What Did You Do Or What Changes Have You Made Recently?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Keith H., Jul 12, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Have you made any changes to your equipment? Any repairs? Have you added any different equipment items to what you carry? Any improvements to your homestead that will help you survive or improve your standard of living?
    ________________________________________________________________________________

I made new belt loops for the back of my belt pouch. I have been meaning to do this for ages & simply never got round to doing it. I only used a knife, a steel needle & linen thread plus some scrap leather, but it turned out reasonably well & it works. I am happy with the result.
    [​IMG]

MKprepper likes this.
  2. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It has been very wet here of late, & I have been crook for about 7 weeks. This has meant that no wood cutting has been done. Finally on the weekend we had sun, so we decided to get some wood in. Still pretty wet, the header streams are running, but we did find some dry standing wood to add to the fire wood store.
    [​IMG]
    One of two trees having fallen across the track in the forest which we had to remove to get to where we were going.
    Keith.

3. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I changed stocks on my new .308w rifle.
    The original stock was an Axiom synthetic modern thingyI was never happy with as it was three pieces pinned together and nowhere stiff enough for accurate shooting!

Just fitted a Hogue overmould stock, a lot more traditional style. Still need to free float the barrel but it is coming along!

4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Last weekend & this weekend I had to cut a tree off our fence line & repair the fence. This weekend we were cutting, hauling & stacking firewood as well. Always more to do.
    Keith.

5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Today I finished rigging up a single point sling for one of my rifles, works far better than expected
    so I will now get supplies to built one for every rifle and a few spares!

MKprepper likes this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have had the solar power upgraded on the cottage & the main house.
    Keith.

MKprepper likes this.
  7. MKprepper

MKprepper Expert Member
      168/173

Blog Posts:
    I made a Spear out of an old Knife last week, just for the hell of it;)

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Excellent MK. Even if you were not able to get close enough to game to throw this spear, you could lay in wait on a trail (down wind) & stab game as it passes. Also good for defence.
    Keith.

MKprepper likes this.
  9. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We have purchased a cement mixer, constructed a new outdoor laundry, bought myself a new 4WD twin cab diesel Triton, bought a tractor, & have started constructing a new free range fenced pen for our chooks. We have also had new gel solar batteries installed in the power shed to replace our old lead acid batteries.
    Keith.