A Post-covid Hunger Pandemic ?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Apr 25, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.scmp.com/comment/opinio...ld-facing-hunger-pandemic-and-other-disasters

Good afternoon all,

Author poses thought of food shortages worldwide based on both production aspects and the distribution. He references the Western theme of the 10 plagues. Forgot what boils meant.

Is a modern solution another Exodus but this time to Greenland ?

I'd guess that Hong Kong, being part of PRC, has food arrangements in place if frogs overtake HK.

I'd guess that Singapore has secure food arrangements in place. Singapore has more FOREX reserves than India.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't believe in Biblical plagues.
    whilst there may be some shortages due to corona virus lockdowns I don't see any large scale starvation, certainly not in first world western countries.

TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member
      82/115

Blog Posts:
    The cannibals in Africa sure won’t have to worry about finding food. ;)

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    you sure there are any left?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    Maybe Jeffery Dahmer finished them off for dinner.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL !

Good morning Lonewolf and Skywalker,

This is quality humor !

Now, in all seriousness, of all the multitude of Prepper/survial sites on the English language web, we here at MSF.COM have an expert researcher on this subject.

Our Forum Member Varuna spoke with "locals" who practiced this cuisine style of dining.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Depend on your definition on "cannibal". My definition of cannibal is most likely different than yours

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    Q. Why don’t cannibals eat comedians?
    A. Because they taste funny.

Ystranc, TMT Tactical and varuna like this.
    1. varuna
      This is funny :D

varuna, May 6, 2020
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

It would assist Forum Members if you'd provide a definition of "cannibal" and perhaps your experience mentioned I posted something about the lost Rockefeller.

There were stories going around that former Uganda Chief of State Idi Amen, participated in this type of dining.

TMT Tactical and Skywalker like this.
  11. Skywalker

82/115

Blog Posts:
    There were several Japanese soldiers who were tried and executed after WW2 for murdering Allied airmen and cannibalizing their bodies because they thought that would give them the strength of their enemies. Barbarians!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I heard today Alex Jones said because of those da- Democrats and the virus he has had to buy meat hooks , ropes and pulleys so he could get prepared to eat his neighbors . I never knew he was a fellow prepper .

Skywalker and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Skywalker,

Interesting.

I did not know this.

Yes, they were barbarians.

14. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    From a message generated by this forum - Ask A Prepper " Triple digit inflation expected within the next 18 months ". The reason - all the money generated out of thin air and throwed out to fight the virus and economic collapse . That is of now . They are STILL creating money out of thin air . Ask the citizens of Venezuela how printing up money out of thin air worked out for them . Was it Valmir of Germany that went that route after one of the world wars ? I likely misspelled Valmir , but inflation was ridiculous . I am not sure how this inflation will work out for those that are considering getting out of Dodge and getting a real survival retreat . Would that land debt be paid back with highly inflated dollars ? Perhaps few people would be willing to sell a good tract of property that would be suitable for a last stand . Or perhaps loan institutions will foreclose on property held by persons losing their jobs and flood the market with available property . We are indeed entering a new era and anyone that can look into the future accurately would have a huge advantage in shaping and preparing for their future .

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  15. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmmm long pork taste gooooood

Its happened a lot throughout history, happened a lot in WW2 Russia as well.

I can't see starvation within Europe, may run short on organic avocados and sushi wraps sort of thing.

Not sure about the USA with all those moaning tits breaking lockdown and ignoring social distancing, C19 and armed militia should kill off a good few over there I suppose leaving more food for survivors.

There is a rumor that C19 was developed/genetically modified to kill all the republicans/rednecks/Darwin award candidates and leave the democrats free to build a brave new honest and fare USA but I don't believe that story myself ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.