3 Layer Cotton Mask Required

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Jul 13, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm curious as why they haven't advise or encourage the use of face shield which at least still provide protection for the wearer unlike face mask which only serve as source control (protecting others)

I personally only use face shield nowadays, albeit adding form fitting disposable PM 2.5 rated mask only when necessary.

I wear the one on the right (with frame) for daily use, while the left that provide more coverage when needing additional protection (hospital, or tightly crowded space)

f07c234d45e7ffb32d76b300b82478f9.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The universal use of face masks is turning out to be a panacea for robbers.

However, if you are a minority, you are exempted from having to wear a mask. All black men when wearing masks are shot-dead by the raging oppressor police. If you are suicidal and wish to get it all done and over with, use shoe polish to darken your face, put on a mask, and walk outside of your house. Five or six police will instantly open fire on you.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon-county-issues-face-mask-order-exempting-non-white-people/

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

In reply; my view - restricted to US reasons;

Masks are to acclimate the US public to accept restrictions for being in public. The restrictions are within the arena of public health and less about public safety (like involving law enforcement agencies). For actual virus protection, form-fitting goggles are needed.

I personally wear a DIY rig consisting of googles taped to a single - sometimes double, depending on how I tuck the cloth inside my short - layer of copper/cotton T-shirt. The cloth portion is kept inside my shirt by a paper-clamped top (cleaned) of Kiwi brand shoe polish container. Masks are a big conversation topic here. When waiting in line at a store, I display my full adherence to our Governor's (He's a Medical Doctor) personal procedures.

For actual, real need such as serving as a volunteer emergency responder, I use P-100 masks plus googles and a helmet with a face shield. My volunteer time at a disaster scene is frequently a function of having public sector providing me with adequate replacements no less than N-95 quality - or I'm enroute to unofficial breakfast place. My other volunteer work is commentator on resilience.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    face masks will now be mandatory in English shops and other public enclosed spaces as from 24th July, they are already mandatory when visiting the family doctor , a hospital or on public transport.
    they are already mandatory in Scotland and Wales.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Face mask starting at July? In other countries is already mandatory to wear face shield, while mandatory use of face mask is already start at around last March or April

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes, well this is England, we do things a bit differently here!!:D I think its more to do the thought of a second wave later and getting people used to wearing them.

TMT Tactical likes this.