What Symptom Should You Look Out For When Sick?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 1, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I read that in World War 2 the most common cause of death among the soldiers was diarrhea, so much so that there was a code among all soldiers that you can't shoot anyone who was defecating at war time. I think that's also a valid argument in households, as quickly losing vital fluids from your body would be a quick way to the other side. Vomiting can also be trouble, but then again it is your body's way of combating whatever it is in your system. What do you guys think?

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    disease will kill far more people post SHTF than violence will.

Old Geezer and Kanagirl like this.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    For a random sickness, the first sign that I would look for is fever. I think fever is called the universal alarm of the body that when something is wrong, the body will create fever. With loose bowel movement, it may be a simple diarrhea that will stop by itself after 2 or 3 times trip to the toilet. Although it is dangerous if the bowel movement continues all day. Vomitting is most likely a sign of food poisoning or extreme dizziness. Take note that a stroke can make you dizzy because of the high blood pressure. So if there is something wrong, those warning signs should not be ignored.

4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Seems to me the first symptom will be not feeling well. Could be a fever or a gut ache, body pains. The main thing to do is look after yourself beforehand, don't take any risks eating wild plants until you have tested them. Eat well, sleep well & don't push yourself too hard. If you do not have any medications & you get sick, I suggest you construct a sweat lodge & use that.
    Keith.

5. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    A fever is what I always watch for. It's always my first indication something is wrong. If there's no fever, but I feel bad, I'll try my best to push through. If my husband feels bad but has no fever, however, I try to make him rest until he feels better. I've never been seriously ill and not had a fever.

6. AntwanCeja

AntwanCeja New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Well I believe every body has its own ways of telling us if something is wrong withing them. The thing is, our body is too intelligent that it will always react to anything that is causing damage to it. Diarrhea, vomit, rashes, hair loss, bloating, etc.. they are all reactions to something we previously got inside us. Probably we didn't even notice or accepted it in, but the reaction will always appear. So the common causes such as diarrhea and vomit will always be one of the best methods to get rid of any kind of bad substances/agents withing us. It is our natural method of cleansing, so if you ask me, I always let my body vomit and defecate as much as it needs it. then I will only eat healthy natural things such as fruits and veggies... and of course, plenty of water.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  8. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i usually get a tickle at the back of the throat, this is the first sign I get of getting unwell.

9. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Common sign of being sick is sudden change of body temperature. Hot flashes or cold sweats are already indicative signs that your not feeling well. Fever, is already a sign that your body is already threathen and your antibodies is working. Diarrhea, first sign of loose bowel movement is already somethings wrong. DO NOT DRINK ANY MEDICINES YET... You need to seek medical advise for that because you need to identify the pathogen, it can be bacterial, protozoal, or worst it can be food poisoning which can be fatal if not treated properly.