12 Proven Self Defense Weapons For Insanely Strong Protection

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Nick-ESC, Sep 24, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

?

Would you use any of these for self defense?

1. Yes

62.5%
  2. No

37.5%
  1. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    MODERN SELF DEFENSE WEAPONS

1. Tasers

1eba58fcaf9d0550538049b9d83a8d01.gif The police use tasers to apprehend criminal suspects.

Civilians use them for self defense, and some people use them on their friends for fun.

But if you’ve ever seen a video of a real taser shocking a real person, then you understand that these are not simple toys.

These powerful, futuristic weapons are compact.

Making them small enough to fit inside of a pocket or purse comfortably.

Some are handheld and require direct contact. Others are fired from a pistol using a gas canister.

But they all pack a nasty punch.

And when used against an attacker they can render them immobile to ensure your escape.

Plus, they are classified as a non lethal weapon.

So you don’t have to worry about killing someone you used it on (unless they were wearing a pacemaker).

2. Mace / Pepper Spray

Pepper Spray is a classic, easy-to-use self defense weapon, it’s cheap, and it works.

It’s made to chemically burn every pore of human flesh it comes into contact with.

When sprayed into the face or the exposed genitals of a male assailant, it will drop them to their knees.

We recommend Devil Juice Pepper Spray.

Devil Juice is measured at 3,000,000 SHUan astounding 300 times hotter than the jalapeno pepper!

1eba58fcaf9d0550538049b9d83a8d01.jpeg

Plus, anyone can use pepper spray without having to take an advanced series of classes.

Sure, you should practice using it but that can be done in a 10-minute backyard session.

3. Brass Knuckles

Nothing says “badass” quite like brass knuckles.

You can buy all different kinds of them, but generally, they all achieve the same effect.

A punch with a pair of brass knuckles is more like striking someone with a medieval flail.

These can be pretty brutal when put to real use.

So be sure you have the stomach for a hemorrhaging face, brain fluid, and nasal matter.

4. Credit Card Knives

These handy blades are conveniently disguised as credit cards.

You can quickly slip them out of your wallet and into the jugular artery of your attacker.

• Some credit card knives come with folding blades built into them.
    • Others are just sharpened rectangles of steel.
    • Some of them even function as survival multitools.
    But all they all make a decent last resort self-defense weapon in a pinch.

5. Tactical Pens

The best everyday carry weapons double as ordinary everyday objects.

The tactical pen is a perfect example of this. It works just like a pen, looks just like a pen.

But when danger rears its ugly head, it can be used to jab, stab, and batter the living hell out of an opponent.

Some of them even double as multi-tools.

I’ve seen ones containing knives, scrapers, screwdrivers, and even flashlights.

For example – The StrikePen is a whole pocketful of EDC tools rolled into one milled aluminum package.

From the bright LED flashlight to the interchangeable tooltips.

The StrikePen is a serious piece of survival gear.

The solid tungsten steel striker tip makes it an excellent close-quarters weapon. Plus it doubles as an emergency glass breaker!

Of course, it wouldn’t be a StrikePEN if didn’t write with a smooth black ball-tip point.

The bottom line is if you know how to use a tactical pen properly, it can stop an intruder in their tracks.

6. The StrikeLight

When you awake in the middle of the night to investigate a noise – do you take a flashlight or a baseball bat?

With the StrikeLight, you take both!

It includes a powerful LED flashlight and multiple light modes. The best self-defense mode being a disorienting strobe setting.

With a StrikeLight, you’ll intimate a threat and head off a more serious altercation.

If the situation goes from bad to worse, the solid aluminum construction lets you use the light as a baton.

Plus, the aggressive teeth and end points make quick work of anyone on the receiving end of your swing.

If you need a little more reach, the barrel extends another 4 inches with the twist of a wrist. That’s 4 more inches of intimidation!

7. Monkey Fist

One of my very favorite self-defense tools is also one of the oldest – a Monkey Fist Knot.

The monkey fist surrounds a heavy ball with wraps of rope, giving you a weighted end on your line.

They’re great throwing a length of rope over a tree branch – or to make a devastating close-quarters weapon.

ANCIENT SELF DEFENSE WEAPONS

8. Hands And Feet

There are weapons attached to your body – if you know how to use them correctly.

And while it may seem obvious, it’s still worth pointing out.

With proper training, body parts become lethal weapons for self defense.

It’s difficult to overstate the usefulness of these hand and feet only arts. We’re talking about martial art forms such as:

• Karate
    • Taekwondo
    • Hapkido
    • Aikido
    • Jujitsu
    • Muy Thai
    • Krav maga
    If you can become proficient in any of them, you will never be unarmed – even in your sleep.

But if you don’t want to spend months and hours in a Dojo to learn these skills, The Combat Fighter online course is your next best option.

9. The Staff

The staff (or walking stick) is one of the most basic, most effective tools of self defense tools known to man.

The staff has been trendy throughout history for two main reasons:

1) Staffs are innocent-looking.

People often carrying them for walking, hiking, or just to look cool.

2) They can be lethal in the right hands.

Staffs are great for self defense because they easily parry and block attacks.

1eba58fcaf9d0550538049b9d83a8d01.gif Plus, they’re cheap, and they pack a wallop.

There are long staffs, bo staffs, jo staffs, hiking staffs, walking staffs, even canes kind of count.

And they all have specific defenses you can learn from an instructor.

If you want to be proficient with a fighting staff, it’s become you picked up this highly rated book, read it, and put it into practice.

10. The Sword

The sword is famous for being the weapon of choice for most of history.

It’s lethal, it’s personal and comes in just about every shape, style and size imaginable.

However, they take considerable skill to wield effectively.

But if you become an expert with a katana or a saber, you become a death knight unto yourself.

11. Tonfa/Nightstick

If you’re familiar with a tonfa, you understand how nasty it can be to be on the wrong end of them.

The nightsticks that police officers use are based off the tonfa design (kind of an “L” shape).

They are traditionally wielded in pairs, but a single one will do just as well.

If you can whip one of these bad boys out, and strike your attacker in the head, a nightstick is utterly deadly.

12. Nunchucks

Made famous by Bruce Lee, nunchucks look a lot harder to use than they actually are.

You don’t have to be Bruce Lee to use a pair of these effectively.

There are some very basic strikes, easy enough for anyone to learn, regardless of skill level.

Not only that, but they come in some very compact, very discreet sizes.

This means you can easily hide a set in your vehicle’s center console, in a backpack or inside of a purse.

Plus they just look freakin’ awesome.

WEIRD WEAPONS FOR SELF DEFENSE
    These we had to include just because they are so strange, so unique and so irregular.

13. Tri-Section Staffs

There’s a fair chance you’ll knock yourself out using one of these, then cause any harm to the attacker.

If you haven’t been properly trained with a tri-section staff beware.

You will undoubtedly walk away from an attempt to use a tri-section staff with a lot of bruises.

If you’re a master of Chinese martial weapons, go for it. If not, well, you might be better off with a taser.

**This article was originally published on my website, but, being a brand new member here, I will not be adding links to the originals for quite some time.

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Well-Known Member
      87/115

Blog Posts:
    Good day Nick

Perhaps you should also ask "have you used" as well as "would you use"

Many people will also say a gun beats all these. Which is probably very true.

That said though, having spent many years in less than the safest places in Africa (which is most of Africa lol) I have actively used successfully to defend myself many of the weapons on your list including tasers, pepper spray, hands/ feet and a bo staff.

When faced with mugging/hijacking/rape/murder or whatever they had in mind each time I didn't even think about the reaction until it was already happening.

But I have spent the years you mentioned above in a dojo practicing Hapkido. My instructor was right when he said its eventually instinct and muscle memory. But it does take years and years.

I also know how to use a katana and nunchucks. Although the staff is definitely my favorite on this particular list.

Of course many of these weapons are completely illegal to even own, never mind use, where I live now.

3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      477/575

Blog Posts:
    In a pinch - emergency, I would use any and all of these items. As stated by Rebecca, some would be a very serious legal problems, depending on the state This brings up the old saying --- Better to be judged b 12 than carried by 6.

4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      432/460

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Nick,

Ref: 7. Monkey Fist;

They work for throwing a length of rope over a tree branch - but NOT great !

Frequently enough, the thrown monkey fist knot continues to spin onto the branch getting wrapped onto it and stuck there.

I make a substitute; make about 10 -15 beginnings of a sheep-shank knot - similar to prep of a monkey fist - and then wrap a layer or 2 of the rope (or parachute cord) around the 10-15 "beginnings". Then throw. The rope (or para cord) will go on the tree branch and then unravel for retrieving the other end of rope or para cord.

The BEST Chinese martial weapon is surely their invention called gunpowder. A little north of you, Alfred Nobel developed the smokeless variety. We can call Nobel one of our first modern-day environmentalists !

5. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      305/345

Blog Posts:
    is a monkey fist a slung shot?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

432/460

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Randy,

Not sure of the meaning of "slung slot". What Nick was mentioning was a field type infantry expedient method to place a rope at an elevated level using a tree branch.

His method is only launched by human effort. It's not launching a line from modified harpoon guns or related.

The US Army had taught using parachute cord but instead of a monkey fist knot, to attach a fishing line lead weight - the buoy style; not the pyramid type. It wasn't a good method. It did break the boredom of a boring field class.

7. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Good day to you too Rebecca.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my first post with such useful information.

I agree that guns are predominant, but there are a lot of situations where guns can't be used, or locations, where owning and carrying firearms is not legal. Not to mention some people just don't want to use guns, that's why I took the time to list these weapons and give at least some direction.

Have you lived in Africa for personal reasons or as a part of a military mission?

I always tell my students to get to know every weapon they can, but opt-in for a handful and truly master them. For me, that's preferably a batton because it's very light, doesn't cause trouble with the authorities, and can easily be made from a wide variety of materials.

A staff, on the other hand, is something that beats every other weapon, but as you said, it takes years and years to master. The only true downside is that it can't be concealed (Although hiding it behind the front door would work pretty well).

From what I learned in the last months, I take it you are now living in Australia?

randyt and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for your input, much appreciated!

I completely agree with you, in a kill or be killed situation I would not refrain from using anything to defend myself.

I made a "universal" list based on my personal opinion, but as soon as I published the article, I received so many responses stating that this or that weapon is illegal in their countries which made me think I could create a list of effective weapons legal everywhere - I ended up with just 2 items on my list.

Where do you live? are any of these weapons illegal in your country?

9. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Nunchucks, Brass Knuckles( known here as "knuckle Dusters") and Prepper Spray are all illegal over here, Tasers whilst not exactly illegal will get someone arrested if used "inappropriately".

randyt, TMT Tactical and Nick-ESC like this.
  10. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

Yeah, Monkey Fists tend to tangle and get stuck on the branch, but if the branch is low enough it usually goes better.

Your substitute is something I will definitely try out this weekend when I go alone. So it will unravel when it gets thrown to the other side of the brach? Amazing, and very useful.

Would it be ok to turn to you for help if I do not succeed remaking it? Any name that you have for it?

If this is as effective as I think it is, I will be writing about it for sure, but giving you the proper credit of course.

As for the gunpowder, I enjoy using guns, but bows and arrows are my passion. And not the modern kinds, I like the old school recurves the most. Guns are just too loud for my taste.

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I get Nunchucks, Brass Knuckles ban, but Pepper Spray is illegal and Tasers are not? This I can't comprehend...
    Do you know the reasoning behind this?

12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    no idea, but some idiots have been blinding pilots with their taser pens.
    I know a friend was arrested for having prepper spray but wasn't charged, the prepper spray was destroyed.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Pragmatist

432/460

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Nick - ESC,

Frequently AOK performance per my experience - can't say always. The "concern" is having enough of the thrown, second end of the rope/para cord dangle down from the branch for arms-length retrieval.

I'm always here to provide input but don't know value of my ramblings here. No name to my "semi-knot". If the coiled bundle of rope/paracord works, how about assign the name and credit to MSF.COM. A pronounceable acronym might be ____???

I'm not into guns but did use a M60 machine gun during Vietnam War. Also carried a pistol but never used it. The new guns are like China's ZKZM rifle. It's nicknamed "Laser AK-47".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      347/460

Blog Posts:
    I use a shovel the way some would use a Bo staff. I find shovels excellent for killing snakes. Shovels are also in my top 5 most desired tools for building in a woodland type area.

15. Sonofliberty

347/460

Blog Posts:
    You may call them idiots, but there may come a time when being able to blind pilots might be very useful.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    you really think so? I find that depressing. I have no intention of blinding anyone.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard !
      477/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in the Free state of Arizona. We are allowed to open carry, concealed carry and own any firearm legal withe the Fed's. I do think there is a limitation on some types of knives. I am pretty sure brass knuckles are illegal but have not checked. The less than lethal defensive items are legal, again as far as I know. I carry a pocket knife and a pistol, so I have not researched the other items. Trained in martial arts but too old and medically unfit to play that game any more. A loaded cane would also be useful in later years. I am very short on mercy, so the less than lethal weapons really don't interest me. If attacked or needing to defend, I really don't care if my adversary survives.

Dalewick and Sonofliberty like this.
  18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have and have carried or used just about everything on that list. You might also add Axes, trenching tools, hammers, icepicks, Straight razors... I have always liked weapons and the list is endless.

A Tazer is an electronic device that requires contact with the body. The things that are blinding piolets are lasers especially the new green lasers.

A Monkey Fist is a knot that you tie around some form of weight. Its original use was indeed to throw lines between ships but in this case, they are referring to them as basically a form of blackjack. I have wrapped 1 1/2" ball bearings, golfballs and a cue ball or two with a monkey fist knot and then braided a short handle for them that is usually less than a foot long. It is a great weapon for taking someone down and probably won't kill them.

b6b076595322e7216f8bb55e5e7e4cae.jpeg b6b076595322e7216f8bb55e5e7e4cae.jpeg

I really like credit card knives. they are amazingly useful. I buy them by the dozen and have them in all my small kits and give them to people in with a few other survival things like a Ferro rod a space blanket, a button compass, and a poncho.
    upload_2019-9-25_16-26-49.jpeg

There are very few things that are illegal for defensive use in Texas. Brass Knuckles, Switch Blade, and Butterfly Knives, Swords, Bowie Knives...they are all legal to carry and use in defense.

19. randyt

randyt Master Survivalist
      305/345

Blog Posts:
    A bicycle lock on a chain isn't half bad, maybe a big wad of keys. A baseball bat, glove and ball could come in handy.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  20. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      455/460

Blog Posts:
    Good Morning Nick: To answer your original question " Would you use any of these for self-defense? " Yes, I would use all of them, and anything else I could find that wasn't tied down that I could use for a weapon. I am in much the same boat as TMT Tactical. I was very well trained in martial arts at a very high level by very good people. Age and diminished physical skills would certainly reduce my ability to use hands and feet, and if at all possible, I wouldn't let anyone get close enough where it would be necessary. I would put some point-of-contact weapons in the same category. A staff or a baseball bat would maintain some distance. Now carrying a gun is my best option.

It is certainly something to think about, and self-defense of some sort should be part of everyone's preps.

21. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Oh man... but I guess as long as there is people, there will be such sad examples of using useful tools for foolish jokes. As for pepper spray, that just makes no sense to me... It's a perfect self defense tool for everyone, not just women.

22. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the detailed response, just what I was looking for because I like comparing different areas/states/countries and I am always glad to know what I can carry and where.

See, now that's a set of laws I would gladly live by. Everything that should be legal, is legal, as long as you obey the law. Arizona just became my go-to spot if I ever visit the US again.

As far as your personal carry goes, you have equipped yourself with the best possible solution for self defense. In your condition anything less would mean a physical conflict with the attacker and the medical aspect could get in the way.

23. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a detailed response, much appreciated because I am very new to this forum and like getting to know people that are active. So far, the forum has been a treasure trove of info and ideas for my own articles and additions to the website. I will be sticking around for a long time, that's for sure.

I just might have to make a part II and include all you have mentioned above, plus some modern quirky ones. Although, I would like to just add them to the current list, i feel adding another 10 or so could prove to be boring to the readers.

I like the idea of turning a solid object into a blunt weapon, especially by adding a handle and turning it into a mace. I was once forced to tie the knot around my huge set of keys while I was out with a group of students, and it worked like a charm. So basically any solid heavy object will do the trick.

I am also carrying the credit card knife, but mostly because it's not heavy to carry in my pocket, plus my wife now carries one at all times, and I placed a few in the house, car, etc.

I was in a situation where I got pulled over and the officer spotted the knife as I was getting my ID and car papers ready, he was very intrigued so he played with it for a minute, and didn't even mention the fact that it is illegal here, and I was soon on my way. If he would have seen any common weapon from this list, I would be in trouble, thats for sure...

Texas rocks, those are all weapons I would like to carry because I never hang onto a weapon for too long, I want to learn about as much weapons as I can, and that means having them by my side to train at all times...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Nick-ESC

Nick-ESC New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

Hi, thank you for setting aside the time to write your response.

As I said a few minutes ago to TMT Tactical, the gun is the only logical choice in both yours and his situation, anything else would expose you to possible harm or worse.

As for self defense, I require each and every one of my students to enroll in some form or martial arts class, for at least a year because I can teach them how to defend themselves, but they need the training martial arts provide to master their own body and I just can't offer that and the survival training at the same time...

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  25. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Today, I could have beaten someone to death with a ball peen hammer.

But that would've been for recreational reasons only.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  26. Sonofliberty

347/460

Blog Posts:
    LOL, before I got my concealed weapons permit, I used to keep a small bag of tools next to my driver's seat. Sticking out of the bag, in easy reach, was the handle of a 2 LB ball peen hammer. I figured if any cops ever asked, I could say I just finished a gig. No cops ever did ask; not that I get pulled over much anyway. Now, I keep my pistol on me and have a KaBar in easy reach.

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  27. Dalewick

Dalewick Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Nick ESC, I have used pepper spray, regular pen and hand to hand on the job before (Park Ranger) and hand to hand and other weapons in the military. In a fight I would use anything I could use as a weapon (everything on your list), for any advantage I can get, and worry about the legalities if I live. Like others here I'm getting old and now carry my concealed carry weapon (Glock 43) and a knife everywhere I go.

I'm not a big fan of pepper spray as repeated exposure or some training can let you ignore it, or at least fight through it. Mace or military CS doesn't seem to have that issue.

Dale

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. Old Geezer

510/575

Blog Posts:
    County cop was the armorer / range-master at their firing range / training center. This man often worked the county jail. Our county jail also housed state prisoners due to overcrowding. The jail was a goodly sized facility (new), yet it was getting full. I was out at the range qualifying for carry permit. This firearms instructor tell us that pepper sprays, stream types, and foggers ALWAYS resulted in the officer using them to also get hosed. Deputies out in the open areas got the same. This officer HATED tear gas and pepper spray devices. That and tasers sometimes work. Sometimes do not.

For non-leathal force, cops use their billy-clubs. Best technique, most recommended action, is to come in on felons and slam their lower legs with all the strength in your body.

Horrid truth is that low-breeds attack in packs. Given that dark reality, better have mates or a gun.

I can't say, however their are many uniforms who swear by a hammerless revolver as a backup weapon.

The 9mm chambering is better than .38 special +P and not as loud as the .357 (even the rapid-burning powders). The 9mm gets up to speed quickly -- y'just don't need a lot of barrel. I've a chopped nine. Friend chronographed a high vel. load I was shooting. The 9's barrel is as short as they make them. The velocity we were getting was right up their as if the weapon had a 4" barrel. Again, barrel length matters very little with the 9mm. Even firing the 9mm out of a carbine doesn't buy you much velocity -- gives you a better sighting plane and firmer hold, those are big positives. The .40 S&W and the .45 Colt Auto cartridges get much higher velocities out of longer barrels ... but not the nine. So, believe it or not, the 9mm is a dynamite caliber for a hammerless revolver. These revolvers usually involve the use of moon clips.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If you ever want to just naturally beat the hell out of someone without worrying about killing them I can highly recommend a bar of soap in a tube sock. If you are more serious put a lock or a couple of D batteries in the sock instead of the soap. There are no dangerous weapons only dangerous people and they will FIND or MAKE a weapon no matter where they are. Prisons are a great lesson in improvised weaponry!!

30. Old Geezer

510/575

Blog Posts:
    They used to use soap in a sock as a tranquilizing "medication" in mental institutions.

And the most famous brand of this sort of medication was ...
    bd8b4880f4937f308480d4b25bbe7c7a.jpeg

You knocked'em out cold, but didn't crack their skull. Mustn't kill your patients -- not a good idea at all.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in a place that has 13 BIG prisons with around 25,000 convicts. My wife spent 25 years working in prisons. My Daughter works for the prison system and most of my friends work for the state either in the prisons or for the state at Sam Houston University.

Those convicts are masters of improvised weaponry. My wife worked in Dental (Dental hygienist) but the clinic is for all medical and dental in one place. She saw the results of these endless fights. It is amazing what can be done if you have the time and the will. Can you imagine cutting a knife out of a metal bed frame with string and salt as a saw??? They made functional spears out of rolled-up paper that is starched to make it rigid with a little piece of glass on the point. One of the things that we loved about her working in the prisons was the endless stories about the hijinks of the inmates. Their creativity is amazing at times.

GateCrasher and TMT Tactical like this.
  32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    not a good location to be in post SHTF.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Actually, you would be surprised. First off most inmates are not monsters like they are made out to be on TV. Secondly, they will be FLOODING out of this area. You have to understand that between the guards, State Troopers, County Sheriffs and deputies, local city cops and Campus cops there are probably more cop type people here than any other place on Earth per capita. the inmates know this and are scared to death of this area.

I've known Ex-cons that live in Houston that won't even drive through this area. The monsters are locked up in supermax sections of the maximum-security prisons and they will die there. As the last guard leaves the lights will go out and the locks on all the electric gates and doors will be permanently locked.

Nearly nothing that you have seen on TV or the movies relates to how the Texas prison system is operated. The only inmates that don't have a job and work are the ones that are either in administrative segregation (Solitary and locked in a box 23 hours a day) or they are physically unable to work. Some work in the fields but most are trained and work in the many Texas Prison industries. They clothe themselves starting with cotton in the field and that going all the way to their clothes. Gin, spin, weave, cut and sew, it is all done internally.

They make the stainless steel fixtured used both in the prisons and the schools all over the place not just in Texas. They print nearly all of the State documents and make the license plates and stickers. There is a huge cattle, hog and chicken business that provides all the meat. They sell the hams, chicken breasts and wing and the best cuts off the cattle to pay for the cost of raising butchering and processing the meat. They grow the corn that they fed the animals and also most of what they eat.

They make the chairs used in state offices and the fancy wooden desks for the big shots. They make the mattresses that they sleep on and the ones for the state housing and orphanages.

They even make the brooms and mops that they use in the prisons and schools all over the state. They repair, maintain and take care of the busses used by the state and also the school busses from all over the state. I slept on a TDC mattress for 15 years it was king size and great. All of this is just part of the things that they do.

Those that can keep out of trouble are offered the opportunity to learn a trade that will let them go out and make a living honestly. The guy that I mentioned that wouldn't drive through here, I worked with him in Houston in a machine shop. He had learned that trade in prison because they also do most of their own machine work for manufacturing.

The death rate due to violent crime in the prison system is far below the average for cities with similar adult populations. The greatest number of people in prison are there as a result of drug addiction. The second most common group is people that are unfortunately just plain stupid. I mean that in the sense of them having IQs below 75!

There is now a large disenfranchised portion of our population. They are the people that in the past worked the fields and did the manual labor that built this country. Their predecessors were good gentle people that while not very smart were hard-working and important contributors to our country.

There is not anything that they can do for a living. these are people that can't even make a living working in fast food places. Our government has addressed this through government giveaways that rod them of any sort of dignity and make them into beggars. Then they have sort of turned our prison system into a storage facility for those that won't just sit at home and die of boredom.

We need to offer them jobs and not handouts. In prison they have jobs. They don't sit on their butts and Once you put them to work and get them off their drugs most of them return to their roots and are pretty good people as far as being violent. My wife spent those 25 years in various prisons. half of those years were at the maximum-security prison that houses death row. She was not once attacked or even treated badly by an inmate.

I have no fear of them if the prisons turn them out in a TEOTWAWKI situation.

TMT Tactical likes this.