When your country has many problems, shouldn't you leave?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by hades_leae, Jul 8, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    With all that is going on in America, the gun violence, school shootings, lack of good health care, corrupt election, politicians, federal officials in general, but with lack of proof, national deficit crisis that really doesn't seem like it's going to ever be taken care of, many international wars, so much conflict of interest within the government, disruptive justice system, social inequality, countless petty laws, and much more.

When you live in a nation with such an unwanted economic system, why not leave? There are people who already do this, but why doesn't it happen on a national level? It's not like the people have to in there countries, they are not obligated, or bound to any borders because we are all products of life.

Why not just leave? Should leaving be looked at as abandonment of ones own nationality, and also seen as a cowardly move or the person leaving can be seen as someone who is looking out for his or her way of life.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. rootle

rootle New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Well for all the problems America might have, it still has one of the best economies and provides a quality of life that's not common in most parts of the world. It's also a matter of culture, if you were born and raise in America it's obviously going to be difficult for you to just decide to leave and live in Japan or France or something. It's also to with loyalty to the nation, or sentimental attachment to where you grew up. I'm from a Third World country and it has several problems but I don't really plan on leaving, I'd rather stay and try to help improve matters. At some point, I guess it can get too much too deal with but America is a long, long way from getting to that point.

joewhitecrow likes this.
  3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    Leaving the country is the choice of most of my countrymen. However, for us it is okay to be in a problematic country as long as we are contented with our life. My husband had an approved petition for immigration to the US in 2007 but we chose to remain in the Philippines because we have a good life here - financially secured with our own house in a nice neighborhood and a good job so what is there to ask for? If we went to the US, what job would I have there, a waitress? And my husband might be a gas station attendant? We are living comfortably here and although our country has many problems, which country has no problem?

joewhitecrow likes this.
  4. CarlosTL

CarlosTL New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I agree in principle, yes you should leave if you carefully assess the situation as bad/critical with no positive outlook whatsoever. However the US is still a better option than many other places on this planet; it has a good population to resources ratio, there are still some state which offer a considerable amount of freedom and sovereignty and has a history and tradition of survivalists, so it may not be as bad afterall. One should maybe consider moving within the United States before deciding to leave for another location (say Latin America as this choice seems popular right now)

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    Every country has its good parts and bad parts but at the end of the day you're the one that decides if you stay or not, so choose wisely because being an expat is not an easy task. You have to prepare a job, save up money, visas and all that "fun" stuff just to put your foot on the door, I'm not even going to mention the cultural differences that will definitely make an impact.

6. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Before one can decide to leave the country you are living in, you have to find a country that is better than the one you are in. I have not found one yet.
    Keith.

joewhitecrow likes this.
  7. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yep this!

And "MEN" generally stand and fight to better things where as mere males and females generally flee like slaves!

8. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    I have to disagree with that. You don't owe your country your allegiance. There is no man or woman who is not a product of life by default. If my nation has problems that the people know the government can fix in an instance, and they choose not to...it's not a true democracy.

I don't believe in living in a country where they have laws, but are selective about them. My life can be lived else where.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Then Sir/Mam you have no right to citizenship or voting in that country and you should leave!:)

10. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Totally agree, but each individual has to decide what are their personal priorities, & before moving make sure that they are actually gaining something elsewhere. The Australian government is totally corrupt, local councils are not much better. But where else in the world could I afford to purchase my own forest? Despite the gun paranoia in Australia & the government's wish to disarm the populace, where else in the world would I be able to own & use firearms? Our freedoms are being threatened here, & we have lost many of our human rights already, but we still have some left. If I could find a better country to live in, I would move there in an instant.
    Keith.

11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I love my country and i love my part of the country and i don't think i want to live anywhere else, i'm very much of a nationalist, and my thinking is if there is a problem with our country then we stay and fix it not run away.
    good job people didn't run away 1939-1945 eh??

12. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    There you go a good example of "MAN" thought not that effeminate gurly running away stuff!

13. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I think that all countries have problems. America has many but there are other countries with problems way more bad than what we have. Some countries barely have any food to keep their population fed. Yeah, we have problems with the economy and school shootings but that can happen in literally any country.

14. hpro hamed

hpro hamed New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I think it depends to the country
    A country like USA or Australia, if you are a citizen of one of them, when your country has so many problems you should stay and try to fix it but some countrys like Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq when you are citizens of this kind of countrys I think it's better for you to leave and try to help from outside if you wanted to.
    because in this kinds of countrys if you are not a gun man so you can not do anything for your country so you should leave there and try to settle somewhere else.
    I am right now in a refugee camp in Indonesia and I am under protect of UNHCR and yes that's what I did I couldn't help so I came here

15. sanny99

sanny99 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Trophies Awarded to sanny99
    1. 1
      Awarded: 34 minutes ago
      Newbie Survivalist
      Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

16. sanny99

sanny99 New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I think it depends to the country where you are living
    A country like Canada, Dunai, USA or Australia, if you are a citizen of one of them, when your country has so many problems you should stay and try to fix it because it has realliy good opportunities for your future and has alot of jobs that pays good amounts compared to the rest of the countrys but some countrys like Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq when you are citizens of this kind of countrys I think it's better for you to leave because of the politics that want to make this citicens much more poor than they already are and other reason is because of the wars that are happeninig and the best solution is trying to find better country that provindes a good and calm lifestyle to live istead of being in the risk of being killed by bad people.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I personally would never leave the UK, i'm a very patriotic Englishman born and bred , but I can see why other people would want to leave the war torn areas of the world, but you cant just move half the world from one side of the globe and expect the other half to absorb the numbers, we haven't got enough housing for all the people here now never mind the ones to follow. then there is the strain on the infrastructure, the NHS, power supplies, the sewage and the drains, the roads etc.etc.

18. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I am not a patriot of any country, & I do not owe any allegiance to any country. If the majority of citizens can't be bothered to do anything about the government corruption, why should I beat my head against the wall? I am here in Australia because despite the problems due to our corrupt government & greedy corrupt local councils, I still have more freedom here & a better quality of life for myself & my family. IF there were a better country that offers a better life, then & would move there in an instant. As for others, it all depends on what it is you want from life. If you are happy with your lot, then obviously stay put.
    Keith.

19. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Well I'm not against leaving the US, but mainly just because I want to see the world, and reconnect with my African and European roots, and you can always come back if it doesn't work out, some of the same issues here in the US are global, so I'm not sure if leaving is the best solution, the luxuries of America make it hard to just move anywhere in the world.

20. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Let me say categorically that leaving your country due to the economic crisis, social inequality, poor health care etc is not a sign of weakness or a cowardly act. My family comes first before anybody or any country. Therefore, leaving my country to a better place, a place with great prospective for me is not a sign of unpatriotism but a sign that i am ready to take up the responsibility of my family even if it means leaving the country.

Keith H. likes this.
  21. TheRealFlyness

TheRealFlyness New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes its not easy to just get up and leave. You have to consider that you are also leaving your family behind and even friends. There's has been a lot of talk recently about people from United States moving to Canada because of the whole Donald Trump thing, but who is actually going to get up and move to a whole different country where you aren't use to what they practice.

22. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    i'm a patriot and a nationalist, i'll stay where I am.

23. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Maybe I'm exaggerating, but thinking about that way is a little bit of selfishness (not to say another word).

The right thing to do is to leave the country (regardless of what is happening at the moment) if it's for your personal and / or professional growth. In this case, it wouldn't be an "abandonment" of the country, but a search for self-growth.

24. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well said wizzy, totally agree [​IMG]
    Keith.

25. Chiari

Chiari New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    You should live wherever you want despite the love you feel for your country. If you find a great job overseas, why not taking the chance? I don't see anything wrong. The U.S. have a strong economy but there are other countries who offer a good quality of living as well.

26. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Alot of people have left their motherlanes for various reasons. I input that this is not necessarily a negative since migrants go to other countries and come back with additional skills, experiences and a fresh insight into life. Not to mention the fact that they repartriate sums of cash into their countries or origin to development projects and support their relatives.

27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    good job we Brits didn't have that attitude in WW2 isn't it? nobody ran away then, we all pulled together and we all fought together, our cities got bombed to hell but we stayed put.

28. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    And sadly most like you bring the seeds of doom with you!
    If one surveys most countries it is their religion that makes it a good or bad country!
    What makes most western countries good is the lack of religious control!
    All Islamic countries are up the shit with people fleeing to non Islamic countries where things are soooo much better
    But they insist in bringing the cause of all there homeland shit their islam with them infecting the new country!

Yes come to the west if you want a better life but leave that damned religion behind!

29. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    My country is still relatively peaceful. I wouldn't really consider leaving it. For all its faults of government, racism, religionism and etc... it's still tolerable for now. Many of my friends have left, they said it's for a better life. But I also have friends who have returned and do not want to leave. Then there are friends who have moved here from abroad, and they find it safe and beautiful.

30. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Packing up and leaving isn't always that easy. It costs a lot of money, first off. And we are kind of bound by these borders if we can't get a passport for any number of reasons, or if we're on a no fly list. And, the biggest issue, is leaving people you care about. What if my adult daughter doesn't want to go the someplace I do? Or what if my parents don't want to pack up and move to somewhere new this late in life? Once you have built your entire life somewhere, leaving now at isn't that easy.

31. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I like your rationality.

I've met people who just pick up and leave, no matter what. They can cut ties with parents, family, friends and anybody else just to move to the far side of the world.

32. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    When communication with the other side of the world isn't so easy, they may regret that decision, too. I think they assume they will always have their smart phone for video chats or sending cute pictures of the kids. But what happens when that phone doesn't work anymore?

33. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    No, never. We can't just keep running away from problems. We could. But what if another country we went to started having problems as well. Would you run again?

We are living in crisis right now, people are being treated the way they are, but we can't just run away and pretend nothing is happening. We need to act, to change ourselves, our system. That is the only true way to deal with problems. Cut it at it's roots. If it means changing the entire system, so be it. We can't live depending on something that isn't working properly. We could, but for how long?

34. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I don't really think leaving my country because it going through a lot of problem will ever make the situation any better or can guarantee that the country am traveling to will be safe or would not still undergo their problem soon. Running from a country's problem does not solve anything, because if the problem keeps coming the individual will keep running and that will result to excess expenditure but being courageous and brave to with stand the problem and hope for a change or betterment is wisdom.

35. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Just a smart phone doesn't cut it, no? There's nothing like physical contact with your loved ones. Imagine the loneliness.

Yes, some people say it's all to do with your comfort zone bla bla bla... but you know what, when you're lying awake at night, half a world away from your loved ones and questioning if this life is worth it, suddenly that comfort zone looks reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good.

Kanagirl likes this.
  36. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    Well I can tell you the grass is not I say not greener on the other side we really do have it good here in the us

37. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Sounds very selfish sometimes but there are cases where there is no other option, a war may have erupted or your family lives in ruin any reason to leave is valid only if you ask if it is really worth the sacrifice and if you have good reasons to do so.

38. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There exist states within the United States that actually recognize the Constitutional rights of the people; this is often referred to as following the "original intent" of the Constitution. In such states, one has much Liberty and the ability to defend that Liberty with deadly force. Even though many states within the USA have gone anti-Constitution / anti-Liberty, one can leave such states and move to Heartland American states. If the federal government ever attempts to suppress Liberty in Heartland American states, civil war will be generated and the U.S. dollar will tank, if the currency didn't collapse before the government clamp-downs. The nature of the war will be guerilla, with assassinations, "shoot and scoot" attacks, and infrastructure destruction in every state (blue and red states). Soldiers and police will not receive pay during such times due to currency collapse, first the dollar, then the replacement currency. As was the case during hurricane Katrina, many soldiers and police will likely become the looters and the most dangerous aggressors. Most people in uniform will likely return to their families to ensure their safety -- who would blame them for doing so!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  39. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't leave my country because of too much problems. All countries have problems but some only have few and some have many. I would leave my country if there is an opportunity to work abroad or migrate when my family is there but aside from that, I wouldn't leave.

40. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Yes, if it's a really dire situation then you should leave the country. BUT, I have issues regarding what happens after you move out. People out there are going to be racist. Doesn't matter where, and I'm not saying everyone is. But there's always that person or group of persons that would see you as an outsider coming in their land and using up their resources. The language barrier would be a pain as well, and religion can be another factor too. For me I'd rather stick to people who speak my language and share a common country since there's an unseen bond there where they can't really discriminate against you. Just my two cents.

41. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, especially if you are already settled down in your country, the transition to a different country would be really difficult.

If you don't have relatives in the country you are moving onto, you'll have to take a lot into consideration, like where the place you'll live, looking for a job, and the impending culture shock you might experience.

42. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Running away is not always the best solution.Yes you might come from a country that is drowned with many problems but I like to constantly remind myself that I was put there for a reason,and so are each and every one of us in the different countries that we reside in. The question we should be asking ourselves is, what solutions can we provide to some of the problems that our respective nations are facing?

43. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    With all of the faults listed in the original post I would challenge anyone to find a country on this planet where almost all of them don't exist. First question if you are going to run away is "Where are you going to go?" Where do you think you will have a better life style? If you think that place exists are they going to let you in? Can you find a job, or a way to make a living?

There are things that could be improved. There are things that could be done better, but this is still the greatest country the world has ever known. There is still more freedom, liberty, and opportunity. More people have been lifted from poverty in the Capitalist, Free Market economy than any other system. I would never even think about leaving.

I would be very interested to hear what country you think is better.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  44. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    only immigrants from 3rd world countries think the pavement/sidewalk is paved with gold.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  45. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:

Comparatively speaking to them it probably is when you look at what they are coming from.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  46. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Now days, nobody has the time, desire, or interest in pulling together. The world is mostly a me me me mind set.
    Not everybody, but a whole bunch. I believe this is another sign of the times. Oh bother.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  47. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    We only tend to pull together during times of national crisis. The rest of the time we focus on our own issues. That does not have to reflect a me,me, me attitude, just YOUR priorities may not match mine.

48. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think in a SHTF crisis we are better off staying away from the unprepared masses, the "London riots" gave us a taste of how people will behave in the 21st century.