Too Late mate-Up The Creek Without A Paddle!!!

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Keith H., Jun 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There are some wise people on this forum who have stated that once we no longer have electricity, we will have to rely on 18th century technology. I totally agree with this, & have been saying this for many years, but what most people DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS, that when tshtf, it will be too late!!!
    If you don't have the skills now, how long do you think it will take you (the non skilled person) to learn these skills? You won't be learning from my videos or anyone elses videos with no electricity, & I very much doubt you will be learning from any books unless you already have those books.
    Flintlock guns will be the ultimate treasure, true, but do you have one now? What makes you think that you will be able to acquire a flintlock & the knowledge of how to use one properly after the fall? It is not going to happen! Gun shops will be one of the first places to be looted along with food stores. Modern guns will be clubs & goat stakes after the ammo runs out or the gun malfunctions. If anyone is lucky enough to snag a flintlock from a gun shop after the fall they will not know what equipment goes with this 18th century technology, & they will not know how to use it properly as I said before. It will likely be totally useless to them.
    I have seen second hand flintlocks for sale, & the story is always the same. The previous owner, despite information being available, did not know how to use it it properly & gave up on it. Some I have found for sale that are STILL LOADED!!! They did not know how to make it fire & they had no idea of how to "pull a load"!

If you intend on taking advantage of 18th century technology, then you need to do that NOW! Before it is Too Late!
    Check out the "All Things Primitive" section on this forum whilst you still have the time.
    Keith.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    not just guns, everything else will revert to pre the industrial revolution, in England that is the 18TH century.
    without a manufacturing base everything will last until the spare parts run out then becomes so much garbage.
    do you know how to repair stuff? or make new ones-without electricity-by hand? better learn to live without stuff in that case!
    a basic lifestyle without mains services isn't hard to do, and it can be quite enjoyable if you know how to adapt to it, but if you don't you'll find it very hard to do, impossible for some.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    If I ever need a flintlock I will build one or two!
    Steel is everywhere and so are lathes, maybe three hours work!
    Power it with a genny or rip the motor out and install peddles, might need a flywheel!
    but why do that when modern guns and ammo are just as easy to make!

4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    many so called preppers and survivalists (especially the American ones...sorry,no offence meant!) seem to think everything revolves around guns, whilst there is a place for guns in SHTF survival, in the western countries where the mortality rate will be in the order of 90%...especially in Britain where most of the population relies on the system and electricity, give it a few weeks maybe a month or two once the rioting and looting is over and the dying starts, we'll be lucky if we see anyone else much less fight them off, especially in my remote neck of the woods. we'll be more interested in putting food on the table, our food stashes wont last forever-maybe 12 months if we're lucky, we'll have had to get our crops in long before then, heck we should be looking for our first harvest.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    When TSHTF and ROL is gone most people will at some stage need to fight to stay alive most days.
    The fighting will be with most everything, one will need weapons of all sorts, spades to fight the dirt
    and most importantly weapons to fight those who would take everything from you!
    Guns if you got them, bows and arrows, spears, swords, knives, axes and whatever you can get!
    Defence and security trumps everything else
    And it wont be how you imagine it! it will be how the bad guy imagines it unless you are better on the day!

Even the sheeple will on the most part have some fight in them before there end!
    I think few will actually starve to death, most will be starving when they meet a violent death fighting over food!
    Incidently after a few months there will be few males left who have not killed another human at least once over food!

A land with few people but nearly all killers! a much tougher world to live in!

6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree that anyone in the cities or near the cities will have a problem with looters, but very few British people will wander very far from the urban centres, most British people are scared of the countryside and don't stray very far from the coast.
    I have never believed in "the golden horde" theory, not in Britain anyway, most people believe "nowhere is safe on this little island" and i'm quite happy for them to think like that!!
    a bit less "Rambo" or "Mad Max" and a bit more "Tales from the green valley".

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Keith H. likes this.
  7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Problem is you don't need a horde!
    Once law and order is gone every man, woman, child old enough will arm themselves if they want to live!
    The british are no exception, the bloodlines have been fighting for millennia and more, there is still fire there
    Sure many will fail but many wont

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    in the cities probably.
    violence may be bad post SHTF but it will be shortlived.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes and all the warm and fuzzies will be dead and nearly all that survive will be of a violent disposition through want or need!

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    maybe but they will be few in number and spread out.
    food stores will only last so long and after that we are all in the same boat, at this time there may be a second wave of mortality.
    eventually those that are left will realise it is easier to work with other survivors rather than fight them, as I said the violence will be short lived, at least here in this country it will as we have a lower population to start with.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  11. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    its great to be ready my main concern is. WHERE ARE THEY GOING TOO?? THEY MUST HAVE A PLACE READY TO GO TOO. MOST PEOPLE WHO OWN LAND ARE NOT GOING TO JUST LET YOU MOVE ONTO THEIRS TO LIVE ON. Most farmers and ranches do not like city peoplenow after shtf most will shoot you on site to protect whats theirs

12. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    And a lot of city people are entitled to camp anywhere they choose, remember its for the children!

Why do country folk always assume city people are stupid! Me big farmer me got gun me god of this land
    me shoot whoever I please and me immune to enemies bullets because it is my land and I the good guy!

I see many farms getting new owners/occupiers rather suddenly when it all hits the fan!

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    they THINK they are "entitled"....that's all, they will find out very quickly they aren't.