A Sixth Mass Extinction ?

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jun 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    by that time more species will be extinct.
    personally I think humans have evolved too far and overpopulation is to blame.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    I skimmed through the article, but I think it's probably probable that this is happening. I like to drink a tea called Snapple (ah, all that lovely tea pesticide...) and on the bottom of the cap is a little factoid. One day I turned the cap over to read the factoid and it said there are more Siberian tigers in zoos than out in the wild. Now that's just down right sad.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    As to the "sixtieth extinction" that will come for us all soon I'm sure. We simply can't keep our collective shit in order and I think God/mother nature is going to hit the big ol' fat, red reset button. It may be from a super volcano somewhere on earth or an asteroid impact.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure that Homo sapiens is an invasive species, that will remain an open question. However during plague lockdown all over the world we see wildlife retaking the cities (very prominent in tropical environment). Anther excellent example is the area around Chernobyl after it was abandoned wildlife retaking the area albeit some of them in mutated form. I won't be surprised WHEN some salty croc began making appearance around here.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I have already read cases of this happening. I think it was Thailand a certain monkey population was roaming around causing a ruckus because they're used to tourist food handouts. Since there's no tourism their steady supply of a food source have dried up.

Like they say all over the national parks here in the U.S. and Yellowstone. "Don't feed the bears." And with good reason. Actually more than one reason. If I were king for a day I'd update that sign to read: "Don't feed the bears least you become the food." LOL! Then you have asshats try and take selfies with the wildlife. Y0u can't be this stupid. Smartphone 1 human, 0.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

An invasive species heats up northern area lands with propane.

An invasive species cools down southern area lands with refrigeration.

The southern Asian land mass has huge industrial farm factories mixing species in the process.

Weaponized mosquitoes via gene-splicing.

That darn atmospheric test ban treaty distorts the environment.

The human species is causing the problems.

"There is meaning in waiting." Miguel Unamuno

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Overwatch

Overwatch Expert Member
      185/230

Blog Posts:
    I would have to agree.. regrettably. Nature will fight us until we are in balance with Her. She has time on Her side. Mas extinction will happen. If not there is always the ice age that happens every 10,000 years when the poles shift.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Overwatch,

Well received.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Human Beings are DEFINITELY an invasive species, we have been encroaching on animals territories for a long time as cities and urban places extended, now we are chopping down the forests where animals live to build these awful palm oil plantations( I never asked for this stuff to be grown!) and the animals in a lot of cases have nowhere else to go.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.