"a Doomsday Pantry" Re "doomsday Preppers"

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by Pragmatist, Oct 10, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.thetravel.com/what-is-the-best-survival-food/

Good morning all,

I'm wondering if I already posted this link. It seems familiar but the subject-matter throughout the entire literature deals with just about all the same stuff.

Article introduces subject by mention "survive a 'walking dead' type of event ..." All this for an article that's just modernized WWII era home economics .

Besides the pictured and discussed peanuts and peanut butter, also pictured are some almonds. Peanuts are actually legumes. Almonds and the other tree nuts are considered excellent for prostrate maintenance.

I've done research on modified peanut butters and almond butters not requiring refrigeration after initial opening of container. There are major trade-offs to consider. For me, a well-priced (relatively-speaking) modified almond butter not needing refrigeration but loaded with sugar and sea salt defeats my purpose and thus back to the planning and research.

Some health literature says those over 60 y.o. to slow down on meats in diet. This is a personal research matter that shouldn't be neglected. Some health literature says all should avoid "processed meats" like jerky, pastrami, bacon, believe also read anchoves.

Instant coffee - and survival ?! Just give priority to the espresso pot and desert cart. I'll WD-40 the cart's ball-bearing wheels.

Article has some built in RELATED article links. One is titled "Best places ... to survive". This is easy for us senior citizens. An atomic age Civil Defense era office poster was worded "No one would dare bomb this place and end all the confusion".

- - - And - don't forget chocolates or, at least, substitutes just for taste or memory like baker's chocolate. Recommend avoid Hershey's Tropical Bars. Yes, the hint of a chocolate taste but it's like dining on a candle.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends what one is prepping for I suppose, but a diet consisting of only processed food is not good for ones health.

wally and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

True: a procedded-food diet is not healthy.

Some do stock only processed foods because they are oriented toward an early and rapid evacuation out of the urban area they're in.

Processed foods are cheaper and easier to store with the saved funds allocated to upgraded transport matters.

It is a well thought out Prepper matter.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends on ones location, lifestyle and weather patterns perhaps.
    some intend to bug out, some intend to bug in, I am the latter so plans will be different to someone bugging out.
    to my mind processed foods are a time limited stopgap.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lonewolf,

We're saying the same thing.

Many of those in the work force are/were ... COVID is encouraging at home on screen work ... working in urban-located jobs. They prepared for getting stuck in their apartment with a BOB of food to GOOD - Get Out Of Dodge.

Their views: minimal decent food until arriving at safe location.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    this is possibly the case in the USA, due to your more serious weather patterns you have a history of evacuating, the same cannot be said for Britain.

TMT Tactical likes this.