A Neglected Wilderness Danger

Discussion in 'Safety' started by Pragmatist, Sep 21, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-new...rs-of-hiking-la-luz-trail-unprepared/5867983/

Good morning all,

If I clearly worded the subject ......

Article tells that even with a hiking trail near a major metro area, the hikers must still be prepared re wilderness knowledge and the pertinent stuff to carry on the walk.

It's not just the La Luz trail. San Francisco Bay is LARGER than the state of Rhode Island and the dangers that can be experienced on waters are present near this once great city.

So, too, the Chesapeake Bay. Next to some major cities, the Bay can still be dangerous for the unprepared.

Knowledge means continuing to learn. The old days of frost bite in the winter can also occur in the hottest, most humid August days. The freon from the small boat's fog horn can cause frost bite. Had treated a couple of casualties.

Prep, prep, prep
    and
    factor in safety

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I wish there is something like that around here (hiking trail near metro area). That would cut the cost of transportation alone by large margin.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    But, but, but ... how is the chaff to be removed?! How is it that gold ore is to be brought to Beauty?

He is the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. The Infinite Singularity, the Progenitor of Order, makes of this world a cauldron of creation. He tosses in dirty gold ore -- mostly rock & little gold. He heats this cauldron to unbearable degrees such that the dross is separated, rising to the top, then easily scraped off.

Impurities are tossed away.

787e2956f8d5c0d0164dd5fcb901e675.jpeg

One would do well not to dwell on the hideous horrors of wayfarers found in want.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Heat and cold
    Who is bold
    Sorrows told
    Multi-fold

Satanic seeming
    Inner meaning
    Truth is teeming
    Harvest's gleaning

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I think you're referring to the purification of hell. We reside in the school of purgatory. :D

Very familiar with that last image as it refers to the Bible. Probably mentioned in some way more than once, but I think it was Jesus that talked about wheat and fire in the Gospels. I don't remember the verse now.

Satanic seeming all around these days. AU be rare in them parts...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    our local "wilderness" is Dartmoor National Park, weather can change there very quickly and I have spent some time there where you can get 4 seasons in one day, yet stupid people still go walking without adequete clothing and the wrong footwear, strappy tops and shorts, sandals and beach "flip flops", the results usually have to be air lifted to the nearest Emergency hospital.
    like we say on these forums, you cant fix stupid.

TMT Tactical likes this.