Water Fasting

Discussion in 'Finding, Purifying, and Storing Water' started by Coputere, Jun 10, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    It has been said that fasting up to 72 hours can reset your metabolic system to its natural weight. Do you think that accompanying this method with drinking water and nothing else has the purifying qualities that it is said to have?

2. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:

I am not sure about fasting setting the body back to its metabolic rate, but going without food does have so many benefits. One of those benefits is releasing the body from toxins and just giving it a break. I have been on three-day fasts before, but I didn't notice any different in my metabolic rate. Now a strange thing happened to me when I was in my early twenties. I had a bad cold and really didn't have an appetite. I had grits on the first day then nothing else. The second and third day, I only had soup. Within the next few days, I dropped a lot of weight. I went from 160 to about 120lbs within a couple of weeks. I know 10lbs of that was more than likely water weight. So I lost roughly 30 lbs. It really happened but I know it sounds fabricated.

Coputere likes this.
  3. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not a doctor, but off the top of my head I do have a few ideas. Most of you won't like what I say, but I really don't care.

Fasting for 3 days reminds my of purging a fish before consumption. You don't feed it anything for a few days and constantly change out the water. The fish will cleanse itself if it ate anything bad in the last few days. The meat of the fish comes out cleaner and ready to cook. The human body will purge itself of some of the impurities that it consumed over the past few days. But If you eat organic and none GMO foods then it wouldn't hurt you to eat that and drink water.

The second idea will be the controversial one. In brain washing techniques the captures will feed its captives a non animal protein and fat diet to prep them for brainwashing. Animal protein encourages proper brain function. If you starve your body from that you don't think straight and it gives a higher success rate in brainwashing. You can apply this method to interrogation and religious cults.

Coputere likes this.
  4. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:

Keeping up an omnivorous eating regimen is the surest course to creating special insight. Significantly faster is a "vegetarian" eating routine in this manner, which some contend implies that you stay away from all meat, fowl, fish, etc.
    so that a psychic meatless regimen ought to be improved with water fasting since this improves such inner faculties at a more extensive rate.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    water fasting? that's a new one on me, go without water for 3 days and you'll be either dead or close to it.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    There is this thing called water therapy that my mother-in-law used to practice. She would drink plenty of water upon waking up until she feels her tummy to be aching in fullness. She would continue drinking water until lunch which is her only meal for the day. After lunch, it is water again. She would be doing that for 1 week in order to lose weight. I think it is effective for her because she looks happy with that. And she also said that water cleanses the internal body organs so it is healthy. However, there is the danger of being famished excessively that may lead to other health issues like ulcers.

For the premise of fasting with only water for 3 days is too much abuse for the body. If you have a weak heart, you may suffer a heart attack or if you are hypertensive then you can be hit by a stroke. I am not a doctor but I don't think it is a good fasting method not to eat anything and to subsist only on water for 3 days. Be careful.

7. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    That is a great story, perhaps that is exactly the type of reaction I am walking about. Maybe it can be a reaction to some of the ingredients in the food that you did eat. I hate to ask, but are you sure that it was a common cold that you had and not something a bit more severe?

8. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I do like what you have said. I would just like to point out that I am not religious in the least but I do read a lot on much occult writings. It seems that fasting would strengthen the will of the person that is fasting, thus allow them to execute certain rituals better that required that sort of thing. Also, they would begin to see visions. I guess the pineal gland responds to fasting simply because the body supposedly being apart of the soul is less contaminated.
    Also the electromagnetic field known as the aura is supposed to grow because it is responding to your over all mental, spiritual and physical health. I have had some pretty bizarre experiences on an astral level. I am just curious because the body does seem to have various rejuvenating properties. It seems to heal itself, it is very plausible that the same thing can happen to your metabolism. I totally agree that GMOs are a hindrance to much of that self rejuvenation and even the cause of many diseases due to the level of acidity that is introduced to the body by eating foods that do not promote a better PH balance. Your answer is greatly appreciated and I will research it for myself.

9. joshposh

260/345

Blog Posts:
    I took up some religion courses in college, so I question all religions. But that "bizarre experiences on a astral level", and "execution of certain rituals", is a direct link to the brain not functioning properly because it doesn't have the raw material needed to function. It's call delusional. Hence why in brainwashing, starvation or the lack of animal fats and proteins and sleep deprivation, it is easier to persuade people to think what you want them to believe because they are not fully coherent.

Coputere likes this.
  10. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I understand your stance but due to humans not being initially carnivorous I might have to dispute it. We do not have enough hydrochloric acid production in our stomach to even break down the fats, bones, proteins or parasites that we receive from meat consumption. Also spirituality is also experienced on a full stomach as well. Due to most of it supposedly being caused by a shift in our pineal gland which has been physically located by scientist, as well as its function as far as clairvoyance is concerned. Are you saying that the human body that is omnivorous by nature and design, is not meant to have so called spiritual experiences even though our physical make up says other wise?

11. joshposh

260/345

Blog Posts:
    You mixing up scientific facts and religion. Those 2 don't belong together. One is based on experimental data and the other is not. Regardless of what gland is being shifted or hydrochloric acid production, the state in which the human mind is in during fasting is not a healthy one. To say that you have a spiritual experience during a unhealthy state of mind says something about religion in general. You need to be in a mental deprived and unhealthy state just to have a religious epiphany.

That is the main point I'm trying to make. I think you are over analyzing things and made it more complicated then it actually is. Trying to pin point minute references when the answer is right in front of you.

People always think we need to suffer to be close to god or enlightenment. That is delusional. Fasting is unhealthy and by doing so, but it's called spiritual.

12. thePENofGODx0x0xz7

thePENofGODx0x0xz7 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Man shall not live by bread alone.
    the water of life is what constitutes 75% of our bodies.
    New water is new blood so I agree.
    The body will eat its stored fat if you eat nothing for too long.
    That must indicate some drastic changes.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  13. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    Many people sometimes allude to fasting. However, I don't believe that this is something that is safe for everyone to do. Consider a person suffering from a low sugar count, the effect of staying hungry for an extended period would have on that person. Many people subscribe to this activity because of certain beliefs. I am not knocking them, however, was it mandated that it's something that we have to do?

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    There's a thing as overhydration though. Your cells would have too much water in them, and that's not good for you. Like people say, too much of a good thing eventually becomes a bad effect, and water is no difference. Yes, it's a vital part of life, and yes, you would die without regular intake, but an increase in water intake (whether voluntary or involuntarily) might indicate an abnormal condition. So water fasting isn't really that great, or fasting in general, as you would deprive your body of these basic and vital needs, and overcompensating afterwards.

15. joshposh

260/345

Blog Posts:
    You will know when you had enough water to drink. The only time I hear of people dying or getting seriously ill from over hydration it is because of a stupid college initiation or a bet gone bad. The body will tell you when you are thirsty and when you had enough.

16. lucidcuber

lucidcuber New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Fasting for 72 hours is probably the longest you can get away with before serious changes set in. Of course ancient humans regularly went a week or more without food during poor harvests, but ultimately your body will have to adjust. Short fasts of 24 hours can completely empty the digestive system, and that itself will give your body chance to heal without requiring drastic longer term changes to your body.

Coputere likes this.
  17. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    This has been the latest trend among the dieters and people who want to have a total detox. I personally don't think it's the best way to do. Overhydration, as someone pointed out is a real danger. It's called water intoxication. It could lead to sodium depletion which hinders electrical activity in the body. It may result in potentially fatal conditions such as respiratory arrest, memory loss, brain function loss and so on.

Secondly, if you stop eating food your body goes into starvation mode and does not burn accumulated fats. Instead, healthy lean muscle is spent away as the fuel to support you during fasting. If detox is the main objective, it could be achieved by eating fresh fruits and vegetable salad along with a low-carb diet. Fasting for 72 hours without any food, whatsoever, may not be the right way to go.

18. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure that's great for your body. I mean, you only ingesting water can't be that beneficial for you. Sure it get's your body rid of some extra not so healthy stuff that may be there, but what about the other nutrients that other foods provide?
    I would never try water fasting.

19. Coputere

Coputere New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Eating less does not make you unhealthy. If it were true then not eating for a few days would be considered starving. We eat far more than we need to and have bodies that can survive without this much food. Also, it is not required that you fast in order to have one of these experiences.

Science has not solved every question, especially those that are dealing with metaphysical properties. Nearly all of Darwinian teachings have been overturned by new information.

I am not apart of a religion, or even a cult. Great philosophers such as manly P Hall and Albert Pike have eluded to encounters with a realm beyond our physical eyes and there is nothing wrong with people experiencing that from within any religion that the are in.

Fasting is not about suffering. if you think that suffering is going without food for a few days then you are delusional. Even warriors and stoics who intended to build their will power would have done the same. It is not really considered a bad thing that mostly everyone in every culture whether they be religious or otherwise, tend to believe that self sacrifice is required in order to achieve great heights.

Whether done by fasting or otherwise, sacrificing one thing in order to receive another is a principle of the way that things are in our world. We can not escape that no matter how hard we try.

20. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    my problem is I never drink enough water.

21. joegirl

joegirl Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I need to learn how to drink water, not abstain from it. I run a lot and my coach club always tells me to drink more water. Also I don't think a water fast is healthy at all. Food fast, sure, but water fast is not for me.

22. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Fasting by only drinking water is a good way to clean your body from toxic. I tried fasting by drinking only water for one day. I felt light on my stomach and I don't felt hungry.