About Inflation......be Warned......

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by watcherchris, Dec 2, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    About Inflation and Demonism......The Fallen.....and the nature of the lie....

Here about inflation via ..>John Maynard Keynes...quoting Vladimir Lennin....

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    This is what Donald J. Trump should be telling the American people to wake them up..........and expose these phony Ishmaelites...in both political parties......both!!!!!.

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    At this point in time it appears the communist are initiating this plan world wide . Without a rocket ship to leave the planet , it seems the next option for those that want to live free is a self sufficient homestead and preparing for isolation . Unfortunately many have already waited too late to obtain that isolated retreat , as they couldn't see for enough into the future . -- Even during the prosperous Donald Trump years and before anyone had heard of covid 19 , I tried to warn our members and encouraged them to establish that self sufficient homestead . I don't know of anyone that took my warning serious ., " nor did I expect anyone to " . I think everyone on this forum now realize this is only the beginning of SHTF . Even if we are fortunate enough that a Nuclear World War is averted , what is ahead is going to be catastrophic .

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The last time we had double diget inflation I was in a position that greatly benefited from it. The place that I worked thought that they had hoodwinked us when they got us to accept a cost of living based pay rate rather than them having to give us a raise to get us to sign a new contract. THAT contract cost them a FORTUNE!!! Minimum wage was $1.65 and I was making $4.74 when we signed that contract.

All most immediatly after that the economy changed and the inflation rate went through the roof! 4 years later when that contract was done I was making nearly 11 dollars an hour. They didn't go for that sort of contract again. I was getting a 25 to 30 cent raise every 3 months. It was GREAT!! But then it wasn't...If a company doesn't make a good and dependable profet they will just close down and go someplace else. That was eventually what they did. I had planned on retiring there...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Around 1980, the wife and I had stocks in some energy companies and mortgage-backed bonds. We were getting over a 17% return on our investments per year.

But we had to! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why? Because Jimmy Carter had sent the inflation rate that high!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(

These inflation rates that are now around 10% are just the beginning (add hidden inflation in the form of getting less quantities and less quality in products). Expect to see inflation in the West head over 20%, then going ballistic.

If inflation doesn't happen, then the alternative is an outright economic depression and the shutting down of all investments, thus industrial grind-downs.

To prevent hyperinflation, the Fed would have to send interest rates through the roof. But the Fed isn't going to do that -- not with the biden-whatever in the White House. If interest rates went up, the government couldn't add-on debt at such high rates.

The Fed is printing money hand-over-fist and it will continue to do so. The federal debt cap will be moved ever higher and higher. Forget GDP, it's full speed ahead.

With national and personal debts being where they are now, which is to say "unpayable", it is GAME OVER.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah...but how about ESPN and or the Kardashians???? Or whatever distraction they are going to feed us next???

Be Warned these Ishmaelites.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Hey Bobby, you hear about them thar Kardashians?"

"Holy crap, Tommy, you know I don't believe in them thar space aliens!"

And a lot of folk have stopped watching national sports what with them going Woke. There are too many local sports teams and events readily available. We could walk over to watch high school teams play or watch a baseball game -- I like the baseball games. It's a two mile drive to watch the local drag races -- we can hear the monster engines from o our house. When we lived in a Mid-West tiny town, we'd walk over the town's courthouse lawn to hear blue-grass bands play (it was like being back home in the South). We'd go to the dirt track races. Everybody loved the local figure-8 races because you always got to see the really violent wrecks. Big deal for the EMS crews ... patching-up the drivers, taking them to the Emergency Ward (hospital was 20 miles north).

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't pay any attention to make believe people or shows. People like the Kardashains are just not real people to people like me. I honestly wouldn't know one of them if they walked up to me and said hi! I don't care who they are sleeping with or how much money they make. They are no more real to me than Buggs Bunny.

9. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    by Olde Geezer....

I did not know this Olde Geezer....mostly because I do not watch sports. Don't get me wrong here...I am not against sports ...and learning how to push/discipline one's self to do better ...or work better in a team envornment....for these skills/traits transfer over into our daily work environments.

I just have no ambition to worship at the altar of the demigods of sports as do so many around me. Nor to buy the products advertised. Not for me thanks.

I never have to watch a game...I can learn all about it at work...some of the fellows...that is all they talk about most of the day or night as well....."My Team....My Team...My Team."

Not for me....I am just not interested.

I do understand that for many sports is an escape and relaxation......competitive sports...et al.

Yes...I do think sports erred big time by going woke....

Just not something in which I am interested...but thanks for the heads up on Sports...I was not aware of this trend.

Though I am also not a race car fan....I do understand that the pit crews are a type or epitome of a highly disciplined team working together to reach a goal.....

I don't care at all for the car racing, but it is fascinating to me to watch a good pit crew working ...in very very critical few seconds....

Agree with Texdanm...about make believe. That is why I never watched those Survivor shows which became so popular some years back...not interested....just like sports.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"1 in 3 Americans Are Watching Less Sports. Blame ‘Social Justice’ Preaching."

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/04...g-less-sports-blame-social-justice-preaching/

"When former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick first took a knee during the national anthem in 2016, something snapped in the cultural landscape.

"The act proved to be a flash point, sharply dividing Americans along two distinct battle lines. One side defended Kaepernick as a hero, bravely standing against a racist system oppressing minorities. The other viewed the act as a form of disrespect toward the country that gave him so much.

"Kaepernick would not be the last athlete to attempt to use his or her celebrity status to push a political agenda. Soccer star Megan Rapinoe has dedicated herself to crusading for 'equal pay' for women, the underlying premise of which Heritage Foundation experts have proven to be false. NBA star LeBron James is now a pundit on everything from China to racism.

"According to a new poll, all this political posturing and preaching is starting to have actual consequences for professional sports.

"Yahoo News and YouGov report that nearly 35% of Americans have started to watch less sports expressly due to woke social justice messaging.

"It turns out people don’t like being lectured while they watch football, basketball, or other sports.

"In the past, sports acted as a place for people to come together. Liberals and conservatives could unite over their shared love for a game, or cheer for their favorite team, regardless of political affiliation.

"But as the left continues to corrupt each facet of American public life, professional sports have become yet another battlefield in the ongoing culture wars."

upload_2022-12-5_10-14-56.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've never been that interested in sports myself, my own hobbies were motorcycles, fishing and backpacking, all solo activities.
    I cannot think of anything more mind numbing than watching sports for hours on end, what a waste of time, got better things to do.

1. Old Geezer
      Same here.

Women's beach volleyball ... I'll watch that.

Old Geezer, Dec 5, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I just read the following article about inflation in the UK. Didn't know that it was approaching 20% already.

Is this true? Are the prices jumping up worse for some items

Here in the States, we're not at 20% yet. The quantity and quality of products is taking a big hit, which is the second half of inflation (1.price hikes & 2.quality drops). But food prices have gone up 10% not 20.

"Inflation Bites: Christmas Day Staples Turkey, Pork, Up 20 Per Cent"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...stmas-day-staples-turkey-pork-up-20-per-cent/

"Turkey, pork, and other Christmas day staples have all seen price spikes of around 20 per cent or more amid Britain’s inflation crisis.

"A traditional Christmas dinner is likely to be out of the financial reach of many this holiday season, with one trade union association reporting that the essential components of the meal have risen by over 20 per cent on average while wages have largely stagnated.

"While Britain’s ruling Conservative (Tory) Party hikes taxes and limits spending, many in Britain have been left unable to afford necessities, with many single parents going so far as to skip meals in order to keep their homes warm for the sake of their children.

"Such individuals are likely to find little relief in the holiday season, with the Trades Union Congress (TUC) claiming that the overall costs of Christmas dinner staples have risen by around 18 per cent on average.

"Some items however have risen substantially more than that, with both turkey and pork seeing a rise of around 20 per cent, while the base cost of ingredients needed for cranberry sauce is reportedly up as much as 33 per cent.

"Considering that wages in the country have only risen by an average of 5,7 per cent, the TUC warns that many will be left unable to properly celebrate Christmas due to it becoming largely unaffordable for them."

Food price jumps will mean that more folk will become interested in gardening.

Or not.

People have gotten too lazy. They'll just whine, I guess.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    UK inflation is at 11.1%, expected to fall to 8% in 2023.
    whilst some prices have risen most people have debts which is what is causing the so called hardship, living on credit has finally come home to roost for the "buy now pay later" generation.

Max rigger and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    As for sports viewing. I used to watch and support the local teams. When they took a knee, I took a powder. I have not watched any sporting event since. As for price increases, that is a hit and miss topic. Food prices continue to increase but the local fuel prices have dropped. I do not have a clue as to why fuel prices have dropped, as there appears to be no increase in fuel production. I have been cultivation local connections for meat and egg suppliers and I am happy to say I have found local sources that do not require the use of a fragile distribution system.

Old Geezer likes this.
  15. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not celebrate Xmas...so all that stuff makes no difference to me. I am not getting on that treadmill...for the advertisers and merchandizers. Once I understood what was happening out here ...I got off that treadmill...years ago. Not for me thanks.

I am, however, concerned about food prices...year round......as well as fuel prices...which affects all the rest of product prices.

The USA...like England, is trying to put the rest of the world on our breast...

Or as the Olde Wise Economics professor aptly stated.....the rest of the world cannot ever become like the USA...but the USA can be made to become like the rest of the world.....buckle up. And so too will the UK become....

As I am oft stating....people of America taking second, third, and fourth place in their own country and being held hostage and in the gulag for speaking out about what is happening to them. ....just like England.

Let me put it another way......."A non-representative government."

A government of Ishmaelites hell bent on putting their people into Ishmaelite bondage.

Privileges granted by the sovereign...not rights from God. Not limited government but unlimited government.

That is what is coming to the USA over time...by intellects...by educated people....by illumination...by reason and logic....the new reason and logic. By Ishmaelites.

It is already well underway in the UK....and other commonwealths...like Canada, and down under..
    Remember....privileges granted by the sovereign..not rights from God.

My non Ishmaelite 02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
  16. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Buy local" is a big deal around here. Driving to the grocery, I pass two large fields of veggies. Corn fields, sure; but I'm talking about veggies you'd garden yourself such as tomatoes and leafy greens.

For those without yards and those living in apartments, there are farming co-ops -- I don't know the proper name. Anyway, somebody with land let's non-landed folk work their land for a fee and get shares of produce. I don't know exactly how this works. I've only read a little bit about this.

Anyway, there's a whole lot of land around here to grow veggies. If you think about it, in an emergency, most all of cattle pasture land could be swapped into veggie growing. The output would be HUGE. The land around here is rich, plus the cattle have been pooping-out some serious amounts of nitrogen. If one leaves a piece of property feral, in three or so years, this land will be covered over with plant life such that you might have to bring a machete to get in there. These mountains trap a lot of moisture coming up from the Gulf of Mexico. We have been known to get droughts. That does happen every so often. Can happen anywhere.

17. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we personally buy local wherever and whenever we can, I'm not a fan of conglomerates or globalisation, I prefer to support local small operations.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Growing my own food is on the schedule for next spring, god willing. I have never had a garden, so this will be a whole new learning experience for me. I plan to install a rain harvesting system, drip irrigation and a green house. With the local meat company and local egg /poultry suppliers, I just need to grow my veggies. Hunting /trapping and fishing is also a possibility but I would rather not be out and about in the field during a SHTF event. Too many city folks will be out there shooting at anything that moves.

19. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    more likely they will shoot each other, which will a plus point post SHTF.

TMT Tactical and Old Geezer like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Old Geezer, Dec 5, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    If there is any up-side of a collapse, it is that it will strangle even the powers-that-be.

One positive is that our combat military and Heartland police forces are conservative in their politics. Plus, we are an armed nation. Military and police personnel have their own personal combat rifles at home. Hunters have their scoped rifles and ammunition -- and a lot of these folk are ex-military. Used to, these folk didn't store much ammo. Not the case now. Everybody is stocking-up. This is one reason for ammo shortages -- way too many have been clearing the shelves at the gun shops. That now has settled-down somewhat. Yet the commies in the White House are sending ammunition over to Ukraine; what a drain.

Anger levels are now through the roof. When it hits the fan, the Heartlanders are going to dig-in their heels. Anybody trying to impose in those days could easily get killed. The oligarchs had better have their own private armies. I just posted here the news of some right-wingers taking out a power station. Multiply that by thousands.

21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    When in our cities the authorities have these "gun turn-in" events, the firearms that show up are junk.

There are some hunters who live in the cities. These are among the few folk there who know how to actually use firearms. When gangs have shootings, they dump dozens of rounds to achieve one hit. Their "skill" levels are such that they sometimes kill their own.

Many, if not most, urban cops are horribly under-trained in the use of their firearms. We perpetually read of them engaged in the "spray and pray" folly (I can't use the f-word I normally use to describe this sort of crap). Just in the past few years, two New York City cops took-on an armed robber. This was like one block away from the Empire State Building (as I remember; I'll have to look this up). In bringing this felon down, the cops wounded nine civilians. (I was thinking 3 civilians, but looked it up, it was 9!) Pathetic. Bizarre. o_O:eek::rolleyes:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-9-shooting-bystander-victims-hit-by-police-gunfire

Many city dwellers only have handguns. Handguns are a narrow-niche class of firearms. Most handguns do not have adjustable sights. This is useless crap for hunting. Not even good for hunting humans. Nine out of ten people shot with handguns live. Of those who live, eight out of ten suffer no handicapping injuries. If you get hit center-mass with a deer rifle round or a shotgun slug, you will die.

God only knows how many animals I've killed. The tin can and pop-bottle-cap kill count is much higher. I used to hit pop-bottle caps with a good German air rifle of mine, the distance being across my front yard, then across the road, so we're talking 20-25 yards/meters. Not a whole lot of folk have gone through tens of thousands of rounds of ammo. It takes time and practice to get good.

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  22. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:

Yeah...lonewolf...that is how I would pretty much describe myself...solo. I have very few friends by choice...I am definitely not the social butterfly type.

I am not against sports....for reasons important to me....but am not interested in that kind of idol worship so to speak.

I too have better things to do...including at times...doing nothing.

As I go into my Autunm years...I am often want to have a serious love affair with my Lazy Boy Recliner. Someone put the correct name on that Recliner.

Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  23. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    For now, I have changed my mind about purchasing one of those Taurus 692 revolvers with the 9mm cylinder...and also a cylinder for .38 Special/.357 Magnum.

Not exactly sure why ...I just decided not to get it....not really a priority. I will make do with my Ruger GP 100 as I have no real complaints with it.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Before I'd buy a Taurus, I'd check the trigger pull and let-off. Some complain about heavy pull, stacking, and sear issues.

And if your GP100 performs and you have other handguns that will meet your missions, then why spend more money on something that may not make you happy / "fill the bill". Use the money for other necessary items.

Didn't you say that you already have a rifle in .357? I've currently no revolver in .357. I only have one rifle in .357, a Rossi, 20" barrel. I gave my Winchester to younger kin. The Rossi, I had to work on ... long story. Lots of folks have had issues with the Rossi rifles. Now that I've fixed the Rossi, it works fine and shoots accurately.

My Rossi will hold 10 rounds in the tube plus one "in the nose". The 20" barrel is not as handy as the 16" Win. Trapper, but the 20" barrel gives me a better sight radius. A .357 rifle is a great truck gun / handy rifle. Plenty of deer have been taken east of the Mississippi with the .357 -- especially in forested areas. A .357 out of a handgun is a killer, but out of the longer barrel of the rifle, = higher velocity, the round is devastating. I bought some FMJs should I need to shoot through vehicles post-SHTF.

My Enfields have 10-rnd magazines, but they are a lot heavier and less maneuverable than a handy-rifle. I love the .303 cartridge by the way. As battle rifles go, the Enfields are dynamite. The No.4 mk II of mine has the vernier flip-up rear sight (sighted mine to 200 yrd). My Enfields are very accurate. I don't know why they get such a bad rap. Competition target rifles? -- they weren't designed for that. AR-15s, AKs, got no use for them. Could have gotten an Argentine FN FAL (7.62 NATO) a few decades back, but didn't act on the deal. Wish I had ... maybe. That would have been handy.

Rifle carbine .357 mag vs. gel block:

I see no way that a human could survive this if hit center mass. The tester put several layers of denim in front of these blocks and the clothing made no difference. It's like a little bomb went off in there.

upload_2022-12-6_16-54-56.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Here's a book-lovin' good'ol'boy from my neck of the woods (this fellow's accent is that which is common where I'm from; my immediate family didn't have this thick of an accent; even though my accent is now CBS Evening News, I can instantly switch to his thick accent and sound like his first cousin). When viewing this video, imagine how this fellow would get along with strangers trespassing on his property ... trespassing in his community. In the video, he will compare a .357 snub nose to a modern Henry Arms .357 rifle by shooting into a stack of books -- I told you he was a book-lover.

Old Geezer, Dec 6, 2022
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  25. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I love lever action rifles. I don't have a mechanical reason, I just like them and find them attractive. To me they are a nice compromize between function and apearance. If I wanted pure accuracy I would go bolt or single shot and if I wanted to put the maximum lead in the air an auto would be my choice. Soooo I own a half dozen lever action rifles.

For me, a gun is something that sort of reflects a persons personality or way of thinking. You can tell a lot about the way someone thinks by the guns that they choose for defence. As a hint, do NOT mess with someone that likes a single shot rifle!!! They will KILL you! They know that they only have one shot so they wait for good and certain one.

Where I used to hunt if you didn't just smooth drop them with one shot you lost them. It was dense endless brush that a human could barely walk through. Actually you couldn't walk through it! At best you might either crawl or hack your way into it. I would sit peeking over the dam of a little pond and wait for them to come to water in the afternoon. When they lowered their heads to drink it offered you a perfit shot that would drop them if you could hit them right. It wasn't a great area if you were hunting horns but the deer there were well fed and great for eating which was what I wanted.

1. Old Geezer
      Lever rifles have been putting meat on the supper table for over 150 years. It is said that the 30-30 has killed more deer than any other caliber. Where I'm from in S.Appalachia, the 30-30 and the .35 Remington are the lever calibers most go with. There's a bunch of .35 Rem advocates because of the heavier 200 grain bullet it shoots. The .35 Remington has no problem dropping a large black bear. Had a cousin who swore by the .35 Remington. It is the shooter, not the weapon. My mom's dad (born before 1905) only had a .32 muzzle-loader when he was young. Talk about someone who could hunt!

Old Geezer, Dec 6, 2022
  26. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Verily agree with Tesdanm...here...

And yes...Olde Geezer...I have Henry Lever rifles in .22 LR, .38 Special/.357 Magnum and also one in .41Mag.

While I like the .41Mag cartridge...the .38 Special/.357 mag is a bit more practical....and or available....and I reload both calibrations.

I had some years ago a Marlin in .35 Remington and no complaints with it. I did however sell it and came to regret that decision.

Now I only have .35 Remington in a Thompson Contender....you need to brace yourself to shoot .35 Remington in a 14 inch barreled Contender....it is a serious Mule....on both ends.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a Henry in 22Lr, A Winchester a la Sears hammerless 22lr, a 30-30 Marlin, a Winchester 357 carbine, and a Savage 99F in 300 Savage.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    300 Savage.....Wow!!! I am given to understand that was a very popular and potent cartridge at one time....

I verily enjoy reading the history of various cartridges in my Hornady Reloading book. Fascinating how many cartridges came about....unto what we have today.

Also looked up that cases can be made from .308 cases...but best to mark them with a magic marker so as not to get them confused with regular .308 loads...because of the headstamp.

But yes...a potent cartridge...300 Savage.

Also agree about the 30-30...and it's long history ..over a hundred years back.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have come to look at inflation as an assault weapon used and misused against Americans to change or alter their behaviors without passing any new laws, regulations, or controls...by increasing prices....by the creation of new M or monies injected into the economy.

The only group who can inject such moneys so as to alter the economy to such an inflation level is government...who gets the money for nothing .....versus we Americans who must earn it ...often at great risks in our occupations.

Got some groceries today and was a bit stunned to see how much vegetable oil has gone up...I got two large containers and put them back for now. If need be I will give some to relatives ...before it goes bad.....but nonetheless...was startled to see the price of vegetable oil.

Gas prices coming down here but not grocery prices.

Wondering to myself if groceries are being siphoned out of the marketplace by inflationary money creation...thus increasing prices....

You know...like gunpowder was some time back....when even .22 LR was difficult to find??

Reloading supplies are still difficult to find and in short supply....

Now food too??? As reflected in increased prices.

Remember I keep saying ...we are going to be coming in second, third, and fourth place in our own country!!???

Here it is....in living color.

But what would cause food to be in short supply ...and also related to ammo shortages????

Hmmmmmmmmmm!!???? I wonder!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Mayhap I should watch more ESPN and or the Kardashians...and remain distracted....to not be able to think it through past what the MSM wants us to think..by their constant lobbying...our minds and souls.

Ishmaelites run Wild!!!!

My non Ishmaelite 02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "‘Expensive Hypocrisy’ — UK to Import Shale Gas From U.S. While Banning Fracking At Home"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-gas-from-u-s-while-banning-fracking-at-home/

"On Wednesday, Rishi Sunak and President Joe Biden will announce the UK-US Energy Security and Affordability Partnership, in which the United States will seek to export at least nine to ten billion cubic metres of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to Britain over the next year. The deal was struck in the hopes of preventing energy blackouts in the UK as well as further diminishing reliance on Russian gas.

"The deal has drawn criticism given that the vast majority of the American gas that will come to the UK was taken out of the ground via fracking, while Sunak used one of his first acts as prime minister to reinstate the ban on domestic fracking. The government’s own estimates have said that the natural gas deposits at Bowland Shale could provide 50 years of energy at current usage, however, the gas will stay under the ground as the Conservative government pursues green projects at home and imports fossil fuels from abroad.

"Charles McAllister, director of UK Onshore Oil and Gas, added: ‘It is the height of hypocrisy for the Government to disallow shale gas development in the UK whilst chasing deals with the US to buy their shale gas. Gas imports do not offer the economic, environmental or geopolitical merits a domestic industry would offer.

“'The Government’s strategy is clearly to offshore our environmental responsibilities and economic opportunities at the expense of UK households, businesses and taxpayers.'

"In order to generate electricity, wind turbines are reliant on industrial strength magnets, which are comprised of rare earth minerals such as neodymium, which is predominantly mined in China.

"A report in 2011 found that the mining of neodymium resulted in the formation of a toxic lake outside the Inner Mongolian city of Baotou. Neighbouring villagers saw cancer rates soar and children were even reported to have been born with soft bones.

“'The reality is that, as Britain flaunts its environmental credentials by speckling its coastlines and unspoiled moors and mountains with thousands of wind turbines, it is contributing to a vast man-made lake of poison in northern China,' the report stated."

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...ve-climate-change-energy-russia-b1045640.html

Truth be told, the UK is sitting on top of billions of tons of coal and gas which with the application of new technology won't kill the planet.

UK North Sea oil and gas fields could flood the UK with power for generations to come and again without killing the planet.

The UK should have been building nuclear reactors for the last twenty years.

Basically we should not be floating down the river now minus paddles.

I rest my case and give up.

32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The advantage that a 300 savage had over the 30-30 Winchester was that the rifle that it was designed to be fired in was just a more accurate rifle than the one that the 30-30 was designed for. A Savage 99 has a rotary magazine that allows pointed bullets to be safely fired and is a slightly stronger action allowing the use of slightly more powerful loads. The 30-30 in the Winchester 94 you had to use flat point or rounded bullets because the point of a pointed bullet in a tubular magazine is resting on the primer of the round ahead of it. Recoil could cause it to possibly fire and that would be disastrous!!! You just can't use pointed bullets in a tubular magazine like Winchester, Marlin, and several of the other similar lever-action rifles.

I'm fond of lever actions and have them in Winchester, Marlin, Savage and Henry.

33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:

The Savage lever-action rifle design is vastly superior to the Browning lever. The 300 Savage round is downright great. It is greatly under-appreciated. East of the Mississippi and especially in wooded areas, what more does one need?! Moose maybe?, but in the woods / up close, hey, the 300 Savage will drop a moose if the hunter does his/her part. At distance, I'd want more, yet think about upstate Maine -- one rarely has to reach out to hit a moose, thick forests and all.

The 300 Savage is one of those older cartridges that get the job done, yet people right it off, which is massively illogical.

Don't get me started about "older" cartridges that are now somehow "obsolete". B.S.!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    the truth is both Conservative and Labour govt's have not done what they should, the UK should have been self sufficient in energy generation long before the 21st century. the trouble with nuclear power stations is they take too long to build and come online, 10 years sometimes more for each one, even a large building program would not solve UK energy shortfall for over a decade. in the meantime wind and solar will have to fill the gap or at least try to.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. Max rigger

Max rigger Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    The new Rolls Royce SMR (Small Modular Reactors ) will take about 4 years to build and start pumping power. We could build five or six for the cost of our two new aircraft carriers.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  36. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    thats slightly better but 4 years still wont help current shortages in supply, we cant always expect to get supplies from France.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  37. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL....you folks need to build more Astute class submarines....they are very very inexpensive compared to land based nuclear reactors.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  38. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    how does a submarine power electricity in peoples houses?

TMT Tactical and watcherchris like this.
  39. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    They can ..but it is much more practical to do this from an Aircraft carrier....and it's much bigger generator capacity.

And also remember....you folks have , I believe 50 cycles per minute, also I believe what we call 220/240 volt systems...versus out 60 cycle 110 volt system here.

This has been done in some disaster ridden countries....but usually they bring portable land based generators..on board.

About this..by me in my previous post...

That was a bit tongue in cheek..... but...
    Submarines are not inexpensive at all and their costs are going up up up..........and a land based nuclear power plant can be built for the cost of one submarine..

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

TMT Tactical likes this.
  40. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  41. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    inflation fluctuates, it may be in double figures over here at the moment but could be halved again by the end of the year.

TMT Tactical likes this.