A Mosquito Article

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jul 20, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ps-summer-aedes-mosquito-killer-512841851.htm

Can these mosquitoes bite through denim jeans at ankles ?

Avoid bell bottom jeans and I admit I loved to look at young girls wearing hip-hugger jeans. I knew they were sacrificing the hops to protect the ankles.

When will the mosquitoes reach Berkeley ? - or do they avoid the place because Berkeley is contaminated with too much trash ?

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
  3. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      377/460

Blog Posts:
    Link says page not found.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Mosquitoes in Texas have no problem nailing you through jeans if they are tight against your skin!!

The link was a dead-end for me too...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning all,

I just got up and deem it "morning".

Sidebar; SOL, Tex Dan, Can't explain missing link.

Keith; Genetically-modified mosquitoes are the BIG thing now. They are the current equivalent of the Dreadnaught battleship, the aeroplane, the atomic bomb.

It's germ warfare at it's worst.

The main natural predator of the human species is the mosquito. They cause more deaths than any other predator and the scale is geometric. The second most dangerous predator killing humans is the freshwater snail and it isn't even close to the deaths attributed to mosquitoes. Snakes, scorpions, ticks and our other annoyances don't even make the charts in re morbidity and mortality.

It is the mosquito.

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It's the lady mosquitoes that are the problem!!! The boy mosquitoes only want to "bite" the lady skeeters so they are cool and typical fun-loving males.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    TexDanm,

Apology for not mentioning the mosquito's ability to bite through tight jeans.

You're right. It is a problem that is still neglected - even by preppers.

I don't discriminate in re the sex of the mosquitoes. They are the most lethal danger as a natural predator.

When "weaponized" ... think of CRISP-R ... we've got a major problem.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      377/460

Blog Posts:
    I would have considered the flea as the second most dangerous critter for the human race. I have never heard of any issues with fresh water snails.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Morgan101

Morgan101 Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    The link did not work for me either. Not that it matters. I am a mosquito magnet. If I am around nobody else has to worry because the mosquitos are all over me. I hate them beyond belief. If they ever make me King I'm bringing back DDT.

TMT Tactical likes this.