Will America's Upcoming War With North Korea Trigger A Nuclear Conflict?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Old Geezer, Apr 29, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Whether now or in the near future, there will be an internal overthrow of North Korea's Kim Jong-un or America is going to disgorge some serious armaments on North Korea. Will this go nuclear? If you think it will, will your area be affected by such a nuclear exchange?

Me, I've ordered some Potassium Iodide tablet packs. Have some potassium iodate, but this formulation can have some rather nasty negative side effects on the human body. I've some oxygen absorbers.

Economic aspects should be considered as another topic ... China and/or Russia acting to collapse the U.S. dollar in response to a military conflict is heading out on a tangent.

Is the possibility of a war with North Korea changing anyone's behaviors?

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Nope not a problem for me!
    Russia or China acting to collapse the US dollar no way not in there interests
    One must remember that Russia and China have no interest in a conflict with the USA it is actually the USA bully boy tactics telling other countries what they can and cant do
    that is fueling most of the worlds hotspots!
    I do not get why a country with thousands of nukes and missiles can tell another nation what to do regarding the same weapons!
    I got a gun but I say you can't have one! what a load of bully boy bollocks!

3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    NK dosent have the capability of waging war-on anyone much less the US, most of the military weapons you see on TV are fake, and their rockets explode on takeoff. its all bullshit and bluster, and its mostly for home consumption to keep the NK population under control.

Prairie Dog likes this.
  4. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    maybe maybe not!

5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    N.Korea couldn't fight a face-to-face war. They can sell missiles to Iran (already are) and then provide nuclear warheads to those missiles when they develop the technology to further miniaturize such warheads. N.Korea could sell sub-bomb-grade radioactive materials to Iran or terrorist groups for use in a "dirty-bomb". N.Korea could sell the suitcase-size nukes they likely acquired after the breakup of the former Soviet Union. These could be sold to terrorist groups or could be moved into a small nation that engages in trade with the U.S. then placed in one of the hundreds of thousands of containers being shipped into the U.S.. Although such suitcase devices only possess the power of field-grade nukes, still the psychological effect of such a detonation on the citizens of a major city would be profound. Such devices may already be in the USA, deployed in multiple cities -- i.e. set off one device, then make demands of the USA lest the next and the next and the next devices go off in random cities.

North Korea's full-sized subs are old Soviet boats made of steel and are thus readily detectable by our Navy's magnetic-anomaly devices. However, N.Korea has miniature subs made of materials that make them almost non-detectable. These could be deployed to ports in Japan or other regional ports where the USA docks its naval vessels. The nuke carried in such a boat would then be detonated. Or, radioactive material towed behind the mini-sub could be dropped off and detonated with conventional explosives to cover that port city in radioactive waste.

Another scenario: Seoul South Korea is only 35 miles from the N.Korean border. N.Korea has deployed and unimaginable amount of conventional artillery and missiles so as to be able to hit Seoul before anything defensive can be done on the part of the South. The only real solution is for the U.S. to take out that artillery -- which is utterly impossible short of the use of nukes. If the North decides to hit the South, then the U.S. would be forced to go nuclear.

China and Russia are currently buying gold hand-over-fist. Gold-producing Russia is buying gold -- that's downright crazy unless they are readying an alternative petro-currency. China is tapering off on buying U.S. treasury bonds and wish to dominate Southeast Asia. Think maybe China is tired of being economically dependent on the USA?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-us-dollar-global-markets-shift-gold-standard

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-explosive-split-international-banking-system

Not only are the major economies of this planet destabilizing, so are the balances in military force. An "earthquake" is coming.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  6. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Equating the giving of permission to North Korea to become another nation armed with intercontinental ballistic missiles to the human right of arms possession, is like saying, "It is OK for felons to arm-up." North Korea is a rogue nation. The civilized nations of the world consider it so. Even Russia and China are profoundly unhappy with North Korea. North Korea with its moral homunculus toad-dictator in charge is not simply another innocuous world nation.

7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    North Korea is not a Rogue Nation. That is what the the west has deemed it to be!

North Korea has not sent its fleets out to dominate the seven saes, North Korea has not invaded other nations just for profit or forcing regieme change!
    North Korea has not used nukes on its enemies, North Korea has for six decades kept its military inside its borders!
    The USA has done all these aggressive things so who is the bad guy???
    Is the bad guy the one who strives for nukes or the one who has plenty and has used them before???

One might want to actually think before setting ones opinions in concrete!

8. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its not up to one nation to tell another what it should do within its own borders, no matter how self righteous the first country may feel.
    there is a saying here :" if it dosent involve British people, British business or British territory, we should mind our own business", most wars are started by involving ourselves in other countries affairs, take Syria for instance which started as a civil war, Syrian versus Syrian.
    foreign countries should be allowed to evolve at their own rate and in whichever way they want, it is not up to us to dictate what form that should take.
    I mean, this idea that one country that has nuclear weapons can dictate to another country that they cannot have nuclear weapons is bordering on bullying.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  10. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Maybe some commie Chinese assassin will take L'il Kim out and blame it on President Trump and
    the C.I.A.?
    I doubt L'il fat boy will be missed by any.

11. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    As of now, I don't see a nuclear war in the issue of US versus North Korea. It looks like China is mediating with both parties although Kim Jong Un of Korea looks adamant with his nuclear testing. But I believe that President Kim is just bluffing, trying to show muscles that they don't have. So if ever a war breaks out between the US and North Korea, I don't think it will be a protracted war but a brief one... that's discounting the role of China. But if the Chinese will side with North Korea then that would be a different story altogether. Expect the nuclear bombs to be flying.

12. Claude Jester

Claude Jester New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    The US government has eyes on North Korea and Kim Jong Un from the skies, ground, and literally every angle and they show him all the time on national news. If the United States military knows every move that they make, there is no way he can attack the US and even if Kim launches a missile to reach us the air force would immediately destroy it out of the sky and plus there is US military right beside North Korea and that's South Korea and many are stationed in Japan. North Korea is cornered from all angles. The only risk besides North Korea is secret ties with another powerful country that the US doesn't know about. It could be any country.

13. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I doubt President Trump will take much crap from Li'l Fat Boy.

14. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    In 1994, the Clinton administration convened the military brass to mull on the possibility of attacking North Korea. It emerged that the US stood to lose 50,000 soldiers not to mention civilian deaths and collateral damage. How about today when NK has advanced missiles and already nuclear armed in addition to conventional military might. Rest assured, the only solution for North Korea is containment and rapprochement.

15. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Not to mention China getting knee deep into it.

China has one expendable resource no other nation has.

People.

16. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    No news agent has gone into NK to confirm that they are not missile or if they are any so let not judge by what we don't know,if the US declares war on NK and decides to use a nuclear weapons then China and Russia will strike back because it is the chances they have been looking for. It would be a war of nuclear warheads which will devastate the earth.

17. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    We DO know.
    Satellites and radar.
    I seriously doubt the U.S. would use nukes.
    We have better weapons anyway and nukes are just not necessary.

18. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Don't take NK for granted, US lost to the communist Vietnam when they were backing the South, NK is getting enough material from China and Russia which makes them a close allies including Iran, all this nation can defeat the US with or without their nuclear weapons. North Korea has other harmful weapons other than their nuclear warhead.

19. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    What is this crap about " the giving of permission" No nation needs the "permission " of another nation in anything!
    Neither the UN or USA own NK ! They can do as they please just like the USA and most other nations do!
    No it is not just another nation!
    But if opinions are left out the single worst nation on earth for war making is the good old USA
    Pot calling the kettle black!

20. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Exactly, no organization or country has the right to tell another independent country what to do, what to produce or even how to produce it. US and UN always clamor for self determination when they still plan on controlling other countries, now that NK is preparing it military for any attack by the US or the South they are now feeling hostile. For the fact that the US has nuclear weapons any country has the power to acquire nuclear weapons too, they are both independent.

21. Jack Frost

Jack Frost New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    I live right next to the Canadian border. Canada is just a simple Maple syrup loving country. If anyone goes to war with the US and sends some nukes over, I'll just slip over into Canada. Realistically, I think that the tension with North Korea is exaggerated. America is still the only superpower in the world. If, China were to team up with Russia, and the Islamic nations, that might be a valid threat. North Korea itself would get blown off the face of the earth, if they attempted nuclear war solo.

22. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    NK may not be easily destroyed by the US on an all scale war, NK has been preparing their military and armed since the end of Korean war. It seems likely that the NK will either invade South Korea or will be invaded by the US but don't forget that NK has allies incase they is any conflict.

23. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    North Korea is a nation that will intentionally use its weapons against civilian populations, just as did North Vietnam (murdered 1,000,000 South Vietnamese, Laotian, and Montagnard after the U.S. pulled out), just as did NAZI Germany. Does anyone believe that South Korea deserves being raped into submission by the North? Do civilized people stand by and watch a murder and not act to save the victim?

A man stands up against bullies.

http://www.nytimes.com/1964/03/27/37-who-saw-murder-didnt-call-the-police.html?_r=0

24. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    While the fat boy and North Korea can't hit the mainland US there are several juicy American targets that are within their range...or they could just say boink it and his Seoul or Tokyo. The problem is that China does not want to have an enemy American sponsored country for their immediate next door neighbors. North Korea exists for that one reason and for only that reason. We went to the Yalu River and if the President hadn't been a coward we would have eliminated the problem. But alas Truman pulled MacArthur not just back but brought him home and the China backed North Koreans proceeded to push us back to where the line is today. His weak support of the Chinese Nationalists against the Indochinese communists is what made North Korea a must to the Chinese. They KNEW that we were their enemy. That attitude is still alive and well in China today so don't think that if we roll into North Korea that we will JUST have to deal with Fat Boy and his paper-mache military. Also don't expect much from our South Korean "Allies". If the first Korean war was any example they will be a lot like the French were for the Allies and the Italians were for the Axis in WW2 and not real helpful.

I don't think a war with North Korea would amount to much. The Fat Boy has treated his people so badly that if we would just kill him the rest would happily surrender. With that said though I remember a bunch of poor Iraqi soldiers that thought that way only to be murdered by George the useless when he left Saddam in power and let him kill all officers and their families that had surrendered. Ole George, he could really snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. George the Second "Gee Dumbaya" was pretty good at that too. What I worry about is that based on the last 65 years of American military history I'm not sure that we are capable of fighting a war to a successful completion. That means that we destroy the enemy nation, kill their leadership and then set up a successful non American government to run the country so we can go home at the end of the war.

I am not a pacifist nor am I in any way denigrating the US military. The problem is a government that won't let the soldiers soldier. Soldiers are not cops and a war is NEVER a police action. That is strictly the idea of FOOLS that have never been in a fight.

25. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    Yes but who defines the bullies?
    The biggest bully is and has been for many decades the USA !:oops:
    again pot calling the kettle black!:rolleyes:

26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Had the USA been a bully, it would have scraped the Earth clean of its enemies decades ago.
    Currently, it is in style to blame the USA for the woes of the world -- just like a teenager blaming his or her parents for the troubles of adolescence.
    Hyper-neurotic non-adult college professors (who couldn't make it in the real world) enjoy biting the hand that feeds them and their sycophantic students parrot what they heard while attending the last bastion of communism, Western universities.

27. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    US shouldn't decide for any country on what to produce or arm their military. Every nation is entitled to self determination, that is what sovereign is, for the fact that North Koreans are not complaining about their leader and living on what he dictates then who is the US to intervene. If the people of the North don't want their president they would revolt and the world would notice. Let the US leave NK alone to avoid further excavation of conflict.

28. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    OK, I generally try to avoid pointing this out because it generally isn't well recieved but it is something that Americans and our allies need to understand. To some extent we are the cause of this problem. History has shown that countries that we don't get along with end up being invaded and destroyed unless they have a nuclear option available. Look at Saddam Hussein and Omar Gaddafi and think of what they did and what we did to them and then look at the just endless crap that we have taken off the little Fat Boy. The facts are that Hussein didn't do much of anything that had to do with anything that he was actually amused of. The terrorists on 911 were almost totally from Saudi Arabia and the stories of the abuses in his conflict with Kuwaiti were later found to be lies. Gadaffi was not much of a problem and when we went after him we allied ourselves with and put into power there the Al Qaeda. Go us!!

If I was a smaller country, looking at recent history I would be scrambling for a nuke too. The stupid Fat Boy though doesn't understand the idea of mutually assured destruction. That means that you really don't EVER want to toss a nuke at anyone because they will throw one back at you. He doesn't much care what happens to his people and seems to think that he could ride out anything we tossed back at him and then reemerge victorious. That isn't even a very good fantasy. We would blow his butt to kingdom come, probably with non-nuclear weapons like MOAB, and then go in and dig him out just like we did Saddam Hussein in round two.

The problem with him is that he lives in a world surrounded by yes men that allow him to actually believe his fantasies. He is a megalomaniac mad man that WILL eventually those a bomb at somebody. In his mind this will make him a great military leader because the number of dead will be just out there unbelievable. (Millions if he hits any of several major cities withing his reach.) Once he has done this he is sure that the entire world, especially the cowardly Americans, will kotow to him and then see him as the great world leader that he is.

I see him like a dog with rabies. The world can't afford to let him live. I hope that at some point the US, Russia and China will get together and arrange an accident for him and then assist a more sane person to take his place. The sad problem there is that then the Americans would want to set up another Christian Democracy in a non-Christian country that will never work and be stable. We are destroying the Middle East trying to force Christian Democracy on Islamic people. We seem incapable of learning from our mistakes.

29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    what war?

30. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I have read through various war gaming scenarios. Pretty much all of them result in an Allied* victory and the end of the North Korean regime. However, pretty much all of them predict a bloodbath on the peninsula before that victory. With North Korea's present conventional forces, a massive chemical weapons stockpile, and a small number of crude atomic devices, it is not surprising that that would be the result. Here's hoping cooler heads prevail.

* There are variations on this that include just South Korea and the US, to others that include limited participation from Japan and Australia.

31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Don't you mean WHICH war?? Pick one they are all about the same anymore.

32. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    They don't have the capabilities YET. They also don't have anything stopping them from developing the capabilities. Ruling them out as a threat seems, to me, presumptuous. They can only fumble around for so long before they have an "Eureka" moment. Until someone can get in there to find out what they have and how close they are to having something bigger, we need to watch out for them. It's always better to expect the worst and prepare for it. Anyway, I don't personally believe they are as inept as people think. I HOPE they are, but I don't believe it.

33. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I am not sure what would happen should there be a nuclear war. It is a prospect I don't even want to think about. I guess I am wondering why Kim Jung Un is still in power. It seems like there would have to be a way to remove him. I mean the oppression of the North Koreans right now is so bad, I hardly think anyone worse would take his place. He must be extremely vigilant with his own security.

34. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Do you really think North Korean are complaining am how their leader or government are behaving,if the NKs are not satisfied with their leader they can start a rebel group in South Korean soil which the South would welcome as a great effort and even put in their support, but it seems like the United States is just pushing itself to hard on NK which may provoke a war and likely a ww3

35. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I doubt that North Korea will come out well in this war, if it happens.

36. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    THe NK people have been brain washed for years. They would have no idea how to overthrow Kim if they tried. They are very repressed and basically don't really know better, since they don't have access to communications in the outside world. They could not simply go to SOuth Korea and form a rebel group. Anyone even suspected of being against the regime ends up in a work camp or worse.

37. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    The pressure being put on N.Korea has two goals. One, the world is encouraging the military leadership of N.Korea to depose their cretin megalomaniac leader. Two, whatever N.Korea develops, N.Korea sells to Iran -- Israel and Saudi Arabia do not want to face a nuclear Iran. Remember that Iran just got tens of billions (more likely, hundreds of billions) of dollars-worth of assets returned by the Obama administration (Valerie Jarrett being the person controlling Obama; duel citizen Valerie Jarrett; born in Iran, Valerie Jarrett; married into a card-carrying communist family Valerie Jarrett). It gets complicated. Iran needs multi-stage missiles to accomplish its political / military goals -- and it is N.Korea who is their arms dealer. The N.Korea conflict is NOT just about N.Korea, no no no. Japan cannot in any way, shape, form, or fashion tolerate a Nuclear North Korea -- look at the map of the region.

38. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Japan has a formidable defense force.

39. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    One I am old! I have not been to a university except the university of Life!
    I do not blame the USA for the woes of the world but experience is pushing me in that direction!
    Democracy maybe the best system but it needs a people to ask for it and embrace it for it to work!
    Imposing democracy with military might against a peoples will is anti democracy in action! and is doomed to failure!
    Where ever the USA go's blood flows and a mess is left behind!

Kanagirl likes this.
  40. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    I got my first degree from a State college.
    LIBERAL, long haired, professors that reeked of pot, were always knocking the Government.
    Always.
    Tests were mostly essay tests except for physic and math.
    I write well and excel at essay tests getting "A"s mostly.
    One long hair liberal prof knew I was ex police and I could never get better than a "C" out of
    the pot head.
    My 2nd degree came from a Christian university where police weren't hated for being the police.
    I did quite well at that Geneva College.

41. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    That would be even less successful than the bay of pigs, in my opinion. Too many people are terrified. The few willing to rebel would be untrained and pretty likely to just panic when the time came. They would need serious back up and the on help anyone from the North could offer would be Intel. And they've been too careful to let that happen. The south may just as well attack on their own. They obviously aren't ready for that.

42. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Interesting facts about gun ownership in N.Korea.
    North Korea, strictly prohibits the use, ownership, manufacture, or distribution of firearms by any citizen not serving in the military or special sectors of the government "executing official duties." Anyone in violation of firearms laws are subject to "stern consequences."

Maybe why fat L'il Kim is still breathing.

molon labe

"Want my weapons? Come take them."
    King Leonidas of Sparta.

Of course NO OTHER country in the world has anything like a Second Amendment to the
    Constitution.
    Wonder why?
    Gun control has never been about guns. It's always been about people control.
    Our Founding Fathers knew how important weapons are to a free people.
    That is exactly why people in other countries aren't allowed firearms.
    They are not really free don'cha' know.
    Britain where even kitchen knives are regulated.
    When the Nazi Blitz ran Brits out of Europe at Dunkirk there were precious few guns
    even in the hands of the soldiers.
    Britain LOST 20% men and 80% material on the beaches of Dunkirk.
    Even Churchill remarked that citizens would have to fight with beer bottles as they
    had no guns.
    If Britain did not have an outnumbered but effective air force Brits might well be flying
    the Nazi flag today.
    Were it not for the U.S. the Brits would be Nazi's today.
    So would the French.
    Lots of American blood on French soil.
    Some from MY family.
    Survival. The price for freedom has always be bought in blood.
    Snowflakes don't understand that.

L'il fat boy will get his just rewards by some government if he keeps
    saber rattling.

43. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I don't see a war between NK and the US. North Korea is only trying to make itself appear to be large and intimidating as we have been told that we should try to do if being attacked by a bear. NK fears that the US may seek to influence an overrun of their country so they are doing a lot of chest puffing. The US knows that NK is seeking to be defensive so the situation has mostly boiled down to a war of words.

44. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    NK was just busy testing their weapons without making any remark to the World, even when it was sanctioned by UN for using nuclear weapons. What I don't get is why NK should be restricted from using nuclear weapons when United States possess those weapons,are they both not sovereign nations or members of UN. United States should not dictate "who gets what,when and how", it should be let to the country's capacity to have and maintain it. The world organization should just stand as regulators.

45. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Military might between North Korea and South Korea in a all out war shows a better chance for NK due to their military policies, the South cannot successfully invade the North without external help from the US and also China is not ready to have a government that is a puppet or satellite state to the US, so she will do the same as she has done in the last Korean war, support the North and fight the South.

Kanagirl and Harry Warren like this.
  46. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Countries that pose a threat to the US and show a propensity to act need to be monitored. Also, getting beyond the NK thing, some countries like Iran pose a serous threat to Israel one of our allies so disbanding the nuke program there only made sense to do regardless if you think the "deal" was a good idea or totally stupid and weak.

47. Nela Civobeg

Nela Civobeg Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    What if you were wrong. Does your country have an actual spy there to really know that all this is true. It could easily be a setup as well. That would be a smart play. Make your enemies think that you are unable to defend yourself, that you have faulty weapons and gear, but what if it proves different once you do decide you want to wage war with them.

This is really unneeded IMO. Stop putting your fingers on the trigger so easily. It could end up bad for all of us.

48. Harry Warren

Harry Warren New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes I just can't figure out what the New World Order folks want from the North Korea situation. With its proximity to both China and Russia, it seems like North Korea might be a pawn towards whatever their end game may be. It provides a cunning opportunity for the military industrial complex to build more weaponry which makes the fat cats more money. But don't they always make money from both sides of any conflict?

49. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    https://www.quora.com/Why-were-ther...eat-Depression-than-any-other-time-in-history

^^^ Really?

I read that if all people were destitute, broke, including the wealthy, in 5 years the same
    people that had been rich would be wealthy again and destitute would still be poor.

100% true.
    Poverty is a state if mind.

I'm 70, diabetic, somewhat crippled and my annual income is more than average
    Americans earn.
    I am NOT rich by any means but I don't miss any meals either.
    I drive a leased luxury s.u.v., have a small 3 bedroom home on 15 acres of woods, nice guns
    and plenty of ammo, fishing gear galore, go to the Florida home 3 X or more a year....................

I think I owe too much money in bills and am working on eliminating as many as possible.
    My investments are doing o.k. and I QUIT handing out money to my adult kids!
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Why in the *ell are people so jealous of those that live well or are well off?
    Welfare is NOT a multi-generational way of life for cryin' out loud!
    Crap I'm thinking of getting a part time job doing anything to buy more prepping
    goodies.
    I WORK for all I have.
    I grew up quite poor.
    By first basket ball? A PIG BLADDER that we made soft and blew up and let it
    dry in the sun.
    The hoop? A bucket with the bottom rusted out.
    When 10 I got some small steel traps and ran a trap line for muskrats that I sold for
    75 cents.
    I walked a long trap line along a wooded river alone at night with only a kerosene lantern
    for light.
    I was skeert silly 'till I learned there was nothing there that could harm me.
    I was at an A.A. meeting this past winter telling a guy that I took an 8 point buck
    the first morning of hunting season.
    A black "gentleman" said: "hey. Gimme some deer meat. I ain't never had none."
    "gimmie"
    ???? Really?
    Why I call 'em "gimmie" people.
    "Gimmie mo'. I want's mo'"

I gave him nothing!
    It isn't racial.
    It about the entitlement people. "My great grand pappy might coulda been a slave."

Well great grand pappy could still be in Africa spearing dinner.
    Or being dinner.
    My dad had less than a 3rd grade education, mom, 9th grade.
    BOTH WORKED in factories.
    Mother had FIFTY YEARS in one plant!
    There was no way I could go to college. At 17 I took a job hacking bricks.
    What's that?
    Well, I'll tell ya. I got a job in a brick yard by lying about my age.
    Not that they cared you see.
    Hacking bricks is taking new formed bricks off a line as they come out of a forming machine.
    The bricks are WET with kerosene. Water won't due and I forget why.
    Kerosene softens skin and bricks are coated in fine sand so they won't stick together.
    My hands BLED all day long.
    When 16 I worked weekends in an EXPLOSIVES mill making nitrate fertilizer and
    jellied dynamite!
    I got to set charges in a strip mine using 8,000 pounds of jellied dynamite and 4 pound
    "boosters" to set the works off.
    Now that was fun!
    We were a mile away on a hill top to watch and the ground shook.
    SUPER FUN!
    Some that know me say I've had an interesting life.
    Sadly childhood was freakin' horrible.
    So I'll just sulk with money in the bank driving a new s.u.v. and have a great life!
    Oh. My fiance is now 75, still earns about 100k a year, has traveled all over the world
    an owns a half million buck home in a wealthy suburb with a 3 acre bass lake in the back!
    AND a home on the water in Florida.
    People tend to partner with others of the same level ya know.

50. jeager

272/345

Blog Posts:
    Sorry about the rant.
    Not very sorry but a bit.:p