A City's Emergency Prep And It's Weak Link

Discussion in 'Other Not Listed Situations' started by Pragmatist, Nov 12, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.thenewsguard.com/news/c...cle_e9ed39f4-243e-11eb-8d2b-e70785840995.html

Good morning all,

Per ...

This small city tells of the weak link: communications. It's a Prepper's weak link also - especially if part of a small group.

In my area, electronic communications will be non-existent for private citizens. It's a YOYO - You're On Your Own - situation.

At the national level, however, for private citizens, there are systems in place that have been tested - even if not called a test.

Remember Hawaii's accidental 2018 broadcast of an impending missile attack ?

*** For private sector Preppers, I recommend to place emphasis on the vulnerability and not the hazards. ***

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Communications was and is a no-no for me post SHTF, I've never been able to understand who I was supposed to be communicating with! I have a couple of radio's so I can listen to any broadcasts-which will probably stop once the power goes off.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

Your arrangements are ideal for no concern re commo; it's just you and Madam Lonewolf.

A few of us have small groups co-dwelling together.

For commo here, less listening to shortwave while the signals still arrive, I have:

- a megaphone
    - some small flashlights/torches also with a blue light to convey alerts to my group members.
    - a pvc pipe with strobe light attached to serve as a mast for a predetermined message.

Although I do have semophore flags here, no one know how to use them nor has the strength to use them.

TMT Tactical and lonewolf like this.
  4. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    If you are in a group than why not build your own infrastructure?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    if a group is living together why do they need communications? you could always try whistling arrows-it worked for Robin Hood!:)
    I always reckoned it was YOYO anyway especially in my part of the country.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Since you asked by referencing something I wrote:

I also wrote about our system. It's non-electronic less dry cell batteries.

In this corridor there will be no electronic communications by private citizens.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that goes for anywhere.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    How about this message: "They are headed your way!"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  10. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    i have no communications other than a grundig radio as i don't see me or my elderly mother doing any field time or manuvers...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    awesome i was a signalman in my other life...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yep, that and more.

Most everybody realizes that with these iPhones, people have a clinical addiction. One could use the term, "psychological addiction"; sure, however as with any psych issue there are neurotransmitters involved, endorphins et. al.. Shut-down everyone's access to these opiate boxes and the result will be that at the very least, 10 - 20% of the population of any developed country would mentally decompensate.

Due to technology changes, I will soon be forced to swap my ancient flip phone for something Orwellian. First time I wrote a computer program was in the early 70s. I am so burned-out on technology that when I leave work, I instantly morph into a total Luddite. Back in the day, a search of the literature involved lifting nine-pound volumes after having found the reference in a tree-derived card catalog.

Considering that this event is a near-certainty, it will be darkly entertaining to watch people begin to act-out. It will not be entertaining to watch the tens of millions fall into clinical depression.

We live in a non-sustainable world of extreme dependency. The blue-black clouds are forming, so the preppers are distancing themselves from the herd before the lighting begins. Gonna be one nasty stampede.

6db37d0cddce6a737a0de6c7421c771d.jpeg
    6db37d0cddce6a737a0de6c7421c771d.jpeg 6db37d0cddce6a737a0de6c7421c771d.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    I like the term "opiate boxes".

Many times during emergencies had directed traffic and pedestrian flow. Just about always there were young people walking while looking down at their opiate box. Had to convert to Social Darwinism.

At an armory I once had a bank of index card catalog drawers like pictured above.

This era was when song " Everyone's Kung Fu Fighting" was popular.

Had labeled some drawers with names like MILSPEC rifles for ...", some drawers with pistol and revolver (.357 getting popular after some DOD orgs started using them after Clint Eastwood [?] movie). Last drawer was labeled "Hands". Young guys would come in and ask me what info was in this drawer. My reply, WITHOUT using the Southernese "Son", was something like: =" At your high school, some of your classmates are so well trained in combat, they had to register their hands - and we have an interest in who got registered" =

Yes, I remember the Mary Hopkin's song.

15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Everybody wants these card catalogs as storage cabinets for small items. Antique stores instantly sell them the week they go on display.

Opiate boxes are in the news due to them being responsible for so many car accidents. When driving on college campuses, I am totally terrified. The stupid little zombies wander across the streets like chickens.

"Like, pedestrians have the right-of-way, man!"

response: "Like, you are not a Physics major, now are you boy!"

Vehicle, 3,500 pounds of mostly metal vs. 160 pounds of H2O with some proteins holding it together -- which object wins when they interface at velocity?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/distracted-walking-petextrians-endangering-streets/story?id=32990067

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    there are a lot of mental health problems -including some suicides- caused by something as simple as lock down, seems a lot of people cannot exist with out others around them, the herding instinct, so post SHTF this will be even worse. I've always said that the suicide rate will sky rocket WTSHTF.

TMT Tactical and wally like this.