33 Min. National Geographic Video On Emp & Cme

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Sourdough, Jul 13, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Reference Video: 33 min. National Geographic video on EMP & CME

2. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Bump to jumpstart thread.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Whether it’s from a CME, EMP or other SHTF events, my preps have always included the reality that I need to be able to live like my grandparents did for most of their lives; without electricity. Even if you think you are prepared, the level of ”suck” will be extreme if the grid goes down. Those who survive might be carriers of diseases or certainly looking to take what you have for their survival. Life will suck.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The thing is that this is GOING to eventually happen. Unlike some disaster scenarios, this is going to be unavoidable. We might be able to deflect a big rock so it would miss us but not something like this. I can hope that over time we will harden our systems so that maybe they can just go down, as in trip a breaker, rather than just burn up. Right now we are a massively fragile spider web sitting in the middle of a busy street. If we get hit most of the most advanced nations will suddenly be driven back into a massively primitive state. The third world countries will hardly notice the problem for a while. There are lots of places where people are still more rural and using what to us is primitive farming methods.

EMP/CME will KILL the urban nations. The world will sort of flip flop and the Third world countries will come out of it better than the more advanced and electronically dependent nations. The fall from the highest to the lowest will be very unforgiving. the people that are lower down will just go on.

5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    TexDamn, I agree and disagree. The collapse will but unimaginable (the agree part). The third world countries will end up worse because their subsidies and import will end (the disagree part).

6. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    IF an EMP or 2 or 3 EMP's are set-off, only over "The United States of America". America will be worse then a third or fourth world country.

America will be over run by millions from other countries to the south.

And any remaining Americans, will be disposed of, by the landing force from Russia and China.

I think the degree to which America is "LOATHED" by the rest of the world would surprise many and maybe most Americans.

7. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Great post IBME maybe this will wake some people up . Noted it stated it will take about ten years to recover from an EMP . in some areas . How many of our members are ready for ten years of no electric grid or running vehicle , mechanized farm equipment or water coming from a faucet ? Some might want to rethink and purchase that survival retreat .

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Morgan101 likes this.
  8. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think there are a few mistakes in this projection. Nobody is going to come from the south, if there are no "Free Lunches" any more. An EMP attack here is going to fire off a complete nuclear retaliation, End of civilization, world wide. Last but not least, why would you invade a country in massive turmoil (armed tot eh teeth) and bring needed supplies. Everybody would be out to kill your army and seal your supplies.

Yes America is hated by almost all of the rest of the world. So why are we still sending aid or participating in the U.N.?

Morgan101 and Sonofliberty like this.
  9. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    They had an interesting idea in the video. "HOW" would we know who to counter attack......??? The EMP could be launched from a ship (running under a false flag) in the middle of the ocean at midnight then the ship sunk as the EMP explodes. No evidence of who did it.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Alaskajohn

415/460

Blog Posts:
    It could be an inside job with a rouge element within the US. You could shield quite a bit of equipment underground and bring in all out after the detonation.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    That is interesting.........I had that near exact thing in a second paragraph, and decided to delete it. I had it as a small EMP fired by our U.S. Government but as a means of rest0ring order in a Civil War or Revolution.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Alaskajohn

415/460

Blog Posts:
    I still think a CME are a breakdown in the grid by some other means is more probable than a EMP. A CME can just happen and it doesn’t depend on crazy people. I think we would have some advance notice of a CME, but by the time decisions were made on what to do, we would have little time to prepare.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good find IBME, well done.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Hell.............Our CIA-NSA could "HACK" our grid to near destruction, and route the hack through a computer of state sponsored hackers in Iran or North Korea.

In fact I would bet that a few state sponsored "Hackers" in North Korea could take down our grid, and leave NSA or CIA fingerprints.

TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.
  15. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    If an EMP was used on the USA, nobody would care who did it, we would launch and make sure everybody was just as badly wiped out as us. Misery loves company. No country would escape untouched.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  16. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am bringing IBME 's video at the top of this thread back to the top . The reason being , if some missed watching this yesterday I encourage them to watch it today ,

TMT Tactical likes this.
  17. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, great examples of what not to do in that video.

TMT Tactical likes this.