A Big Disaster Exercise

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Aug 6, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    If you participate in one of these city run disaster run test, you will very quickly learn just how poorly prepared the cities are. Aided in a Disaster Response in Palo Alto Ca. big time joke. The folks there are going to die, it they are depending on the city. Paper plans with fake testing and warm pats on the back for a successful test.

poltiregist likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TMT Tactical,

You said it very clearly. The cities are lost.

The citizen responder training, eg CPR, is, however, well-priced: free.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    The government might help SOME people " mostly political people " if the disaster is only contained to 400 square miles or so and is temporary . A truly NATIONAL disaster for a duration of months will prove , the government riding to the rescue a fantasy . That's why we are preppers . I have absolutely no faith in the government riding to the rescue . The people waiting for the government is what we call SHEEPLE . If a entire nation loses electricity for a few months " they are toast " . Preppers will smell the stench of death permeating the air and clinging to our skin . There will just be more rotting corpses of people that were depending on the government than preppers can bury .

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The higher-ups know that all of this is psych-ops.

"Keeping the sheeple herded properly."

There are those targeted as "needed". Those folk will get scooped-up and moved to safe areas.

Military and industrial assets targeted as "needed" will get armored and air support protection.

Indianapolis was threatened to cough-up a bunch of money for minorities or they'd burn the city. Nothing happened on either side. Had looters targeted Eli-Lilly there in Indianapolis, let me tell you, the streets WOULD have been utterly cleared of all threats to that pharmaceutical manufacturer.

Radar, poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    absolutely right.

TMT Tactical and poltiregist like this.
  7. Radar

Radar Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    One of you is saying the training is good information or skill or training to have.
    The other is saying you become a needed asset to be herded to where your community or country needs you?
    The second is what I thought CERT was for. Your family will not be your first responsibility.
    I think some cities would fail in an actual disaster.
    Where we lived back east, there were several times where fake disasters were planned out to train, test, improve responders skills.
    I think it's a good idea.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Radar,

Not too much is new under the Sun. If a political subdivision of a state needs skilled labor during an emergency or disaster, presto, it will be sought and, realistically enough, obtained. Tested plans are in place.

In contemporary emergency planning, all CERTs are not the same. It depends on the sponsoring organization. Some are high quality and some are social clubs for retirees. Actually, the CERT doctrine says to provide for yourself and family first. Some documents also add to check on one's neighbors. If I check on my neighbor with a failed well house pump during a hurricane, there would be no time to activate for a CERT assignment. Plus, I do not go near neighbors' houses who have horses.

It must be accepted that governmental organizations involved on the emergency functions eg public safety, fire and rescue and emergency management ... won't even hint at medical ... are still in decay.

"Some" ? The cities are already "disasters". The hospitals are routinely saturated. Law enforcement agencies really do have the "thin" blue line. It is thin ! We have too few LEOs and I make one exception to my view that American labor is overpaid. LEOs are underpaid. I consider this situation as dangerous.

One of the planned disaster exercises was in Hawaii. It was a "leaked" announcement that a nuclear-tipped missile was enroute to Hawaii. This test allows for one to legitimately be a fatalist.

Yes, the cities are pending morgues without embalming fluid.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.