What Will Cause SHTF?

Discussion in 'Newbie Corner' started by ziskasun, Jun 15, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    no the US is not at war with Russia, that's just what the Democrats want you to think.
    Trump is not a politician, he says what he thinks. he's a bit like our Nigel Farage in that respect.

jeager and Old Geezer like this.
  2. sarky

sarky Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Trump is #1 an overt narcissist #2 one crappy businessman #3 A huckster, con artist and grifter and lastly a tool. Educating our children means nothing to him, because he wants a serf class. The wall he wants is so stupid to be insane. If you destroy all the things that make a nation good and great, what is the point of having a nation? I really wish people would stop using democrat and republican, those are simply the manes of opposing political teams. It is a distraction to the bigger picture, the agenda of the players and how they align. It is the neo-liberals of whom you speak. And even there you are wrong, we are in a war, wether it be cyber, cultural or class, with other countries and internally with our selves. Patriotic jingoism is how Germany went NAZI and it is a lesson much of the world has forgotten. Trump and the conservatives want to push us towards a radical christian leaning, both morally and governmentally. This makes them no better than radical islam and sharia law.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Once upon a time, Leftists liked centrally-controlled Russia. Trump likes the oil-baron in Putin -- not much of anything else in this KGB / FSB, mobster monster.

Conservatives didn't vote for Trump, they voted against Hillary -- which is to say centralized government, the horrific corruption that always is the outcome of centralized power, the need for the military to be resurrected from its state of utter neglect, the need for government regulations to be attenuated lest they kill what is left of the American economy, the need to appoint Supreme Court justices who believes that the U.S. Constitution best speaks to human nature as relates to the organization of a government that will be kept in its place, and in sum, voted to keep America American as opposed to America becoming just another European nanny-state. Leftists see the people of a nation as sheeple in need of protection; Leftists can be divided into two camps: 1) the hyper-neurotic, or 2) the elitist control-freaks (such as ivory-tower college professors and professional politicians). On the other hand, Conservatives are not hand-wringers and view citizens as adults able to control their own lives.

Whoever protects you, owns you. Historically in the USA, the police & sheriff's deputies were hired to serve warrants / arrest those charged with crimes; soldiers were citizen-soldiers whose first loyalties were to their families and their home state. Sheriffs would form a posse of locals should more force be required to apprehend multiple felons. Where I'm from, the police / sheriff's department had among their duties the mandate to protect those arrested from the locals so that a fair trial could be conducted, else the locals would simply go after aggressive felons and kill them. One of my uncles was given to "taking care of business." In times past, a homeowner or merchant put-upon by felons, simply shot them -- certainly no warrants were issued for self-defense (how ridiculous).

When the people are actually sheeple / just so many grazing cattle, almost anything can cause the SHTF. Herd animals stampede.

sarky likes this.
  4. sarky

sarky Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    The reality is, only slightly over 26% of the registered voters voted for trump, and only a hair more voted for hillary. Which means more than 43% either voted independent or not at all. How much would have changed if hillary and the DNC hadn't cheated Brenie out of the nomination?

5. sarky

sarky Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    sarky
    "Up until this cheeto flavored loon trump took office, I would have said, global pandemic. But despite his claims, he is NOT a good businessman and knows nothing about running a country. His mouth is our worst enemy, he is in bed with our enemies and has insulted our allies. He will destroy our environment, destroy our currency and widen the gap between the haves and have nots. Civil war is also not out of the question."

A billionaire is a loon???? A premier business man that KEPT his billions?

A man that sealed deals all over the world including Russia.

A known a respected LEADER in his field is a loon?

Sounds like a disgruntled voter.
    Recall President Trump got elected.
    As in every election there are people happy and people disappointed.
    Get over it.
    http://www.selectinternational.com/blog/donald-trump-leadership

T
    hat great businessman(sic) went bankrupt how many times? If he had put all that money that daddy gave him in a simple interest account, he would have double what he now has. Trump was elected by less than 27% of the registered voters, do the math, that means that 73% of the registered voters, did NOT vote for him. And what makes you think that he is a respected leader? respected by whom? He is in fact a draft dodging chicken hawk ! You do know what that is? And for the record, I'm not disappointed, I'm appalled, that people would be so stupid as to vote for him, even though most of his votes were against hillary.

6. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    WWIII = everybody looses.
    M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction.
    It's hard to believe any of the super powers would do that.
    However anything can happen, thus I'm a prepper.
    I live in N.E. Ohio and would likely not survive the first strike.
    I'm between Cleveland and Pittsburgh so the nukes would be liberally applied.
    Major industrial area that it is.
    I feel that Radical Islam is our greatest threat.
    Islam preaches that if a Muslim dies for Allah he is assured a place in Muslim heaven with Allah
    and rewarded with 70 virgins.
    Thus suicide by murdering others is o.k., even preferred.
    So fornication under the nose of Allah (god) is o.k.????????
    2.1 BILLION Muslims in this world today.
    I've read that 15% support or engage in terrorism.
    That is a LOT of potential terrorists.
    A real and present danger.
    If radical Islam gets hold of a nuclear weapon they WILL use it.
    Radical Islam has a LOT of money to buy technology, even a nuclear weapon.
    Then there is the nuclear dirty bomb.
    A conventional explosive with nuclear material. The explosive spreads radioactive
    material all over everywhere.
    I've read of radical Islam plans to poison water supplies, river, lakes, reservoirs.
    One day they will.
    Doubt that?
    We didn't see the W.T.C., Miami, Orlando, New York, Paris, Germany, and others coming
    either.
    Lock 'n load.
    Molan labe.

7. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

MOST OF THE VOTES WERE AGAINST HILLARY IS RIGHT!
    Mine included.
    And the votes of everyone I know.
    Still I believe President Trump will work for "we the people" and he owes no one anything.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  8. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    No not a war just business and they learnt it from the masters the USA!
    He is already rich and he knows paupers do not consume, consumption is for EMPLOYED people with income to spare!
    Fresh ? well he is not beholding to anyone, he is a business man not a political arse licker, He says what he thinks, and he has seen the GW bandwagon for what it is
    BOLLOCKS and BULLSHIITTE!

9. sarky

sarky Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Trump owes no one anything??? Where do you get your information from? Trump and his cronies???? He owes money to contractors who did work for him and he stiffed them, you must think that is looking out for we the people as well. Maybe you should research who he owes money to........ Russia????? YEP! Big Bucks too!

PriscillaKing likes this.
  10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    dont believe every thing the media tells you.

TexDanm and jeager like this.
  11. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

Quite right.
    Detractors will come up with anything to appeal to the losers.
    Hilary losers are still whining and crying.
    We had an election.
    Happens every four years.
    Someone wins, someone loses.
    Get over it.
    We survived b.j. Bill and his Monica moments.
    "I did not have sex with that woman............................."
    Lying in the face of America.
    I didn't mope and whine nor post negative comments on talk forums.
    I simply l.m.a.o. at losers who did.:D
    We survived " I am not a crook " Nixon for the love ' pete.

President Trump got elected President.
    Now be a good citizen and support our duly elected representatives.
    Or whine, stew, cry, and post nasty comments on the net to relieve your
    depression.:(
    Very adult behavior don'cha'think?:rolleyes:
    I would comment more about sophomoric behavior but I don't want banned.

12. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    As expected, Trump did best among white voters without a college degree, beating Clinton by the enormous margin of 72 percent to 23 percent. Trump also won among white, non-college women 62 to 34 percent and white college-educated men, 54 to 39 percent.

Education had little to do with people who voted Trump.
    Common sense DID.
    Now put it to bed.
    Hilary lost.
    Get over it.

13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    same here in the UK with the referendum , losers are still moaning and trying to defeat the will of the people over 9 months after the vote, "snowflakes" the lot of them, if the "leave" side had lost I would just have said "oh well" and moved on but not this lot.

PriscillaKing likes this.
  14. sarky

sarky Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    So,we were given the choice between 2 shit sandwiches and you think the american people picked the better shit sandwich?

15. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:

That's one way to look at it.
    It's what I considered and Trump was the ..............................the...................ah...................?????????

Well he had the most money dammit.
    I just couldn't vote for Hillary the hilarious.
    It wasn't at all because she is a she.
    It's because she is that she.
    Another reason is that she is butt ugly.
    Even frugly. eff'n really ugly.
    And poor Chelsea. I have a picture of Chelsea hanging in my shed to keep the mice out.
    Benghazi is a real big reason I didn't want her as potus.
    I'm Conservative but I have voted Liberal....................I think..................maybe...........if I was drunk enough.

Another reason for Trump is hat he is a premier, successful business person.
    Running the U.S. IS a business.
    Keeping the economy healthy is premier.
    Keeping the citizens safe is the #1 job of the POTUS.
    Trump has a well established reputation as a premier business person and his
    business ties with Russia will prove beneficial.
    TRADE has a bonding component.
    Wars have started over trade, or discontinuing trade.
    Recall why the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
    The U.S. cut off oil and scrap steel supply to Japan to protest the Japanese
    Imperialism, conquests of China and Pacific Islands etc.
    The Japanese thought that the U.S. isolationist attitude would prevent the U.S.
    going to war.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  16. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKing Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Sounds stupid if the number of natural survival hazards in Australia has been accurately reported. Even if several of them are too small to shoot, anything that keeps a rabid or predatory animal from biting people is a good thing in my opinion.

Keith H. likes this.
  17. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    I seriously think the American people were ignored in this election. Several popular candidates were available (to both parties) and both major parties picked a friend of Bill Clinton with ties to European power seekers. I'm not into conspiracy theories but there was something deeply wrong with Trump's whole campaign, starting with the way his voice, when he said on TV he wasn't planning to run as a spoiler if denied the nomination, should've set off a "He's Lying" sign.

18. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    His success was founded on refusal to pay his debts. (He exploited loopholes in the law to write off some business ventures as bankrupt, while raking in money from others.) I wouldn't shake his hand.

I'd shake Hillary's hand--I admire her personal achievements--but I couldn't bring myself to vote for her policies.

I wrote in "Ben Carson." (Funny, I didn't think he'd like being POTUS and didn't think he'd do well on the campaign trail, but I wanted to vote for a fellow introvert once in my life, regardless.)

I can't get interested in political news stories any more. Let's not bore our friends overseas with too much of the residual angst from the U.S. election...

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    politicians are the ones that will probably cause SHTF, dosent matter what country or which party their all the same.

Keith H. likes this.
  20. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    Or if the RNC hadn't cheated (truly independent) Paul and Carson, or (qualified conservative Republicans) Kasich and Huckabee...or if McCain, whom I respect because he's always said that apart from military issues he'd be a Democrat, or Cruz, who had the bad luck to be born on the road and thus disqualified, had had a chance...or any number of other scenarios that could have happened if the major parties hadn't overtly sold out to European busybodies...if the 2016 election had anything to do with Us The People...

This site is inherently on the angsty side, but I'll try not to climb onto a soapbox about the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad election. How much of that should our international friends have to read?

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we've got our own Election next Thursday thanks.

22. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    Interesting to see what everyone's preparing for. Me? Well, when I was little my parents were bracing for the Cold War to heat up. (A trade "war" you win by selling the "enemy" food, not even at a hateful price, is a strange thing. People expected it would escalate into WWIII.) Then in the Reagan years we made contact with Seventh-Day Adventists who expect a war on Christians for 2-10 years immediately before the Second Coming; one of them has reserved a corner in my family cave.

My female-line ancestors are classic Irish celiacs. In Ireland it used to be called a family curse. In real life I was the one who discovered that we can be healthy if we just admit that wheat is worse than arsenic for our peculiar bodies, and eat accordingly. I was a sickly kid and didn't prepare to be even 40 years old, much less to watch my husband's coldblooded ex destroy a business I'd started with $30 and maintained for almost twenty years, to be a rich man's penniless widow. Success in Washington hadn't prepared me to try to recover in a town rotten with welfare cheats, either. I'm still penniless. Coffee (the price of Internet access), lunch, an armload of stuff to sell in the local market tomorrow if it's not raining, the paid-off house with the cave, and 4 pennies in my pocket is what I have. And a couple of bills past due. That's the way it's been for more than ten years. Welfare cheating and prostitution are out because I want to go where my father, brother, and husband have gone, and the sooner may well be the better--although I really enjoy being alive.

What I'm prepared for is to run out of money, and/or be forced off the Internet by the greedheads and censors, and go home and starve. I don't really hope to half-starve on natural plant growth for a few months while all the welfare cheats are killed off by Trumpcare, though I do think that'd be fun in a warped way. I just earned my "badge of courage" many years ago. Life is sweet, all the sweeter for being short. If I live, good; if I die, I want to have lived and died well.

23. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    What should others prepare for? Well...there's been massive pressure, worldwide, to herd people into densely populated areas. Not much S needs to HTF to reduce the population of a densely packed city. On September 12, 2001, loosely packed Arlington, Virginia, went back to work; densely packed New York City burned. No need to worry about the unknowable possibilities of The Apocalypse, there. Rule 1 for surviving anything: Don't be in a crowded city.

Power grids, as noted. The Appalachian Mountains are blessed: anyone who can get into a cave can survive without electricity. Not all of the world is so fortunate. Rule 2: Know what we're working with and against, in terms of the environment.

Food issues. The more we depend on big centralized agri-businesses, the more vulnerable we are to mistakes, like the recent use of pesticides directly on foods as preservatives. Glyphosate is chemically similar to gluten so people who don't have the celiac gene are showing symptoms of celiac disease in reaction to glyphosate.

Bigger, more dramatic things...I don't know. I think it's more likely that Russia and/or China would goad puny North Korea into war with the U.S. than that either would risk war with us, themselves; I don't think that many North Koreans are really that stupid, their relatives here aren't, but who knows. ISIS wouldn't get far in a war with the U.S. but they seem certifiable and might try one. Earthquakes, volcanoes, global warming...the Second Coming, even? I think it's all the same. Be physically prepared for the things that are likely to happen where we are, and emotionally prepared for the fact that life is short in any case.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  24. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The problem we have here is the whole system is corrupt. There are only two major parties, Liberals & Labor. Both are corrupt, so we can't win either way. The present system needs to be scrapped, government sacked, & a new system for running the country introduced. What we have now is a dictatorship, I can not remember when the people were last offered a referendum on anything.
    Keith.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  25. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Shtf is a mind set what going to be bad for one person may be a walk in the park for another I sit out hurricanes every year I treat it like any other Storm where my neighbors leave not that I am brave hell I could be the dumbest sob in the world but it doesn't make me freak out thinking that the end of the world is here

26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Y'know, the question isn't so much one of what will set off the lines of dominoes falling, as it is the number of dominoes and their divergent paths. Across the planet, look at all of the flash points for military conflict. Across the planet, look at all of the banks leveraged into oblivion. Across the planet, look at all of the debt-based economies -- i.e. money is borrowed into existence, to include the U.S. dollar. Across the planet, witness the cultural and economic divisions.

The question is, why hasn't this SNAFU already blown apart?! Me, I'm gobsmacked that this drunken clown is still wandering around on his stilts.

27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    What will cause the fall? Stupidity, Greed, Laziness... Man will always be his own worst enemy. When the USA was founded the founding fathers did a pretty good job of setting up a government that was kept from becoming onerous and destructive to its citizenry. Slowly those protections have been eroded to the point that we now have the government that they always feared. Democracy was never meant to mean a country ruled by idiots. The idea that a hundred idiots are better to chose our leaders than 10 geniuses is insane. Originally there were restrictions on who exactly could vote but now the Liberal Democrats are fighting making voters even identify themselves as citizens. In Chicago Vladimir Putin could vote. They are fighting to make illegal alien criminals instant citizens so they can vote for them.

GS AutoTech likes this.
  28. Denis_P

Denis_P Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    In my opinion, I think the most realistic scenario will be a combination of multiple factors which leads to collapse. For starters we have overpopulation. At the rate that we're going, there simply aren't going to be enough resources to sustain us all on planet Earth. Combined with overpopulation will be worsening growing conditions for crops which will cause food shortages. Food shortage on a mass scale will inevitably lead to violence and even possible wars across the globe. Worsening weather conditions and natural disasters will impact the infrastructure holding society together, eventually leading to collapse.

Though that's a very long-term scenario and assumes that climate change is going to be as bad as the predictions say. A quick one would be the obvious ones such a meteors, super volcanoes, or nuclear war.

29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    as regards overpopulation, I've been saying for years that humans will breed themselves out of existence.

30. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Agree but I think it maybe more about human quality than quantity! as our numbers go up our average IQ is going down!
    Mathamatical probability points to a mass die off but the survivors will be a lucky few of the morons not the intelligent ones!

So a few generations after a collapse the survivors may need to grow full body hair to keep warm again as clothing will be beyond the capabilities of most!

31. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i think its more about the resources.....or rather the lack of them.

32. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    I don't care for it either. Red script is like all caps. There is a time and a place for it. I think that people who post using red script are going to go insane and attack everyone else.

33. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you, Lonewolf. I personally believe that between economic and resource problems. A big change is coming. Exactly how and when it will happen and the speed at which it occurs is affected by so many variables it impossible for predictions. Change is coming. It always does.

34. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Snowflake.

Clearly he was the better choice over Benghazi Hillary.
    We had an election.
    It happens every 4 years.
    Someone looses.
    Get over it.
    We survived b.j.Bill just fine.
    And Nixon......." I am not a crook."

He was a crook.

I've never in all my many years as an adult seen so much snowflake
    whining over an election.
    Most likely because President Trump isn't a politician and IS a billionaire.

Get over it and get a life.

lonewolf likes this.
  35. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Loose the red script will ya.
    No need to present your ego need to be different here.
    Thanks.

lonewolf likes this.
  36. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I believe the most likely cause of a crisis is going to be something really
    nasty by radical Islam.
    Sooner or later a rogue nuke will find it's way into the hands of ISIS or
    some other radical Islamic group.
    It will be used someplace with a very high density population.
    After the collapse of the former Soviet Union small tactical nukes were
    sold to the highest bidder.
    No one knows how many but one is too many.
    Even a dirty bomb would cause deaths, sickness, and panic.
    A dirty bombs is not an explosive device but a radioactive material that
    spreads sufficient radiation to cause illness and death.

A dirty bomb or radiological dispersal device(RDD) is a speculative radiological weapon that combines radioactive material with conventional explosives. The purpose of the weapon is to contaminate the area around the dispersal agent/conventional explosion with radioactive material, serving primarily as an area denial device against civilians. It is however not to be confused with a nuclear explosion, such as a fission bomb

From wiki.

Imagine dumping a dirty bomb in a large water reservoir?

Radical Islam would do such a thing.

Since the birth of Islam in year 610 the goal of Islam has been total world dominance.
    This will always be the goal of Islam.
    Get used to it.

37. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The most likely physical cause of a world wide collapse is a MASSIVE coronal mass ejection that hits the world head on. This is something that is GOING to happen. The last time towards the end of the 1800s we were just starting to use electrical power. Now we are totally dependent on it and the EMP an X class CME would generate will wipe us out as far as electrical power. Suddenly the first world countries will actually be worse off than the third world countries are now and the third world countries that depend on the charity of the first world nations will experience a die off of mammoth proportions. We KNOW that this is coming and past due but stupidity and greed keep us from doing anything to minimize or shorten the collapse. Even if it is a localized effect of say the US or just Europe imagine what 2 years of no power, no water, no transportation, no communication and no food transport would do to a country.

There are lots of other possibilities, but they are mostly things that happen every few hundred thousand to millions years. The Coronal mass ejections happen every year. Sooner or later one will his us. This is something that probably happens every few centuries. It just never mattered much in the past other than making scary lights in the night skies. The aurora borealis would be fantastic and world wide!! A lovely end of civilization.

38. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Coronal mass ejection, gamma ray burster, alien invasion, asteroid strike, WW III,............
    What me worry?
    No.
    There is nothing anyone can do about anything with a slight possible exception
    of WW III.
    Even at that survival of an all out nuclear world war is problematic at best.

If I recall correctly one star that could go super nova is pointed right
    at us.
    Gamma rays will go right through this planet and destroy every living thing.
    We won't even feel it.
    Gamma rays destroy our d.n.a. and we'll die painfully.
    There is nothing I or you can do about any of that.
    I'll prep for things I can do something about.
    Like an alien invasion.
    I want them to take me away from here.:p
    Frankly if aliens come here they would be from another star system and
    be far more scientifically advanced than we are.
    I doubt they'd eat us.
    We have been sending radio waves since radio was invented.
    What if they are watching Little Rascals?
    Or Road Runner cartoons.
    Beep beep.

39. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    I happen to agree with you, Tex. Can I call you Tex? I follow a youtuber who does a daily video that's about 6 minutes long. About 2 1/2 minutes are useful info to me. He takes NASA info and packages it to be compact and useful I feel. I also consider the possibility of NK attempting nukes. Not as likely but still possible. If they were able to it would more likely be limited.

A slow grind do is a problematic situation that I think is more difficult to prepare for. Any of the situations that can cause a more immediate problem is what I consider to be a shtf scenario. The sun is so powerful. Like a tsunami. You had better know and recognize whats happening immediately. Just like the little girl who was praised for saving a few people when she began telling her family what she learned in school about tsunami's. They took action and survived. Others walked onto the beach as the water receded. Only to die.

The Carrington Event burned up telegraph poles. The wires had glass insulators. The wires got hot enough that the glass still caused some poles to catch fire.

I prepare in what little ways I can. I want my children to survive. Hope it doesn't happen but prepare when able. I do not spend every moment thinking about it.

EMP is the worse case that can happen. Largest possible die off will occur. Not from the EMP itself but from the after effect. Infrastructure that no longer provides the food and water needed to the people who think milk, eggs and potatoes come from a store. People who can't change a tire. People who can't walk a few miles.

Third world countries will be least effected.

If its worst case. Most will die quickly. Weak minds and/or weak bodies and/or unprepared.

40. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I suppose there are some people in some areas that wouldn't even notice
    a shtf situation.

41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    forget natural occurances, SHTF will be caused by a man made event, politicians would be top of my list.

42. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    some countries are already in a shtf situation, Syria, South Africa, Zimbabwe, just to name 3.

43. koolhandlinc

245/345

Blog Posts:
    I do believe politicians will likely cause us a shtf situation. More likely than the sun. But I consider Iran and NK getting together and launching a few nukes near our coast with areal burst planned a political event. Also while that would be devastating for myself and my family here. It would not end the entire world. Just a lot of North America as we know it.

44. AMSemple

AMSemple Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    As the days pass, I strongly feel CME or EMP are by far the most likely scenarios in my lifetime.

45. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well right now we have North Korea threatening to nuke Darwin in our North. Darwin is a good distance from us, & the wind here blows predominantly from South to North & sometimes from the West. However, many of the city food supplies come from the Territory, so if Darwin is nuked, there will be shortages in the supermarkets Australia wide.
    Keith.

46. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    My family in Southern Appalachia were not devastated by the Great Depression. This affected where they worked. My paternal grandfather got too crippled to work the iron mines, yet shot critters from his car's driver window and Grandma still had farming relatives . My maternal grandfather had been a subsistence hunter / fisherman (taught me how to hunt & fish); he and my maternal grandmother had farming and mountain kin. Even when I was a kid, these folk and the rest of my kin taught me how to get by up in the mountains, stuff that had been going on in S.Appalachia for well over a hundred years, stuff their grandparents had brought over from Scotland and Germany. One lived off the land, sold pelts, maybe sometimes work for others, but have the land to return to if things went bad.

You can imagine how I see urban folk who are dependent on others, people pretty much utterly non-self-sufficient. I'm dumbfounded. It is as if they have chosen to be crippled people. Meanwhile, the wife and I are putting back food for winter; she's frozen zucchini, our pickled peppers turned out great (yep, already opened a jar), for bulk starch I'm storing rice & dried beens in jars with oxygen-absorber packs, adding whiskey to my spiced apple cider (heavier on the rye this time 'round; for the colder nights, don't'cha'know). I'm gonna add insulation up in the attic. Traded around on some rifles & shotguns & scopes & sights in past three years, so have been out scouting new ranges, and sighting-in anything I had been unsure of. Older eyes and cataract surgery means that I've investigated & experimented with laser and red-dot technology both for me and the wife -- I'm old and thus perfectly willing to cheat, to include batteries. Got the fireplace and its cooking hardware put right. Garden is still providing peppers and squash; frost is on its way, however. Gonna buy me a squat cast-iron grill for the fireplace and cook hotdogs and hamburgers in the dead of winter; maybe hang me a huge pot of beans over the logs; stews, we'll try stews. I may be on my last run, but I ain't dead yet.

I've never traded in a car or truck until it was worn out ... utterly worn out. Looks like I'm doing the same with my body.

Keith H. likes this.
  47. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    What will cause the SHTF? Which SHTF?! I look at the world and see dominoes all lined up. I see houses, buildings, civilizations, all built of precariously stacked cards. I see people dousing themselves with gasoline and buying matches.

Here in America, the economy will tank and people won't "get it". I mean they at first will NOT understand that money can be wiped out. Actually, most of America's retirement funds have been royally raided already.

This is how stupid people have gotten, "But it's money -- money is money, right?!" The whole paper and ink thingy/IOU doesn't soak into their heads. Sad. We have all of this division here in the former USA, your proverbial "pot getting ready to boil"; now add economic crumbling, government checks losing >80% of their value, and NO WAY OUT OF IT. Talk about some violent redistribution of wealth on the horizon! Oooooh, the cities they soooooo gonna burn!

The Earth itself is getting restless what with all of the fleas infesting it's skin and fur, scratch-scratch. "Earthquakes and hurricanes, the coastlines are crumbling, ..." Imagine Julie Andrews singing this to the tune of "My Favorite Things".

Bad things happen.

The above three words do not seem in any way radical to me. For most spoiled Westerners, those three words are blasphemy. Such a phrase proceding out of your mouth is proof that you are mentally unstable. "This is the modern age. Science is our Salvation. It has been proven that if things do go wrong, there is a solution. The government will simply take care of all of this."

The denial of storms creates category 5 hurricanes.

The ready availability of victims generates violence.

And Shiva likes to dance.

Keith H. likes this.
  48. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Whether it is a natural disaster or a man made on the real cause of mankind's downfall will be simple STUPIDITY! We KNOW that it is just a matter of time before we get hit by a big rock or some sort of stellar radiation from our sun or another one. Suns have a really long reach when they do something big. We make no move to prepare for this sort of possibility other then a seed vault someplace in the arctic. The thing is that history proves that this sort of thing along with periods of active vulcanization DO happen on a regular basis.

Sooner or later SOME ego maniac is going to launch a nuke or they are going to get small enough to be carried in through any one of the USA's porous borders. Once that fuse is lit I honestly don't know how far it will go.

At some point people are going to get sick and tired of crazy people rioting and killing innocent people. If the wrong people riot in the wrong place the blood in the streets is going to flow knee deep. That is another thing that once started will be hard to stop. A riot in Texas would be horrific. You try to pull me out of my truck and I will shoot you in the face!! You come into a Texas business and start attacking people half of them are armed and really are seriously good shots!! The only time an Islamic terrorist group tried to attack on Texas land they were killed by a security dude. You can't count the one on the military base because that is national property and soldiers are not allowed to have guns. ?????????????????

There are a lot of tensions in Countries all over the world. People are getting stupider every year it seems like to me. The only good thing is that if things go totally to pieces the liberals will be history. Their dependency on government handouts and anti gun or weapons of any kind actually will kill them in a real world where people deal with problems in a more forceful manner. It wasn't that long ago that thieves , rapists and murderers were just taken out and killed. The lazy were allowed to starve to death and rude people could be challenged and killed for their rudeness. A duel was a long respected cure for rude people in may parts of the world.

The wrong person elected could throw a country into a revolution. The US feeds a lot of people and when those shipments stop the problems will spread like a forest fire. The world is mostly tied into an international economy now and if ANY of the big countries go down the rest will quickly follow. A world war will kill more people from starvation and disease than bullets by a HUGE factor.

Whatever it is though STUPIDITY will be at the base of it.

49. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    SHTF will be caused by human nature, humans always want what they haven't got and the other person has.
    so NK, Trump, China, Iran, Russia etc.etc. take your pick and batten down the hatches.

Keith H. likes this.
  50. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Keeping up with the Jones's. Solar power is growing over here despite out governments efforts to promote fossil fuel electricity. But people want more & more. In the summer months which are now spreading beyond its boundaries due to global warming, it is the use of air conditioning. In winter it is heating. Solar may be our savoir, because without it & wind power this lot would surly bring the grid down.
    Keith.