6ft Distancing Not Enough To Prevent Spread Of Covid-19

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Blitz, Apr 11, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    It could be as much as 7 or 8 meters for a sneeze. It can hang in the air for up to 3 hours. Distancing? Sourdough has the proper distance nailed.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    I'll bet he has! I have a similar formula. The beauty of living in an isolated area.

According to the Chinese study, it can actually hang around for several hours. Think about a supermarket, people coming and going on a constant basis.

Rebecca, Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Blitz,

Just read the Daily Mail article.

Like the term "computer mice" !

It is a science article; I believe the distance requirement - and the public's use of homemade masks and the in-house quarantines are political requirements. During a tuberculous identified outbreak, I'd surely stay more than 6 feet/2 meters away from anyone at a store, presuming I'd even go shopping.

The social conditioning is being accepted. As basic hygiene being taught and practiced, this is goodness.

The article's reference to the floors of hospital wards and the soles of shoes laden with the virus, ...... this cannot be controlled/rectified in re public places. Herd immunity might be the solution.

I like the comment by Joe from Banjo Land, UK: " ..unknown virus ...doesn't come with an instruction manual".

(ATTN: RAND Corp !)

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the distance is immaterial, the point is that if someone is infected they need to self isolate at home not go out spreading it around, the virus hasn't got to my location yet but when it does i'm going into total lockdown and not going anywhere outside my property.

6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

You accurately addressed the basic public health issues.

How does someone know if they are COVID-infected ? They might not have symptoms. If they do, such as a high fever, the person might not have access to professional medical care.

If someone has some of the COVID-19 symptoms and wants to go to the city or beach and "party hard", the isolation requirement requires an enforcement mechanism. This would mean essential personnel such as LEOs. Here, there are already pre-existing shortages of LEOs.

Homemade face masks just won't solve our public health problems. Perhaps increased compensation packages for hospital administrators and allowing the cartels to run public health will solve the the COVID-19 problem.

I, too, am staying in - but am in a weather emergency in several hours from now. We are on alert for heavy winds and possible tornadoes. Needless to say, the roads will be flooded. I am still in a safer environment than the big towns north and south of here.

Blessed are the Preppers, for they shall...............

Caribou, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Blitz
      I hope the high winds don't turn into tornadoes. Stay safe.

Blitz, Apr 12, 2020
      Caribou likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    public areas such as parks and beaches are already being patrolled by Police, anyone found there will be sent home as we are ALL supposed to be in lockdown but we will always have the "it dosent apply to me" brigade, or are they just thick?
    the 6ft/2 metres requirement is for everybody to observe not just the infected, once someone has the persistent cough and high temperature they are required to self isolate at home . the virus is spread by cough droplets so once anyone gets to that stage they should not be mixing with the public.

BugOutHive, Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was reading yesterday an article about the three Covid-19s. Different versions have different behavioral patterns. Version C is more deadly.

European Union utopian healthcare is now saying that it is best if the elderly are simply left at home to die rather than taking them to the hospital where they will soak-up resources.

Covid-19 is teaching governments how to go Orwellian.

The nations of Earth are mutating and not in a positive direction.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    yes there was an edit some time ago that even if the elderly with the virus made it to hospital they wouldn't be treated in favour of the young-presumably because they are more "financially viable" than someone on a pension.

Caribou, Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Blitz
      I actually read an article regarding the UK's nursing homes. Apparently a number of doctors are refusing to visit residents and they ordered that they are not to be taken to hospital if they are ill. There's an uproar with a lot of the staff, as a number of nursing homes have had several deaths from residents exhibiting flu symptoms but it's all being swept under the carpet, with some doctors putting cause of death as the flu or dementia. Staff are also lacking normal protective gear such as masks. Two staff members died from the virus, one man was only 28 and a woman was in her mid 50's.

I dare say there are more casualties than we realise.

Blitz, Apr 12, 2020
      Caribou likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/12/the-coronavirus-can-travel-at-least-13-feet-new-study-shows/

Good afternoon all,

Above is a related article in re the airborne characteristic of the corona virus.

I guess the CDC - WHO discrepancy on space for social distancing ....... CDC says 6 ft, WHO says 3 ft ...... is to multiply 3 times 6 so as it's 18 ft needed - or stay home.

For flood waters would always disinfect my rubber boots / Wellingtons. Now, can see the soles of all boots/shoes must be disinfected.

Blitz and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  12. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Very interesting Pragmatist. Thanks for posting!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    If EVERYBODY wears a mask and washes their hands it will slow down the spread of the CCP Virus. A surgical or a homemade mask with protect others. An N-95 mask will protect you and others.

You don't know if you are sick for days after you are contagious. You might not know that you are sick at all and yet still be spreading the disease throughout your infection. After you get better you are still shedding the virus. Do you remember the old pictures of Japan during the flu season, with everyone wearing a surgical mask? It is impolite there to not wear a mask. That needs to become the new normal.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    As far as people keeping keeping a distance between them, these people seem to be spreading out -- at least after they get through the entrance doors.

15. BugOutHive

BugOutHive Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    I've been going at least double. I've seen some projectile sneezes in my day.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if someone sneezes or coughs near me I am out of there and long gone.
    I wear medical gloves and a non medical scarf every time I go out.

TMT Tactical likes this.