidden by the Brazilian navy from landing on it.

And it's even listed on some sites as the most dangerous Islands to visit. So it certainly shouldn't be a place anyone would want to be in for any reason whatsoever. However should you find yourself there I don't think you'd survive long on the Island. If there are snakes everywhere where will you build your shelter? How will you keep the snakes away? How would you find food if you terrified of being bitten by snakes all the time?

I wouldn't expect anyone to survive a week on the Island.

4. divinemaredi

divinemaredi New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Snake island, seems interesting, especially for enthusiasts like some people I know...But for me, I never wish to be in such a place, I'd be terrified beyond words. But to give a handy tip regarding snake bites:
    • When bitten by a snake, check if the bite leaves a 2 hole bruise or a 4 hole bruise, why? You may ask..Because a 2 hole bruise means poisonous fangs and a 4 hole bruise means there's no venom, just a friendly bite.
    • Your welcome! Now you know when to go to the doctor, and when not to!

Moroccanbeauty2266 likes this.
  5. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Gauging from the picture you have uploaded, this is one hell of a place to exist. To survive in such a place, a prepper would require a heavy and tough canvas overall to withstand snake bites. A good dose of antivenom is also an absolute necessity. How big is the island? What do the snakes eat? With this number of snakes, this can precipitate an ecological disaster.

6. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    To be stuck on Snake Island would be a nightmare for me.
    I would be too freaked out to even think straight.
    Most likely I would be hiding in the trees some where but I am sure they would find me fast.
    I have read that by applying dampened charcoal or enchincea oil helps if you get bitten by a snake.
    The thing is you have to have them with you before you go to Snake Island or any other place that could have snakes for that matter.

7. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    I think if you have a tent, you can sleep anywhere. But, you have to make sure there are no cops around. You also have to decide how your going to eat. Either your going to hunt or fish. Make a quick decision on that.

8. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Nope, nope, nope... this is a serious nope for me. I'd die clinging to a tree.
    I'm like Indiana Jones when it comes to snakes in the wild (though I don't necessarily hate them).
    Even if you set up a tent in the trees, some snakes climb trees and are curious about new stuff in their territory. Definitely a precarious situation.

9. Harrysung

Harrysung New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Snakes scare the hell out of me, I wouldn't think of going there in the first place. One of my greatest fears is being bitten by a snake.

If I accidentally happen to find myself there, the thought of it is enough to make me blackout.

10. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Short answer would probably be a NO. Venomous snakes as far as the eye can see? There's a reason explorers have avoided it at all costs, and that no amount of resources would make people live there, even by the coast. I'd rather be in the desert compared to that place considering there are countless predators with every step. Think about it. If humanity has avoided it at all costs for the better part of its discovery, they probably know what they are doing. Survival instinct, yeah?

11. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    They have had a colony on the island they think a treasure is on the island