1986 Fbi Miami Shootout, After This The Fbi Got Rid Of All Small Hand Gun And Went With The 45 .

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by arctic bill, Jan 14, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. arctic bill

arctic bill Master Survivalist
      360/460

Blog Posts:
    The 1986 FBI Miami shootout occurred on April 11, 1986, in a region of Dade County, Florida (incorporated as Pinecrest, Florida in 1996) when a small group of field agents for the FBI attempted to apprehend William Russell Matix and Michael Lee Platt, who were suspected of committing a series of violent crimes in and around the Miami metropolitan area.
    Although they had partially surrounded the suspects after maneuvering them off a local road, the agents involved quickly found their firepower outmatched by the weapons which Matix and Platt had in their vehicle. During the gun battle which ensued, Platt in particular was able repeatedly to return fire despite sustaining multiple hits. Two Special Agents died from their wounds, while five other agents were injured by gunfire. The shootout ended when both Matix and Platt were killed.
    My point is do not rely on what i call small handguns for protection , the FBI had 9mm and 38 specials
    A subsequent FBI investigation placed partial blame for the agents' deaths on the lack of stopping power exhibited by their service handguns.
    My point get a real gun not girly gun if push comes to shove

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_FBI_Miami_shootout

TMT Tactical likes this.