Trapping Wild Boar

Discussion in 'Hunting / Fishing / Trapping' started by Corzhens, May 25, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    This is pretty hard work so you only do this when you are sure that there are wild boars around. The first step is to dig a pit that is at least 2-1/2 feet deep and with a diameter that can fit the boar. When done, put bamboo slats around the pit that the bamboo would appear like a wall. Place the bait and cover the hole with leaves. The best bait for wild boar is ripe jackfruit. Get a slice or 2 and place it in the traphole. The scent of the jackfruit will attract the wild boar. When the animal reaches the hole, it will fall inside and wouldn’t be able to come up because of the bamboo slats. Be ready with your knife when you retrieve your prey. Good luck.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't know what wild boar is like in your neck of the woods, but over here I would never take on a wild boar with just a knife. I have hunted wild boar for many years.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]
    Not My Photo.

3. Mr Boots

Mr Boots Expert Member
      188/230

Blog Posts:
    That a good feast boar would love to hunt one with a spear

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Make sure you see it before it sees you, & have a good climbing tree close-by or someone with a big gun to back you up. Wild boar will kill you & eat you.
    Keith.
    [​IMG]
    This is the last Boar I shot, this is a Black Powder Breach-loading shotgun in 12 gauge. I used a .60 caliber round ball.