Using Mint

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by FuZyOn, Jul 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I hope I don't bother anyone by sharing this site (https://www.mint.com/) but I find it quite useful when you're trying to save up money. It allows you to see where your money goes every month and you can make a list of all the things you NEED to spend money on, it's pretty useful to limit your spending habits and I use it daily.

2. Endure

Endure Expert Member
      130/140

Blog Posts:
    Well, I already manage my dairy expenses by writing them down in a notebook but thank you nevertheless. Maybe someone in this forum would find it quite handy to put overall expenses in order.

3. gracer

gracer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for sharing @FuZyOn. :) This could be really helpful for those who are looking for some aide to help them figure out their expenses and manage their monthly earnings. I on the other hand also have a journal where I list down my total monthly income and expenses. It really helps to have a systematic way of auditing what comes in and out of your hands regularly for you to know how you can effectively manage your money and eliminate the extra expenses that aren't really important.

4. willywonka

willywonka Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I have heard of Mint, but I don't really trust it because when they were first starting out they wanted you to log into your financial institution via their website. I am not one to share that sort of information all willy nilly. I know that hackers probably have an eye out on that site and are just waiting for them to mess up somewhere.

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I was not offended at all. I am always curious as to how others manage their money. It might be brtter than what i am doing.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I'm an impulsive buyer and I'd spent a good part of my life being financially irresponsible, my parents didn't educate me and I didn't know how to manage my funds properly. Ever since I started writing down my monthly expenses and making a budget for going out, food, rent and the other necessities I've been living like a king, especially since I've been able to add some cash to my emergency and retirement fund as well. Mint makes things a lot easier! :D

gracer likes this.