A Little "light" Pandemic Reading....

Discussion in 'Books' started by Justin Baker, Feb 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    I just put a post up >>HERE<< on my blog with a quick summary of some of the pandemic books on my shelf. Just wanted to share it with y'all!

Excerpt;
    "Given the current circumstances being presented to the public about a virus stemming from the Wuhan region of China (2019-2020 novel corona virus, 2019-nCoV) by multiple sources, I thought a review on some of the influenza and pneumonia epidemic books would be in order. Here are five books that I have read myself that each offer a unique perspective and presentation on a similar topic."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    I also have another on its way via snail mail.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am looking for a good list of prudent purchases for Coronavirus (type) Prepping. Yes there is 19 thousand posts of "SOME" things. I am looking for a complete list, especially medications.

I have a very-very-very low chance of exposure......but I also have near zero chance of access to "ANY" medical help.

I am sure I have 85 plus percent of what I would need, maybe even 95% of what is available to me that I need. Clearly some things that I would like are simply not available to me. I am looking for a "Single" complete list. Not dozens of half'arsed partial lists.

Please and Thank you.

TMT Tactical and Justin Baker like this.
  4. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Yes, after reading the source material from ready.gov >>HERE<< , as well as WHO's ebola virus info >>HERE<< , besides the the other resources I have, I find that most lists and checklists are lacking in some form or another. Once we have our basic checklists, it's time to pool our own intelligence and knowledge and find the rest of the list....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Justin,

We of the American middle class like to think we are modern and just a grasp away from state of the art aspects to protect against war, terrorism, epidemics, and so forth. We are not.

Even visiting a rural hospital places one in a waiting room the same as an early 20th century one -sitting next to someone who is a vector with XDRTB - Extremely drug resistant tuberculous. Triage screeners are a weak link.

People here in a rural county keep horses no less different than than that of colonial times. That EEE vet ailment was around here.

The lists, like Ready.gov, are pro forma. Eg flu shots are not mandatory (less medical exceptions), alcoholism is deemed a disease (allowing for medicare/medicaid/tricare funding). Smoking tobacco is legal.

Needed pharma for flu and the related are restricted by some cartels for non health reasons. Look at the pricing schedules. Even getting RX Tylenol pills for pain management so as to bury a dead rabid animal for disease control is difficult and expensive.

Much of all of this is about quality government. The health care cartels are the contemporary equivalent of war lords and their fiefdoms.

You did omit the only remedy even better than RX pharma.

The wet nose of German Sherard Mekeesha is more thearapeutic than the stuff they're preparing for the Wuhan corona virus.

"Much of all this is about quality government."

6. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    Good morning! Whew! The cold really blew in here! Snow litters the outside!
    I again have to say I agree with you, @Pragmatist , especially what you said about the big pharma organized crime... but that's a whole other forum thread to be written! Rest assured, that's why I turn to books like "The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies" so that I may circumvent the whole cartel, or at least as much as possible!

I put up the "Pandemic Reading Resources" blog post to help my readers get some basic info on how to prepare. I have readers in lots of different walks of life, so I wanted to share what I had on my bookshelf. They are actually good reads, but I have the skill of gleaning info and knowledge from just about any source, so i might be biased. I then wanted to share those books with my friends and fellows here on the forum, because, well, I thought it would be worth it to y'all. Knowledge is power, and sometimes the difference between life and death. Exactly the same reason I read the majority of my fellow forum member's links to news articles or what-have-you, regardless of whether I agree or not,... Info is king.

I shared the ready.gov and WHO links with y'all, specifically, to ensure we knew that;
    A. the government does have some form of literature on the subject,
    B. said literature is highly incomplete and presstitute,
    C. we may have an awareness of where we can improve and compile better, more integral lists, especially in a localized arena
    D. I was providing a grassroots approach to us sharing this knowledge of improvements on this forum.​

And, of course, on a side note, Makeesha's nose is the best! Her blood test results came back yesterday, not good news.
    132c480f901dab110bf787ea2fe09ec6.jpeg

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Justin,

I do glance at your herbal posts. The only reason I don't study and stock some remedies is because of my age and fate.

Understand the ready.gov, etc. At "C", the regulars here at MSF.COM do have the knowledge-base well beyond the FEMA contributors, less some specific technical stuff like aircraft radio nets. The new Federal civil service is really a product of America's "dumbed-down" society. Some even told me they've never learned about stuff I talk about.

Vet blood tests and all the rest are stress-producers. One day at a time.........

Like the picture !

TMT Tactical and Justin Baker like this.
  8. Justin Baker

160/173

Blog Posts:
    She's my puppy! Thank you! And I know it is one day at a time, it just happened so sudden-like, from being beside me in every single adventure to staying in one place for most of the day.... quite upsetting!
    ~I understand the learning sentiment, as I've notice with young'uns I have enlisted on projects; I think I've forgot more then they've ever learned!
    ~I understand your own self scrutiny, as I have done for myself as well. I may know how to dig a ditch, but I am very aware I can no longer do it in a day by myself!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.