A Good On And Offline Resource For Weather

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by Pragmatist, Oct 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.weather.gov/akq/SKYWARN

Good morning all,

Above link tells of upcoming online classes on a weather program. I had taken my course in an actual classroom at an EOC.

Above link is eastern Virginia focused. Just place your ZIP or big town in top left box for your area.

I wasn't the only one in my class who looked up and laughed in re Co Co Re High School training. I've already forgotten when the acronym stands for.

My favorite cloud is nimbo-granite.

Toward end of link re advanced SKYWARN for those who took any prior courses, there's a requested registeration by area's NWS to assemble a group of weather observers to report on stuff.

At "6.", note "Amateur Radio Certifications".

The course was well worth the time - It's no cost in $.

Do consider if this intro weather course that's online is good for you or children of family or friends/relatives kids.

We as a society need all the help we can get to do the neglected rehab.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Dozen Dead, Over 100,000 Without Power As California Braces For Worst 'Atmospheric River' Barrage Yet"

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/c...e-atmospheric-rivers-biden-declares-emergency

"A moisture conveyor belt of atmospheric rivers continues to pound storm-battered California as the latest system could be the most severe yet. Power outages plague Northern California, as a dozen people have died across the Golden State in the last two weeks after. At least 3,000 people were evacuated on Sunday.

"The National Weather Service described the bomb cyclone, a hurricane-force low-pressure system, and an atmospheric river as the 'most potent' yet. Forecasters said the 'relentless parade' of 'atmospheric rivers' will peak Monday into Tuesday."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Pragmatist, I shall check it out.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    most people in the south west of England just look out the window if they want to know the weather, this time of year its mostly raining, and has been for a week now.

TMT Tactical likes this.