A Flood-prone County Prepares For Floods

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Oct 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp/newsroom/newsreleases/2020/October/15-flood-awareness.aspx

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Article mentions their prior flooding emergency evacuations and road closures. Do check your routes for any realistic possibility of road closures. I don't have to check. This place is an island unless leaving early on. My shack is on a hill in a forest. Flooding is of no concern. Winds and fires are.

I note a "Flood Warning Center". Is this an independent organization and facility or part of the county's EOC ? Perhaps I should ask about their grants from FEMA.

Shouldn't hazardous lawn chemicals already be safely stored to protect against the area's perils. Here it is flooding. If it wasn't initially done, I can't believe some busy and stressded-out private citizen will properly store the chemicals.

Prep, prep,prep
    and
    factor in safety

TMT Tactical likes this.