$85 Stock For Mini-14

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Guns' started by Sack, Aug 18, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sack

Sack New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    upload_2018-8-18_5-8-46.jpeg
    I put a new stock on my mini-14. So much better. The factory stock didn’t fit well and it was so slippery. I’m happy with it

2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It looks GREAT. I really miss my Mini 14. I am thinking about a Mini 30. To me that would be close to a perfect defense weapon. Slap a bayonet on it and it would be an intimidating beast. I never scoped my Mini 14 but it was capable of accuracy that you could only get from a scope. My Mini was a victim of greed and the Clinton administration.

I agree that the wood stock was slippery. A little checkering on the fore end and at the wrist helped that some though. I also gold inlaid all of the writing on the gun. Bill Ruger did love to write on his guns.

I bought it brand new for 165 dollars; shot a hundred thousand rounds or more through it and had a lot of fun with it. The Clinton's declared war on people with federal Firearms License to sell guns. I got out of the business and also started shedding any gun that I owned that there was a paper trail leading to me. My Mini was the last of that. I also have to admit that things like the Brady bill and such made the price of these guns go through the roof. I sold it with 500 rounds for 750 dollars to a cop wantabe part time deputy sheriff.